Eagles G Shawn Andrews on the trading block...

bizell

how funny would it be if we traded the Iggles Jason Peters, then they traded us Shawn Andrews?

anyways...

Source: Eagles Shopping Shawn Andrews

Posted by Mike Florio on April 23, 2009, 12:18 p.m.

OK, now this is getting weird.

Less than two months after signing the brother of guard Shawn Andrews to a big-money free-agent deal and less than a week after trading for his college roommate at Arkansas (Jason Peters) and signing Peters to a big-money deal, the Philadelphia Eagles are dangling Shawn Andrews.

A league source tells us that the Eagles have contacted at least one team about moving the enigmatic Pro Bowl guard.

Shawn Andrews missed most if not all of training camp last year, due to clinical depression. Then, he suffered a back injury in the second week of the season and never returned.

The thinking was that the arrival of Stacy Andrews and Jason Peters would have helped get Shawn Andrews rejuvenated. Recently, it has been speculated that Shawn Andrews now isn’t happy with his own contract, in light of the monster deals paid to his brother and his friend.

Andrews is signed through 2015 at base salaries of $750,000 (2009), $2 million (2010), $2.5 million (2011), $2.75 million (2012), $3.75 million (2013), $5.25 million (2014), and $6.25 million (2015).

Andrews is the most talented and dominant G in the NFL..... with a HUGE red flag.

Injuries and the bout with depression that actually took him out of the league for a short time.

And he clearly wants to get paid top dollar.

I don't see how that could work.

I'd love to have a happy healthy Andrews.. but the money/injury/mental status precludes that I think.

Andrews should demand a new deal. He is one of the best guards in the games and the Egales just gave $100 mil to 2 tackles that gave up 20 sacks between them.

I would love him on this team and be willing to offer a 4th this year and a conditional next year.

Andrews should demand a new deal. He is one of the best guards in the games and the Egales just gave $100 mil to 2 tackles that gave up 20 sacks between them.

I would love him on this team and be willing to offer a 4th this year and a conditional next year.

He should demand a new deal coming off an injury where he missed 14 games? plus the Eagles have 2 young OG's behind him.

Andrews has crazy talent, similar to Peters, but I dont know how smart it would be throwing $50 million at him.

He should demand a new deal coming off an injury where he missed 14 games? plus the Eagles have 2 young OG's behind him.

Andrews has crazy talent, similar to Peters, but I dont know how smart it would be throwing $50 million at him.

As opposed to demanding to be the highest paid LT after sitting out traning camp, coming in out of shape, leading the league in sacks allowed, and then missing 2 games?

Andrews has as good of a chance if not better because he didn't flat out suck last year.

As opposed to demanding to be the highest paid LT after sitting out traning camp, coming in out of shape, leading the league in sacks allowed, and then missing 2 games?

Andrews has as good of a chance if not better because he didn't flat out suck last year.

Andrews DIDNT play last year.

Isn't this the definition of clinical depression?? :thumbsup:

I know but he also didn't suck last year either.

We can say what we want about Peters, he made the probowl. People here would have killed to have Ruben Brown back after he struggled the year he was released.

You dont get rid of talented lineman unless they have depression and back problems like Shawn Andrews.