ROSTER IMPROVED GREATLY

I disagree very strongly. I think that Jauron is an amazing man and he is a top 5 coach in the NFL. He will get his due. Amongst his peers he is one of the most highly respected men in the game. If you, or I could be half the man that he is you could call yourself successful. He is accountable for everything he has ever done bad or good. He is honest, smart, trustworthy, and is very organized. Not many head coaches call plays on either side of the ball. I think you are hating on the wrong guys if you want to hate the offense or the defense. Dick allows his coaches to coach. The head coach is a motivator, and organizer. He needs to draw respect from his players and his peers. Dick Jauron is everything I ever want from my head coach. Hopefully, our coordinators improve. Vastly

Love this post.

I would stop short of calling him a top 5 coach in the NFL, but the man is an excellent quiet leader. His teams almost always look prepared and motivated on gameday. The personnel this year looks far better than its been during his time in Buffalo, and the host of young players he's been forced to play now have some experience.

Bottom line, I'm expecting at least 9 wins, and the only way we don't get there is if Edwards lets us all down. JMO

Love this post.

I would stop short of calling him a top 5 coach in the NFL, but the man is an excellent quiet leader. His teams almost always look prepared and motivated on gameday. The personnel this year looks far better than its been during his time in Buffalo, and the host of young players he's been forced to play now have some experience.

Bottom line, I'm expecting at least 9 wins, and the only way we don't get there is if Edwards lets us all down. JMO

Boone and Dreamy Dan,

Set your car keys down and have someone else drive you home. DJ might be a very honorable, nice person, but he is not a good head coach. Met some Bears fans the other day who said DJ's 13-3 season in Chicago was the luckiest 13 they'd ever seen.

Jauron is a terrible coach

He is the worst game-day coach I have ever seen. Wasted time-outs, poor playcalling, botched subsitutions; he just looks lost out there

I don't care how many of the players think he is their friend: his job isn't to make friends, it is to win football games. He has a 2-27!! record against winning teams. He doesn't utilize his players strengths.

He hired Turk who had not previous OC experience. What a joke that was.

This team looks like it could be dangerous now with a different coaching staff.

I disagree very strongly. I think that Jauron is an amazing man and he is a top 5 coach in the NFL. He will get his due. Amongst his peers he is one of the most highly respected men in the game. If you, or I could be half the man that he is you could call yourself successful. He is accountable for everything he has ever done bad or good. He is honest, smart, trustworthy, and is very organized. Not many head coaches call plays on either side of the ball. I think you are hating on the wrong guys if you want to hate the offense or the defense. Dick allows his coaches to coach. The head coach is a motivator, and organizer. He needs to draw respect from his players and his peers. Dick Jauron is everything I ever want from my head coach. Hopefully, our coordinators improve. Vastly

Dick Jauron is a highly respected "man", not head coach. There's a big difference. I'm confident that the other AFC East head coaches hope Dick stays right where he is and for a long time for reasons which should be fairly obvious. Dick's teams continue to fail whenever they are faced with non-doormat teams. These are his coordinators, these are his antiquated offensive and defensive schemes and philosophies, these are his players. He's been here three years and this team shows no signs of turning things around with him at the helm and a ridiculous 1 winning season out of 8 head coaching record. I happen to think that he's one of the worst coaches, not men, in league history. He himself has said that this is a performance based league, yet somehow this never applies to Dick. The man is living a charmed life considering he stills holds the title of NFL head coach given his past failures. Last year not once did they beat a team in the AFC East, they lost to the lowly Browns and Niners at home. That's pathetic. Sorry, but I do not share your optimism and faith regarding Dick Jauron's abilities to get the job done. Either Dick has a winning season or he's going to be rightfully fired at the end of this year.

Jauron a top 5 coach?

You are on a deserted island alone my friend.

I feel if you dislike Jauron, it tells me everything I need to know to know that you are somebody that I could never be friends with. I love the forum, its for fans... I highly doubt I'm in the minority in thinking very highly of Jauron. Anyone that is not optimistic about the bills right now is just not healthy mentally. Especially if your sole reason for your pathetic wining and child like opinions is because you have some ego problem about Jauron. If you think that there has been enough talent to be in the playoffs, and Jauron has been blowing it, you have a lot to learn about football. Its not college football... I can't think of a single team that has won a superbowl with a guy like JP Losman at QB??? The Bills haters on this board have really really really made it not worth my time to post. Its like a select few Patriot fans get off on posting on our board... WTF? I just don't understand why anyone would be so miserable that they feel that they have nothing better to do than post negative comments on a FAN board... GEEZ people, I'm ashamed of you, I know I'll never find myself sitting next to you at a game, because real fans don't think like that

WR- Evans - We are about to find out if every excuse we make for LEE is true. I believe he breaks out across from TO.

