Gosselin's top 100 is out

I believe his highly regarded, highly anticipated mock draft comes out tomorrow. Here's his mock draft from last week:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...t.e3cc4cc9.html

Here's his mock draft disclaimer:

"The first mock is based on my draft board of the top 32 players, the second focuses more on team need and the third is how I see the draft playing out."

His final mocks are considered highly accurate. He interviews every decision maker in the NFL and spends 12 hours per day after March 1st preparing his draft. Interestingly he does no scouting. He bases the mocks on his interviews of scouts, GMs, and others.

Apparently Everette Brown may be had in the 2nd round...

haven't had time to look through it all yet. But this is as close to gospel truth as us non-professionals will get before the actual draft.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...100.7dd05b.html

Yeah, the "reports" are that Brown is dropping big time. Size and the fact that he seems like a one trick pony. That's why I hate the idea of a DE in the 1st. They aren't a special group IMO and you can find a guy in the 2nd who might have just as good of a career.

Ideally, 11 - Andre Smith

28 - Pettigrew

43 - Brown/ Sidbury/ Mack

I believe his highly regarded, highly anticipated mock draft comes out tomorrow. Here's his mock draft from last week:

"The first mock is based on my draft board of the top 32 players, the second focuses more on team need and the third is how I see the draft playing out."

His final mocks are considered highly accurate. He interviews every decision maker in the NFL and spends 12 hours per day after March 1st preparing his draft. Interestingly he does no scouting. He bases the mocks on his interviews of scouts, GMs, and others.

I don't understand the Oher pick for the Eagles. Either they are not as high on Pettigrew as everyone seems to think, or Andy Reid is the ultimate chess player.

Yeah, the "reports" are that Brown is dropping big time. Size and the fact that he seems like a one trick pony. That's why I hate the idea of a DE in the 1st. They aren't a special group IMO and you can find a guy in the 2nd who might have just as good of a career.

28 - Pettigrew

pettigrew will not make it to 28

if the Bills want him, they have to take him at 11

I hope they do and then grab Ayers at 28 (if he's there that is)

pettigrew will not make it to 28

if the Bills want him, they have to take him at 11

I hope they do and then grab Ayers at 28 (if he's there that is)

Ayers is less likely to be there at 28 than Pettigrew IMO.

28 - Pettigrew

Apparently, the big knock on Brown is the FSU D - their pass rushers are one-trick ponies who play in a simplistic "go sic 'em" defense and haven't been coached up. At least what that massive info link in an earlier post about all the positions/players and which quoted numerous scouts suggested.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index...p;thread=333250

"Those FSU guys have been notorious for being one-dimensional because of the way they're coached by (25th-year defensive coordinator) Mickey Andrews," another scout said. "Just go sic 'em. If they get stalemated, they're nullified. Big linemen are going to get their hands on him and it's going to be over."

Apparently, the big knock on Brown is the FSU D - their pass rushers are one-trick ponies who play in a simplistic "go sic 'em" defense and haven't been coached up. At least what that massive info link in an earlier post about all the positions/players and which quoted numerous scouts suggested.

"Those FSU guys have been notorious for being one-dimensional because of the way they're coached by (25th-year defensive coordinator) Mickey Andrews," another scout said. "Just go sic 'em. If they get stalemated, they're nullified. Big linemen are going to get their hands on him and it's going to be over."

Mike Lombardi said something similar about him in his post today. He does have a point.

I've never heard so much over baked thought process in my life, shouldn't draft him because he is a FSU DE??? "all they do is turn em loose"..good maybe they'll draft him and do the same here. On tape Everett Brown looks like a rogue cannon ball.

Yet the prognosticators will ignore the 39 busts USC have sent to the NFL in the past 10 years.

3 quality linebackers from one program...Really..they all have top 20 ability. I don't think so.

He was so awesome in his research he had the Bills taking Devin Thomas last year and went 8 for 31 picks

He was so awesome in his research he had the Bills taking Devin Thomas last year and went 8 for 31 picks

his top 100 draftboard is statistically the best on the web year in and out - Mayock's was extremely good last year as well actually. Gosselin's mock drafts are also typically good... but it's much more useful to see where around people go then who they go to exactly. Even still, 8 out of 31 is probably better than most - which shows you how much mock drafts are worth.

his top 100 draftboard is statistically the best on the web year in and out - Mayock's was extremely good last year as well actually. Gosselin's mock drafts are also typically good... but it's much more useful to see where around people go then who they go to exactly. Even still, 8 out of 31 is probably better than most - which shows you how much mock drafts are worth.

A crap throwing monkey can get 8 out of 31.

It's certainly not a record to sing the praises of.

Mayock kicks his ass because he actually breaks down the tape and evaluates players.

Gosselin just gossips with NFL talking heads and moves his ratings around according to that.

Sorry, it's just a touchy subject with me. :thumbsup: