1st Post-Kirk Chambers

I have been reading this board for about three years now. I have been a die hard Bills fan for 17 years. I appreciate the amount of necessary pessimism you must have to be a Bills fan, although sometimes you get carried away. I also like the dry sense of humor most of you have. Had to throw all that out there. Now to my post. I am not sure why you guys don't believe KIRK CHAMBERS is the reason why we could afford to let Jason Peters go. A lot of you think he gives us good depth at gaurd. However he is cleary starting tackle material. Consistently the highest rushing totals and offensive production came when he was in the starting line-up. There is a reason we signed him to a long term contract after the season. Then we went and traded are overrated LT. I believe it was the Bills plan all along to insert Chambers into the starting Line-Up at one of the tackle positions in 09. He is 6-7 315 and only 29 years old. So in essense we traded an overated undrafted free agent for a 1st, 4th and 6th round pick, with his replacement already on the team. So even the haters should have a hard time with this logic, but im sure u will, so go on and hate! hate! hate! hate!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading this board for about three years now. I have been a die hard Bills fan for 17 years. I appreciate the amount of necessary pessimism you must have to be a Bills fan, although sometimes you get carried away. I also like the dry sense of humor most of you have. Had to throw all that out there. Now to my post. I am not sure why you guys don't believe KIRK CHAMBERS is the reason why we could afford to let Jason Peters go. A lot of you think he gives us good depth at gaurd. However he is cleary starting tackle material. Consistently the highest rushing totals and offensive production came when he was in the starting line-up. There is a reason we signed him to a long term contract after the season. Then we went and traded are overrated LT. I believe it was the Bills plan all along to insert Chambers into the starting Line-Up at one of the tackle positions in 09. He is 6-7 315 and only 29 years old. So in essense we traded an overated undrafted free agent for a 1st, 4th and 6th round pick, with his replacement already on the team. So even the haters should have a hard time with this logic, but im sure u will, so go on and hate! hate! hate! hate!

Well first all of welcome to the board in a posting sense. I just wanted to say that different opinions here is what makes us a diverse group of folks, alot of dry humor is a huge underestatement as well. Kirk deserves a chance to play and I think maybe in the Bills plans in someway, how is yet to be seen.

Please post more often and expect to get some grief but usually a equal amount of understanding when it's due, be patient.

Interesting post. Although someone will inevitably ridicule the premise of your post, you present some very credible arguments.

Even more so, maybe one in one hundred people on this site are actually qualified to evaluate offensive line play. I'm certainly not and I can't think of many people here who I would trust to comment on offensive linemen and line play.

So if Chambers performed well last year, most of us would be the last to really know it. Nothing is harder for a sports fan than trying to evaluate offensive line play. So maybe you're right!

Good post, i agree,.....now where can i find a Kirk Chambers jersey?.....ebay?.....perhaps a factory outlet?

I think that is a great post and I hope you are right. I have had a feeling that we made out well in this trade because our "inner circle" has confidence in bell or chambers stepping up. The earliest I would go for OL is the second round. If we can avoid taking O linemen early and we can fill other holes I will be one happy person.

whether it is bell or chambers who will step up, I honestly believe it will be one of them. I really hope we don't use a 1st round draft pick on a tackle

Amen. I really billieve in Chambers and Bell to be valuable. I hope one of them, if not both of them start this year. SO MUCH POTENTIAL. Screw Oher. I want me some Pettigrew, and a nasty OLB or DE

One point: some of the beat guys are still talking about Chambers starting at LG. Whether that's anything MORE than talk remains to be seen, of course ...

Oh, and welcome aboard. Really, we don't bite.

Often.

:lol:

I BELIEVE IN KIRK CHAMBERS

Buffalo's White Knight?

Even more so, maybe one in one hundred people on this site are actually qualified to evaluate offensive line play. I'm certainly not and I can't think of many people here who I would trust to comment on offensive linemen and line play.

Be sure to take notice when The Doctor of Football talks O-line, its a nice opportunity to learn a thing or two! :lol:

And welcome, Heart Throb. Nice to have an optimist aboard to help keep things in perspective when things go wrong. :)

One point: some of the beat guys are still talking about Chambers starting at LG. Whether that's anything MORE than talk remains to be seen, of course ...

Oh, and welcome aboard. Really, we don't bite.

Often.

:lol:

That, and Brandon's comments about being happy with Bell, when the more logical thing would've been to say he was happy with Chambers, seems to indicate they want him at guard.

Personally, I'd be okay with him starting at tackle if we could get a guard Day 1.

Langston walker is Peters replacement. The line performed very well through the preseason and game 1 with Walker inserted at LT and Chambers at RT. Walker will be as good as peters was IMO.

How long have you been Kirk's wife? :lol:

Chambers recently turned 30. He seems to be a decent backup, but I don't think he should be starting. He was a free agent this offseason, and the Bills re-signed him. I wonder if any other teams were interested in signing him. I don't recall hearing his name linked to any visits/teams.

Chambers recently turned 30. He seems to be a decent backup, but I don't think he should be starting. He was a free agent this offseason, and the Bills re-signed him. I wonder if any other teams were interested in signing him. I don't recall hearing his name linked to any visits/teams.

If I remember correctly, Chambers was re-signed before the free agency period began, and therefore never hit the market and was ineligible to talk to other teams.

Edit: Yeah, here's a Tim Graham report on the signing from before the start of free agency.

If I remember correctly, Chambers was re-signed before the free agency period began, and therefore never hit the market and was ineligible to talk to other teams.

Nope, he signed a few days after FA started.