I am really not sure that a guy who is the all time leader on the Bills in receiving at this point in his career needs any excuses...his first 5 year numbers are the best of any Bill ever....

I feel if you dislike Jauron, it tells me everything I need to know to know that you are somebody that I could never be friends with. I love the forum, its for fans... I highly doubt I'm in the minority in thinking very highly of Jauron. Anyone that is not optimistic about the bills right now is just not healthy mentally. Especially if your sole reason for your pathetic wining and child like opinions is because you have some ego problem about Jauron. If you think that there has been enough talent to be in the playoffs, and Jauron has been blowing it, you have a lot to learn about football. Its not college football... I can't think of a single team that has won a superbowl with a guy like JP Losman at QB??? The Bills haters on this board have really really really made it not worth my time to post. Its like a select few Patriot fans get off on posting on our board... WTF? I just don't understand why anyone would be so miserable that they feel that they have nothing better to do than post negative comments on a FAN board... GEEZ people, I'm ashamed of you, I know I'll never find myself sitting next to you at a game, because real fans don't think like that

Real fans can lack confidence in their team or the coach. As one gets a little older and wiser, you tend to get better at assessing things and people. Knowing early when something isn't working well is a tremendous skill to have in life. It allows you to make corrections before it's too late when you're pursuing a goal. In any business (football or otherwise) you have to have the right people making the right decisions in order to succeed. Many of us (based on what we have observered) have determined that Jauron is not the right guy. That doesn't make us bad fans. We might be the most realistic fans of all, and if we didn't care about the Bills, we wouldn't express that. I've been around too long to simply apply blind faith to this coach. Frankly, what I've seen of Jauron both in Buffalo and Chicago (where I live) tells me that he is not capable of leading an NFL team to a win in the playoffs and I'm quite confident in that assessment.

Jauron is a terrible coach...

He hired Turk who had not previous OC experience. What a joke that was....

This team looks like it could be dangerous now with a different coaching staff.

Every great coach in this league, indeed every accomplished professional in any field was at one time an unproven commodity.

Turk Schonert was a capable NFL backup for 8 years, a poor man's version of Frank Reich. He played under Bill Walsh at Stanford. He played and studied under Sam Wyche. He was a quarterbacks coach for 14 years. He had excellent qualifications to be given a shot as an NFL offensive coordinator. How about we give him a second year before judging him?

Also, I really object to criticism of a hire without mention of at least one other person who should have been hired instead. Given the Bills legendary stinginess, who else should we have hired than Turk Schonert?

That.....was.....harsh.

I don't think people should be called "whiny" because of their disapproval of a coach with a losing record. The proof, statistically, is right there in black and white. He sounds like a great guy to call a friend, but most here only know him as coach, so we're basing our feelings towards him on how well of a coach he is, which to date, he has not performed very well. If you're ashamed at the fact we don't tolerate losing very well, then I wouldn't want to sit next to you at a game either.... :flirt:

I'll be interested in hearing your excuse of why the Bills finished under .500 AGAIN.

Like most Jauron apologists, I am quite sure it will not be the "Dicks" fault.

Also, I really object to criticism of a hire without mention of at least one other person who should have been hired instead. Given the Bills legendary stinginess, who else should we have hired than Turk Schonert?

See, that's the problem. Nobody else was even brought in for an interview. How can we answer that question when there are no other options?

As for "stinginess", the Bills have hired well known coordinators before.

I'll be interested in hearing your excuse of why the Bills finished under .500 AGAIN.

Like most Jauron apologists, I am quite sure it will not be the "Dicks" fault.

Do many coaches win with abysmal line play on both sides of the football? Is that not what Jauron has had each year, in Buffalo?

Regarding Dan's post though Cynic, I like to think a good measuring stick of when a Jauron supporter has gone a bit overboard is when even I read their post and think, "Now wait just a second..." :flirt:

There's some good stuff in there Dan, but its unfair to say someone either isn't a Bills fan or doesn't know the game if they disagree. I get the point; the aftermath of this draft should be an optimistic time for Bills fans, and its strange to think that other fans aren't in that spirit, but instead use that energy on pessimism. I take the same optimistic approach to Bills that you do, I can make that out clearly.

But you have to understand that after how many years of failure and disappointment, some fans will look at this thing differently. Being a fan just means different things to different people.

I don't think any top 5 head coach goes 0-6 in his own division...

Jauron is a highly thought of MAN, not HC. Yes he's very organized but he's a deer in the headlights come game day. He'd be an awesome assistant.