WNY as a microcosm of the future?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See there you go again Darin... Please tell me where I started calling you names? You are the one who is starting this crap by trolling and not defending a proper position/argument. All you do is get into these flame wars. Please cease and desist.

Ah, so you didn't respond to one of my posts with "you guys are stumps"? Or is that meant to be extra-flattering "Riddler Speak"?

Get over yourself. It's PPP, either thicken the skin or hit the road.

A most convincing retort! I was admittedly still on the fence after the first eye rolling emoticon, but the second one has pushed me solidly in the Keynesian economic camp. Well done, sir!

Okay... I will play. Why do we as a nation need China and other emeriging nations if said emerging nations don't want to play by a higher standard? Our market and the European markets are big enough to sustain their needs. The US doesn't have to be in every corner of the world and we can play by our higher expectations. Shouldn't it be "race to the top"... Not: "race to the bottom." Your arguments and positions highlight exactly why as a nation we continue to undercut everybody and anybody.

Ah, so you didn't respond to one of my posts with "you guys are stumps"? Or is that meant to be extra-flattering "Riddler Speak"?

Get over yourself. It's PPP, either thicken the skin or hit the road.

Ah... Darin using the old internet trick: "I am rubber you are glue tactic."

Nice one.

And yes... I have a very thick skin... I have been here for many years and only got banned once (on what I think where flimsy, personal charges... :unsure::P ).

I am just saying Darin, that the board would be a lot better place if YOU would start changing your style and tone and start taking responsibility for your actions. Unless you really want the board to be just "PPP." To me, that is a cop out. The board is crap, and you don't help... You make it worse... Who knows? You may want it that way... ???

If government is the answer why is it allowing Buffalo to die?

It allowed it to die 50 years ago... I honestly don't think that the gov't knew what it was doing in Canada's interest when it went ahead with the SeaWay project during the late 1950's... I am told the late 1950's, one couldn't buy a job?? Do you think BFLO would be such a "sacrificial lamb" in this day and age if the SeaWay project was authorized tommorrow?

BFLO was standing on it's own in 1959... Ya, years earlier Curtiss was the first to leave... Yet, there were so many other "sharks" within our borders eating their own... BFLO just happened to be the first... And now it is the last to get help.

We did it to ourselves people.

It allowed it to die 50 years ago... I honestly don't think that the gov't knew what it was doing in Canada's interest when it went ahead with the SeaWay project during the late 1950's... I am told the late 1950's, one couldn't buy a job?? Do you think BFLO would be such a "sacrificial lamb" in this day and age if the SeaWay project was authorized tommorrow?

BFLO was standing on it's own in 1959... Ya, years earlier Curtiss was the first to leave... Yet, there were so many other "sharks" within our borders eating their own... BFLO just happened to be the first... And now it is the last to get help.

We did it to ourselves people.

But I thought the government was supposed to be our savior? Are you saying the government is now smarter and wiser than they were in the 50's but Buffalo is too far gone to be saved? What exactly are you saying? Why has the government not been able to fix the problems of Buffalo?

But I thought the government was supposed to be our savior? Are you saying the government is now smarter and wiser than they were in the 50's but Buffalo is too far gone to be saved? What exactly are you saying? Why has the government not been able to fix the problems of Buffalo?

Laugh as you will... I am just gonna say it (gov't) is our savior (I really don't believe it is the be all and end all "savior"). But, just for sake or argument, I will play and say "it is." Just not in BFLO's interest when the rest of the country is at stake.

To answer the blue part: Because there is always somebody else more important. BFLO was made irrelevant not only by a miscalculating gov't IN THE PAST, but by a rest of the nation that put it's self-importance first. There WAS always something else undermining the gov't effort. Now, that everybody in the nation needs a "gov't fix"... Where to do you think BFLO stands? Of course last in line or holding the door.

And yes, the gov't is smarter and wiser than it was in the 1950's.

And you're just as stupid as you were yesterday. :P

What the convenient argument. Government is our savior except in Buffalo because they allowed it to die because they had bigger fish to fry. :unsure:

Ah... Darin using the old internet trick: "I am rubber you are glue tactic."

Nice one.

And yes... I have a very thick skin... I have been here for many years and only got banned once (on what I think where flimsy, personal charges... :unsure::P ).

I am just saying Darin, that the board would be a lot better place if YOU would start changing your style and tone and start taking responsibility for your actions. Unless you really want the board to be just "PPP." To me, that is a cop out. The board is crap, and you don't help... You make it worse... Who knows? You may want it that way... ???

Yeah, it's a trick. You call me a name, then pretend to be a victim.

Now you're playing the "this board would be way better if you were nicer", which is another giant crock. Politics is nasty business. Always has been, always will be. If you don't like the tone of the board, find another place to spew your drivel.

Yeah, it's a trick. You call me a name, then pretend to be a victim.

Now you're playing the "this board would be way better if you were nicer", which is another giant crock. Politics is nasty business. Always has been, always will be. If you don't like the tone of the board, find another place to spew your drivel.

No dear sir, to steal a page out of your book... You do nothing BUT call names FIRST... Now I know you can't remember when you do it, but you can go back and look at the facts. It is just an illusion that you are having thinking that I am calling you names first.

I don't mind the tone of the board... I have been here for how many years... You are a bright guy Darin, you can make the board a BETTER place. It is up to you. I am trying to do my part. I hope Scott appreciates it. You just can't handle it becasue you have to constantly cut people down.

No dear sir, to steal a page out of your book... You do nothing BUT call names FIRST... Now I know you can't remember when you do it, but you can go back and look at the facts. It is just an illusion that you are having thinking that I am calling you names first.

I don't mind the tone of the board... I have been here for how many years... You are a bright guy Darin, you can make the board a BETTER place. It is up to you. I am trying to do my part. I hope Scott appreciates it. You just can't handle it becasue you have to constantly cut people down.

Make the board a better place? You saying that the government is our savior but just not for Buffalo, man it just doesn't get any better than that. :unsure:

Make the board a better place? You saying that the government is our savior but just not for Buffalo, man it just doesn't get any better than that. :unsure:

Not true... The BFLO area has some of the best services in the country. Take for example where I live in the Chicago area, I pay higher taxes and get LESS services.

The hugest joke of all is that a guy who can do nothing but call names and spout filth when it suits him is also a "Moderator" who is supposed to exercise some control over the degradation of communication.

Not true... The BFLO area has some of the best services in the country. Take for example where I live in the Chicago area, I pay higher taxes and get LESS services.

Seeing I live in neither place, tell me what great services are offered in Buffalo that you don't have in Chicago?

The hugest joke of all is that a guy who can do nothing but call names and spout filth when it suits him is also a "Moderator" who is supposed to exercise some control over the degradation of communication.

Ya... Tell me about it. The powers that be must like it that way? I really hope that is not the case.

You gotta admit Blz... The place does have a down homey feel, of course in a purely disfunctional feel! :unsure::P God forbid the people on the main board actually take a liking to this place, I think many here (PPP) would have their feelings hurt those people don't think like they do. :worthy:;)