Whitest O-Line in NFL

I can't name a QB I would draft, this year, at least not in the early rounds. Of all the QBs available, I might have taken a 5th round flyer on Freeman or Pat White, had they been available. There may be some other QBs who might be worth a late pick, but I don't have them identified, and it wouldn't make any difference what their race was.

If there was a decision to be made between two QBs with roughly equal talent, stats, production and potential, race would never be a criterion I would use to decide between the two.

I agree with you RE: your last sentence. But you have to think why the % of successful black QBs in the NFL is so low in comparison to their success at other positions.-I think its a cultural thing of course.. not an inherently racial thing.

Trent Edwards has the chance to be every bit as good as a Brady if we go with a similar system. Evans, Reed, Freddy Jackson, Walker, Butler....they have the heads to pull it off. And if I remember....Wolford/Ritcher/Hull/Davis/Ballard may have looked a bit like what we have now.

Oh please. Brady himself would have no chance of being good under Jauron and co.

I agree with you RE: your last sentence. But you have to think why the % of successful black QBs in the NFL is so low in comparison to their success at other positions.-I think its a cultural thing of course.. not an inherently racial thing.

I would suspect there may be racial aspects involved, too...both physically and with perceptions/biases of coaches at the developmental levels as well as the athletes themselves.

But, do you care if your LB is white or black? Would you judge him not on his game, but on the color of his skin? Who cares if the Bills have white linemen? It offers nothing in the way of understanding the Bills line.

And, before it is asked again, by another poster..."Yes, I am certain". :thumbsup:

I would suspect there may be racial aspects involved, too...both physically and with perceptions/biases of coaches at the developmental levels as well as the athletes themselves.

But, do you care if your LB is white or black? Would you judge him not on his game, but on the color of his skin? Who cares if the Bills have white linemen? It offers nothing in the way of understanding the Bills line.

And, before it is asked again, by another poster..."Yes, I am certain". :thumbsup:

Again I'd agree with your first sentence. But i believe i already covered that when I said it wasn't an inherently racial thing.

Jason Peters is a dolt and I have a feeling we won't miss him. He only believed that he was responsible for the defensive end in front of him and nothing else That isn't necessarily a bad thing as usually he would be lined up against the best. However, he didnt' have the intelligence to understand that the o-line is a unit that must know each others responsibilities on each play. This was clear in the performance of the entire line and by Peter's comments after the games in which he would clear himself of any responsibility of the poor perfomance.

White or black, the o-line isn't a good posiion to have a diva and I'm encouraged to see the Bills stock up on talented smart guys who are nasty, will work hard and be happy to do their job in relative anonymity.

Whitey can still play OL and QB. Just as long as they pick the brothers for the secondary. But they will have to share linebacker.

Now let's talk about renegotiating contracts....

:worthy:

Shouldn't have to worry about any of them renegging.

so much harmony that you keep a tally of players by skin color?

I dont keep a talley but when the bills sign / draft 4 OL that are white then I start seeing a trend...

For some reason, the Pats do it too.. I think were trying to clone the Pats...

Edwards could turn out to be a Brady Type...

Our O-Line can look similar.

We have TO they have Moss.

They have Welker we have Evans, Reed

And the board racism continues. Same folks will be up in arms when Woods contraact is renegotiated 2 years early and Maybins isn't. of course production and attitude don't count only color.

And this prediction is based on what, exactly? Do you have a crystal ball that can predict production and attitude hidden somewhere? Or does your prediction of who will produce and be rewarded for it vrs who will not have some basis you're not mentioning?

well as long as i dont have to hear "ya know the bills have the biggest line in the NFL" ever agian... i dont care if they are purple or green. as long as they are mean and want to hurt people.

I care if they are purple or green. You have to draw the line somewhere. :worthy:

I dont keep a talley but when the bills sign / draft 4 OL that are white then I start seeing a trend...

For some reason, the Pats do it too.. I think were trying to clone the Pats...

Edwards could turn out to be a Brady Type...

Our O-Line can look similar.

We have TO they have Moss.

They have Welker we have Evans, Reed

i think you're ascribe a little too much to skin color.

And the board racism continues. Same folks will be up in arms when Woods contraact is renegotiated 2 years early and Maybins isn't. of course production and attitude don't count only color.

And this prediction is based on what, exactly? Do you have a crystal ball that can predict production and attitude hidden somewhere? Or does your prediction of who will produce and be rewarded for it yrs who will not have some basis you're not mentioning?

VABills Fan has made several of these types of remarks before, most recently in the Jason Peters debates.

When VABills Fan mentions racism it seems that he's actually saying that any perceived difference in the treatment of black and white players by the Bills is totally about attitude and production and not skin color or that he's implying that there is reverse discrimination against whites by liberals or color-blind people.

When someone points out that Aaron Schobel got a new extension with 3 years left on his contract or that Kyle Williams and Brad Butler signed extensions with years left on their contracts and openly wonder why other people like Jason Peters, Freddie Jackson or Angelo Crowell are seemingly treated differently, VABills fan will typically comment, "it's racism." Thus his statement above.

Why? There should NEVER be a PINK ELEPHANT in the room.. Its a VALID Discussion and the Bills OBVIOUSLY targeted WHITE O-Linemen in the last offseason...

more likely they finally targeted OL with some grey matter

smarts on the OL is much more critical than athleticsm that for anyother position due to the need to work together as a unit

just happened they were white