Who is this D-Bag and why does Yahoo let him write about sports?

zevo

At the growth rate he showed, I dont think it is going to take is rookie season to get bigger. I dont know what he is taking but his growth rate is ridiculous. I expect him to be at optimal playing weight by the start of the season.

http://blog.pennlive.com/bobflounders/2009...efore_after.jpg

Well, the article on BB.com today has Lavar Arrington talking about him working with Maybin. In there Arrington mentions he helped Shawne Merriman get ready for the NFL. It also says Merriman mentored Maybin. Didn't Merriman have some type of suspension from the NFL...?

The whole LT fixation presumes that the Bills have no one on the team to step in. That Jason Peters is shomehow irreplacable unless you use a 1st round pick. Right or wrong it's obvious the Bills plan to use the players they have at LT. If the run game improves because of Wood-Hangartner-Levitre then some weakness at LT will be mitigated. And don't forget the addition of T.O. and Nelson as targets for Edwards. Not every playoff team has a pro bowler at LT. Heck the Cardinals almost won the Super Bowl with Mike Gandy!

PTR

I'm actually quite convinced that is where the Bills intend to play him. Our best chance for improving our team at this point would be to forget about trading for Henderson and sign Jason Taylor. Would not cost us anything in compensation, and that is what I expect the Bills to try and do. Now whether or not Jason Taylor would sign with the Bills remains to be seen, but that is the best case scenario for the Bills at this point, and why I am convinced they see Maybin as a Cornelius Bennett type play maker at the OLB.

I think if the Bills were looking to draft a starting caliber DE, they do not select Maybin #11 overall, and since taking him at #11 clearly indicates their belief that he is starting caliber, I can only assume they see him playing at OLB. Which is an idea I very much like for the record.

To suggest that the Bills would waste a #11 pick on a guy who only plays on 3rd down is preposterous. But it is a known fact that Maybin isn't going to be able to handle every down duties at DE this year. So you start putting two and two together and you get a sum of OLB.

=]

Wow, man! Are you ever smart! Quick, get on the horn and clue the coaching staff onto your observations!!

Then again, fella, maybe, just maybe they may have thought of all this stuff and they and just about everyone else involved thinks he can in fact play DE because if you take the time to think it out we NEED a DE and only drafted Maybin. Does that give you a clue to the Bills' intentions?? :blink:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-0...o&type=lgns

Worst analysis of the Bills draft i have seen to this point!

IDK, Certainly the most critical e v a l I've seen, but all drafts are 'guilty untill proven innocent'. I, too, think Maybin could be slotted at OLB but our new OL were rated very high by nearly all draft pundits.

Giving the Jests an 'A' with only 3 picks and an inexperienced QB suggests he has favoritism issues.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-0...o&type=lgns

Worst analysis of the Bills draft i have seen to this point!

Everyone has an agenda....

Jason Cole is an award-winning writer who covered the Miami Dolphins for 15 years at The Miami Herald and the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. A member of the Pro Football Writers Association, he also has experience covering the NBA. Jason graduated from Stanford with a degree in communication.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/expertsarchive...thor=Jason+Cole

The whole LT fixation presumes that the Bills have no one on the team to step in. That Jason Peters is shomehow irreplacable unless you use a 1st round pick. Right or wrong it's obvious the Bills plan to use the players they have at LT. If the run game improves because of Wood-Hangartner-Levitre then some weakness at LT will be mitigated. And don't forget the addition of T.O. and Nelson as targets for Edwards. Not every playoff team has a pro bowler at LT. Heck the Cardinals almost won the Super Bowl with Mike Gandy!

PTR

What the Bills said is that they "weren't going to reach". I would bet anything if Andre Smith fell to them at 11 they would have taken him. And Monroe or Jason Smith, too, which wasn't going to happen. Just because they didn't select an LT, didn't at all mean they weren't looking for one. It just means that when their turn was up they liked a lot more guys at other positions more, and there were huge holes to fill in other spots, like the interior of the line and pass rush, etc. Like a lot of other teams, they didn't think Oher was worthy of a top 11-15 pick.

I like the draft, and didn't want them to take Oher at #11 either (although I think like all #1 picks he is hit or miss). And there wasnt an LT prospect left at any other spot where I thought they need to take this guy now. But it's how the draft played out, and who they liked more, not necessarily they they are happy playing Lanston Walker at LT. I would bett anything they're not thrilled with that, but will do it if they don't have anyone else. I do know they are looking into Levi Jones, and probably every other LT that may become available.

If you look at his bio, his analysis is no surprise.

Jason Cole is an award-winning writer who covered the Miami Dolphins for 15 years at The Miami Herald and the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. A member of the Pro Football Writers Association, he also has experience covering the NBA. Jason graduated from Stanford with a degree in communication.

Covering the Dolphins does not = being a Dolphins fan, or at least it shouldn't. Lest we forget that Tim Graham's only NFL beat before joining ESPN was at the Palm Beach Post ...

So, let's see if I've got my scorecard straight, from this thread and a few others here: the Bills beat guys who don't love the draft are stupid and/or know nothing about football, and everyone else is a homer for a different team. Oh yeah, and according to someone in the pinned thread, Graham is now a "Bills hater."

:blink:

That about cover it?