Darryl Talley article

Beerball

He's right. A lot of the D-heads in the sport who act like fools and beat their chests about how great they are get in because they made playing a publicity stunt. Talley was a quiet and effective player and because he never made an ass of himself on the field he's getting overlooked. It should be the exact reverse of that but sadly it's not. He sounds whiny but IMO he's not. He just doesn't understand why the quiet and extremely effective players are overlooked. I don't get it either. Like a lot of people say on this board whenever a guy is cut; "I've heard of him" seems to apply to the HOF too.

IMO, Talley doesn't belong in either HOF. It was great to have him on our team during the super bowl years, but I don't think that his college career (or pro) can hold up to names like Troy Aikman, Eric Dickerson, Thurman Thomas, Lawrence Taylor, Art Monk, and.....DICK JAURON?

http://www.ncaafootball.com/index.php?s=&a...hange_well_id=2

Is this one about Chris Mortensen's kid too?? :huh:

Look man, none of us really like beerball either, but really? :thumbsup: Do you have some sort of fetish with him?

He screwed up with the Mortenson thing, we've all done it, it's not the first time he's screwed up and it definitely won't be the last.

The last thing we need around here is more "poster-on-poster crime."

Oh yeah, nice find Beerball, thanks. BTW, I think Talley's great, but not NFL HOF worthy.

He screwed up with the Mortenson thing, we've all done it, it's not the first time he's screwed up and it definitely won't be the last.

You can say that again! :thumbsup:

I don't take Leon seriously, he's got a crush on me...I'm considered quite the catch.

IMO, Talley doesn't belong in either HOF. It was great to have him on our team during the super bowl years, but I don't think that his college career (or pro) can hold up to names like Troy Aikman, Eric Dickerson, Thurman Thomas, Lawrence Taylor, Art Monk, and.....DICK JAURON?

http://www.ncaafootball.com/index.php?s=&a...hange_well_id=2

He may not be the best coach in the world, but very few people in the world can match resumes with Dicky J. Quite simply, he has had a better life than most people. :thumbsup:

I'm not too sure his venting like this help his cause any.

Marino seems to really dislike Talley. I bet it actually goes back to the game they talk about in the article.

I always thought Marino was jsut being tongue-in-cheek with Talley and they are really friendly. I heard someone ask Marino would was the toughtest player he ever played against. He said Talley becuase he was the ugliest. I don't think Marino is that much of a d-bag to say something like that if he wasn't friends with the guy. Could be wrong though.

I'm not too sure his venting like this help his cause any.

Marino seems to really dislike Talley. I bet it actually goes back to the game they talk about in the article.

Marino has always hated him, because talley used to beat up on him in college, and then followed him to the pros and continued beating up on him...

Marino once said the ugliest play he ever saw on the football field was Darryl Talley taking off his helmet

:):lol::lol: I'm at work and almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read this :w00t::w00t:

Really? It was that funny? Hmmm. I think you need to hit a comedy club or something. Maybe listen to a Denis Leary album.

I must have missed it. I mean, I'm obviously in love...I don't understand what the joke is... :huh:

Really? It was that funny? Hmmm. I think you need to hit a comedy club or something. Maybe listen to a Denis Leary album.

I must have missed it. I mean, I'm obviously in love...I don't understand what the joke is... :)

Went to 2nd City in Toronto this past Friday. It was funny too.