Whitest O-Line in NFL

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No to keep the fire going but one reason I believe the Patriots are successful is Bel-a-gurl or watever the f' his name is gets smart, intelligent players. Now considering offense is harder because you have to be smarter fits the bill here. It is easier to teach players who have more of an understanding. To keep it from being racial I would not have a white HB. They just don't have it in them.

No to keep the fire going but one reason I believe the Patriots are successful is Bel-a-gurl or watever the f' his name is gets smart, intelligent players. Now considering offense is harder because you have to be smarter fits the bill here. It is easier to teach players who have more of an understanding. To keep it from being racial I would not have a white HB. They just don't have it in them.

Thats pretty racial,about as racial as saying... I wouldnt have a black qb they just dont have it in them.

saying youre gonna keep it from being racial and directing it at white people doesnt make it not a racial.

actually he forgot Walker and Bell

In all honesty....Walker is the whitest guy on the line!

I agree on the NE principle......it has always been about getting intelligent players with modest to good athletic ability. The synergy of guys understanding where to be and how to think on the fly has been what keeps them on top. It isn't about race, as guys like Troy Brown, Sammy Morris, and Rodney Harrisson are examples of guys who just know where to be.

Trent Edwards has the chance to be every bit as good as a Brady if we go with a similar system. Evans, Reed, Freddy Jackson, Walker, Butler....they have the heads to pull it off. And if I remember....Wolford/Ritcher/Hull/Davis/Ballard may have looked a bit like what we have now.

Butler, Hangartner, Wood, Levitre. WTF? I know Ralph doesnt like Non-White-QBS but JEESH! :thumbsup:

you want white o linemen and Black D linemen.......Black running backs and corners....mulatto safeties...white field goal kickers, white QBs, a mixture at WR...and because Im not prejudiced----either a white or black guy at TE and LB

Patriots are lilly white from left to right.

I read an article in Omni (one great sports mag) a long time ago that talked about how it was really about eye color, not skin color on the best at protection and attacking. It was interesting to say the least. Maybe it was veiled attempt at racism. Maybe the Pats read it too.

Thats pretty racial,about as racial as saying... I wouldnt have a black qb they just dont have it in them.

saying youre gonna keep it from being racial and directing it at white people doesnt make it not a racial.

are you sure?

are you sure?

I'm quite certain it is the stupidest thread on the board, whatever the intentions of the OP. Discussing a player's race is as meaningless a topic as there is.

well--would you draft a black QB? they are doing so well in the league right now. Like the white running backs are.

I'm quite certain it is the stupidest thread on the board, whatever the intentions of the OP. Discussing a player's race is as meaningless a topic as there is.

Merrill Hoge is a close personal friend of mine.

name a black QB you would draft this year

I can't name a QB I would draft, this year, at least not in the early rounds. Of all the QBs available, I might have taken a 5th round flyer on Freeman or Pat White, had they been available. There may be some other QBs who might be worth a late pick, but I don't have them identified, and it wouldn't make any difference what their race was.

If there was a decision to be made between two QBs with roughly equal talent, stats, production and potential, race would never be a criterion I would use to decide between the two.