Just a question about WGR...

sven233

I was unable to hear the morning show this morning. Was the old morning crew on? If so, did they give any indication that they were leaving or that they wouldn't be on tomorrow? I am just wondering if they new they were going to be fired before the show today. If not, like them or hate them, that really isn't good if they thought they were coming to work tomorrow.

I was caught off guard this evening in the car when I hear a promo that Simon and Jeremy were the new morning guys. Can't say I am dissapointed, but it was still a shock. Any information as to how all this went down would be appreciated.

I was unable to hear the morning show this morning.  Was the old morning crew on?  If so, did they give any indication that they were leaving or that they wouldn't be on tomorrow?  I am just wondering if they new they were going to be fired before the show today.  If not, like them or hate them, that really isn't good if they thought they were coming to work tomorrow. 

I was caught off guard this evening in the car when I hear a promo that Simon and Jeremy were the new morning guys.  Can't say I am dissapointed, but it was still a shock.  Any information as to how all this went down would be appreciated.

100510[/snapback]

Yes Puff , Kevin and Bob were on this morning and I had it on from start of program and did not hear any mention.

How ever you stand on Simon coming on board, giving these three people the door in the middle of the week just doesnt seem right, one would have thought they would have been given some notice worked out the week and Simon started next Monday, from the outside looking in it cetainly looks wrong how they did it.

Yes Puff , Kevin and Bob were on this morning and I had it on from start of program and did not hear any mention. 

How ever you stand on Simon coming on board, giving these three people the door in the middle of the week just doesnt seem right, one would have thought they would have been given some notice worked out the week and Simon started next Monday, from the outside looking in it cetainly looks wrong how they did it.

100539[/snapback]

As I recall, WNSA got yanked on a Thursday night - those guys knew it was coming, though. One would hope Entercom at least gave them a decent severance package. Depends on their contracts.

But then again, I guess it's not that much different than a sports team - "we just signed somebody we liked better, we need your playbook back, seeya....." - except for the fact that the athletes make a minimum of 10x what most of the rest of us do.....

As I recall, WNSA got yanked on a Thursday night - those guys knew it was coming, though. One would hope Entercom at least gave them a decent severance package. Depends on their contracts.

But then again, I guess it's not that much different than a sports team - "we just signed somebody we liked better, we need your playbook back, seeya....." - except for the fact that the athletes make a minimum of 10x what most of the rest of us do.....

100551[/snapback]

I get it that many of you are happy that Simon is coming on board and will now move over and start listening to station and its possible this will be better for all in the log run , having said that and given Hammer has said in another thread he had spoken with them and that at no time during broadcasts last week or this week was there a mention of any changes, simply its right to have some feeling for folks who lost there jobs in the middle of the week with no apparent notice who ever they are , because the replacement is someone we like does not make it right......... Hopefully you folks so high on Simon will now start to give the other folks on station a break......

its not them we're having a problem with..its the apparent new moderator BM who wants to tell people what to post and what not to

I've heard that there was no advanced notice, they were called into a meeting after their shift and were told they were being let go.

No Link, was told by someone who knows the parties involved.

100581[/snapback]

That is what I understand..........

I get it that many of you are happy that Simon is coming on board and will now move over and start listening to station and its possible this will be better for all in the log run , having said that and given Hammer has said in another thread he had spoken with them and that and no time during broadcasts last week or this week was there a mention of any changes, simply its right to have some feeling for folks who lost there jobs in the middle of the week with no apparent notice who ever they are , because the replacement is someone we like does not make it right......... Hopefully you folks so high on Simon will now start to give the other folks on station a break......

100559[/snapback]

No, you don't get it. Most of us are LOSING Simon, not gaining him, because we don't live in the WGR broadcast area.

I think most of the people here do have some thoughts for the guys Entercom let go - same as I had for Zig when the NSA hatchet fell, for example, even though I honestly couldn't stand his show most of the time. And for that matter, nobody here's said a word yet today about Neil McManus or any of the Simoncast crew. Hopefully everyone involved at both stations can land on their feet.

No, you don't get it. Most of us are LOSING Simon, not gaining him, because we don't live in the WGR broadcast area.

I think most of the people here do have some thoughts for the guys Entercom let go - same as I had for Zig when the NSA hatchet fell, for example, even though I honestly couldn't stand his show most of the time. And for that matter, nobody here's said a word yet today about Neil McManus or any of the Simoncast crew. Hopefully everyone involved at both stations can land on their feet.

100598[/snapback]

Enough, glad you get it that its unfortunate that three people lost their jobs .

I read an article that said radio people are usually fired with no notice. The bosses don't want the guy badmouthing the station on the air for several days/weeks.

Larry Norton was fired from 97 rock when they changed formats in the late 70s/early 80s. He said they called the entire on-air staff into the lunchroom at 10 AM and told them of the format change then He also heard of a DJ getting fired while he was standing at a urinal.

If only I could've been in the room at the time, just so I could see the look on Bob Gaughan's face. That guy was an obnoxious, annoying tool.

I'm really looking forward to Howard Simon, I just wish they would've gotten rid of that other moron Schopp, and put Howard on at 3:00.

Does anyone know if Howard's new job with WGR will prevent him from doing the post-game show on 97Rock, or are they owned by the same media conglomerate?