Butler at Tackle

Do you trust him at tackle? or even Walker at LT?

Can't remember,but who played RT last season?

It appears the Bills plan to move Langston Walker to left tackle and slide right guard Brad Butler to right tackle, where he was originally drafted to play. Rookies Eric Wood and Andy Levitre, the second picks in the first and second rounds, respectively, are slated to start at left and right guard with Geoff Hangartner at center. Kirk Chambers, Demetrius Bell, Jonathan Scott and Seth McKinney provide depth at guard and tackle.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/652438.html

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears the Bills plan to move Langston Walker to left tackle and slide right guard Brad Butler to right tackle, where he was originally drafted to play. Rookies Eric Wood and Andy Levitre, the second picks in the first and second rounds, respectively, are slated to start at left and right guard with Geoff Hangartner at center. Kirk Chambers, Demetrius Bell, Jonathan Scott and Seth McKinney provide depth at guard and tackle.

Uhhh....Walker did...

that seemed to be what Jauron was hinting to during his interview yesterday....If this is how it works out then they wont have a single player starting at the same position as last year. Say what you want about how they played last year but that is never a good sign. I do like the Guards they drafted and thats where the running game starts

I am a big optimist with Butler playing tackle. He was our most consistent lineman last year and consistency is key. With an obvious upgrade at center, you will have 3 young guys competing for the guard positions (Levitre, Wood, and Bell) which should provide for some decent competition for PT, which should result in strong play.

With this offensive line (and the addition of Nelson and Owens), I would expect to average at least 1/2 yard more per carry on the ground. I would also expect to see a fair share of "lookout" blocks in the first half of the year while these guys are learning the playbook. Let's just hope Trent stays healthy.

Butler seems undersized to me to play tackle on the right side. However, I will say this.....he was a very good right tackle opposite of Ferguson at UVA. He was very smart, had a mean streak in him, and worked very hard. Outside of that one incident at UVA, he was one of the most respected lineman in the ACC.

I have no idea what that means for our Bills, but I do know he got many accolades in the ACC when he was playing RT.

I think he was primarily a RT, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I know they started Gallery on the right before moving him over to LT, so I figured Walker may have played over at the LT during that time. Or was Gallery playing guard? Hell, I can't remember....I hate the fuggin Raiders.

Did Walker play on the left or the right when he was with the Raiders?
I think he was primarily a RT, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
I know they started Gallery on the right before moving him over to LT, so I figured Walker may have played over at the LT during that time. Or was Gallery playing guard? Hell, I can't remember....I hate the fuggin Raiders.

I think he played RT and RG.

No matter how you look at this - for better or worse - the o-line got a lot meaner over the weekend. Eric Woods sounds like a linemen who likes to punish people and Levitre seems to be like that too. Butler was previously the only guy on the line that played with aggression last year.

I think they will be able to consistantly run the ball this year with that line. I also agree that there will probably be a few of the "lookout" blocks early on as they gel.

Butler seems undersized to me to play tackle on the right side. However, I will say this.....he was a very good right tackle opposite of Ferguson at UVA. He was very smart, had a mean streak in him, and worked very hard. Outside of that one incident at UVA, he was one of the most respected lineman in the ACC.

I have no idea what that means for our Bills, but I do know he got many accolades in the ACC when he was playing RT.

What incident at UVA pls elaborate thanks

No matter how you look at this - for better or worse - the o-line got a lot meaner over the weekend. Eric Woods sounds like a linemen who likes to punish people and Levitre seems to be like that too. Butler was previously the only guy on the line that played with aggression last year.

I think they will be able to consistantly run the ball this year with that line. I also agree that there will probably be a few of the "lookout" blocks early on as they gel.

The Bills appear to want to take on a smash mouth identity. Let's hope this line turns into what the potential suggests it can be.

C'mon man, this has been discussed plenty of times...he stomped out Kiwi during a BC game

Sorry, new to the board. I am sure Kiwi whoever that is, deserved it. Anyway, they were in full pads right, so, no harm, no foul

Butler's natural position is RT. He played there opposite D'Brick at UVa for a number of years and had a reputation for some real nastiness and toughness. He'll be pretty solid at that position and played there as a backup for us on occassion. Walker will play left tackle, and based on his performance there last year he should be pretty good, especially considering our blocking scheme will allow for the RB to chip off to the left side if necessary.