Freddy Keiaho About To Re-Sign With Colts

It would have been nice, but I have a feeling the bills are pretty content with the team we have. I doubt we will see many free agent signings, unless a LT comes available, but even then, I think they are content with the tackles we have.

It would have been nice, but I have a feeling the bills are pretty content with the team we have. I doubt we will see many free agent signings, unless a LT comes available, but even then, I think they are content with the tackles we have.

agree 100% if they wanted him, they would have gone after him before draft. that goes for any olb for that matter. probably wont sign anyone till draft picks are signed at this point, and it will be more low/mid tier players.

Ellison will NOT be starting come opening day. It will be one of Digiorgio, Harris or Bowen, or someone picked up in the next 3 months. I think Digi has way more upside than Ellison if he has recovered from his knee injury.

Out of those four guys, I could really see Alvin Bowen having a great camp and ending up as the opening-night starter.

He was getting rave reviews before the injury.

Everything I heard about him was positive before that unfortunate bad luck. On that topic, I have an opportunity once a year to go behind the scenes at Bills training camp to be around the players and talk with them. Last year when I went it just so happened to be about a couple days after Bowen had surgery. I ran into him outside the cafeteria around dinner time along with a trainer, and was really struck by how big and athletic he looked to be just from seeing him in street clothes. He was one of the guys on the team that made your jaw drop when you saw him up close. Just looked like an incredible athlete, possibly more than anyone I talked to or saw last year. Was a very nice, well-spoken guy, too. I'm pulling for the kid to come back strong.

Anybody sure if he fully recovered from his injury?

I mean that is the million dollar question. I was one of the people who also thought he was coming along great. I really had high hopes for him, but you never know about injuries period, especially with young players.

Let's hope though. I know ellison isn't great by any means, and is slightly below average. But he is not as bad as you all think and has not been a top reason why our defense hasn't been very good. He is a bit of a scapegoat, and to be honest, he is a very hardplaying player with good work ethic, which isn't something you can say about everyone.

I mean that is the million dollar question. I was one of the people who also thought he was coming along great. I really had high hopes for him, but you never know about injuries period, especially with young players.

Let's hope though. I know ellison isn't great by any means, and is slightly below average. But he is not as bad as you all think and has not been a top reason why our defense hasn't been very good. He is a bit of a scapegoat, and to be honest, he is a very hardplaying player with good work ethic, which isn't something you can say about everyone.

Lets hope he will full recover and make a pleasant surprise. I do not think the Bills will get any OLB in Free Agency this preseason.....

Freddy just officially re-upped with the Colts.

Per Rotoworld.

Man, I'll be real upset if we have to rely on Ellison or the Torn ACL wonder Bowen to man our OLB spot. With all of the FA options that are out there, I'd love to see the Bills at least ATTEMPT to get better at LB.

Freddy just officially re-upped with the Colts.

Per Rotoworld.

Man, I'll be real upset if we have to rely on Ellison or the Torn ACL wonder Bowen to man our OLB spot. With all of the FA options that are out there, I'd love to see the Bills at least ATTEMPT to get better at LB.

Thing is, I can't see them using Bowen or Harris over Ellison in that spot. When you consider Poz in essentially his 2nd year, McKelvin, and (maybe I'm going out on a limb) Byrd starting at FS, thats a lot of inexperience dropping back into the zone. Ellison has a bit of experience at this point and zone coverage is probably what he does best, so he's gotta be considered the front runner on that basis.

I don't know what that means for our run D. :pirate:

If they've got the salary cap room, and want to assemble the best team possible, and an upgrade is available, I'd think they'd make a run at a few positions, especially OLB. Who knows with this team. I just don't think they'd get too deep into a bidding war with anyone. Are there many F.A.'s out there still that'd be an upgrade for us at either DT or OLB?

bowen really has a rep as a good tackler and a heat seeking missile.

i hope he is good to go and gets at it for us next year. we'd have a stout line, some pass rushers, and some punishing hitters.