Good draft. Like it or not

at this point, you cant really guess at how you think they might end up playing.

but you can look at how well the FO stuck to a plan and a vision to address their needs. and how well they got the top talents prospected at those needs.

at this point, judging strictly on addressing needs, this has been an excellent draft by the FO. whether any of the players turn into anything is a crapshoot. only time will tell, but hindsight is always 20/20.

at this point, you cant really guess at how you think they might end up playing.

but you can look at how well the FO stuck to a plan and a vision to address their needs. and how well they got the top talents prospected at those needs.

at this point, judging strictly on addressing needs, this has been an excellent draft by the FO. whether any of the players turn into anything is a crapshoot. only time will tell, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Another factor to consider is whether the front office reached for players based on need. I don't see any Donte Whitner-style reaches in this year's draft. And that's a very good thing! :thumbsup:

I feel good saying that at least 1 of the ogs will start this year. If the other does not then once Butler is hurt again (based on history) the the other will play. The FS will start if not now then by the end of the season. Maybin will play at least on third down and the TE was brought in to replace our cut Te Royal. I stll think for better or worse these guys will play. Who on the roster will beat them out in your opinion? These are all areas of need replaced with highly regarded players. The only strech may be the TE.

Let's wait at least a few games before grading this draft. EDIT: :thumbsup: The names are nice. Let's see if they match you with the anticipated talent we've assigned them in the pro game.

Not one of these guys has taken a snap in the NFL, although I'll admit I'm optimistic.

Let's wait at least a few games before grading this draft. EDIT: :P The names are nice. Let's see if they match you with the anticipated talent we've assigned them in the pro game.

Not one of these guys has taken a snap in the NFL, although I'll admit I'm optimistic.

Hey, every Bills fan has GOT to be at least a little bit of an optimist by nature right? :thumbsup:

I beleive that every single person picked in this years draft will either start or play ALOT this season. That has to be the definition of a good draft right?

no

it's the definition of having really bad talent on your team

whenever you have to start 2 rookies on your OL- you have problems

On paper this appears to be the best draft we've had in a long time IMO. I think the Bills really hit the nail on the head (I did want that OT with the first pick but acquiring line help in both the first and second rounds did much to mitigate my concerns there) and even one of the ESPN analysts, when asked which team hit the ball out of the park, answered Buffalo Bills #1. This draft, while not making us into a playoff team yet necessarily (I think with our current roster, if our O line picks can perform close to expectations, we are borderline playoff contenders now), has put us in position to be a real threat if we can make one more big acquisition this off season, which really is the best case scenario I think we could have ever hoped for coming out of the draft.

I couldn't be happier at this point.

This draft is Jerry Sullivan's worst nightmare. You could see it in today's column. He wanted to bash the Bills so bad but couldn't find the right angle, so he went with the "well all their other drafts sucked" approach. Jerry is going to burst a blood vessel trying to coming up something snide or snarky come Monday.

PTR

I think the future of our offensive line is looking pretty bright. However, the amount of new additions, lack of familiarity with one another and constant shuffling around will probably hurt us at least through the first of the season.

My best guess is that we will be doing a lot of max protection with our TE's and RB's to allow our WR's to get open.

I see the run game struggling initially and hopefully we will get it rolling in the second half of the season.

But I am very optimistic for the future of Buffalo's offensive line.

Hey, every Bills fan has GOT to be at least a little bit of an optimist by nature right? :thumbsup:

I placed my signature there for a reason. I'm not a fan of building hype without action in the offseason. At this point, they've got to prove themselves. We'll see in a few months.