• E. Brown
    • Brian Orapko
    • Michael Oher
    • Brandon Pettigrew
    • Cushing or Matthews
    • Tyson Jackson
    • A. Maybin
    • other

I don't see the Bills keeping their picks as is. I feel like there will be a trade up or down. It's hard to speculate who they'll pick at 11 when I just don't see them keeping that pick. If they do, I sure hope it's a speed rusher, and not an OL. Think about this- Peters was drafted in which round? oh yeah, he wasn't. We don't need to waste a #11 on an Offensive Lineman. Let's use it on Ayers, Brown, or Maybin.

One last thing. I'd be all for trading up for Aaron Curry (if any of the top teams are willing to). I think a solid LB is more valuable than a high DE or OT pick.

Ayers was likely until they traded Peters. Don't be surprised if one of the three top OT's slips into the 11 spot and we go for him. If one of the three doesn't make it, we might go for Ayers.

Mayock seems to be really high on Ayers, and I respect his opinion. However, there is a justifiable reason why we shouldn't be interested, mainly his lack of production in the sack department. I just have a hard time believing that he will be a much better sack artist in the pro's than what he was in college. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Regarding O-Line. I'd be really pissed if we drafted Oher, when we could probably most likely have either Eben Britton or Beatty with the #28 pick.

I dont know...the more I think about it the more I see Pettigrew...only thing is I think the Bills try to trade down like 4-5 spots and grab another 3rd round pick and then take Pettigrew...just not sure if Bills are in a good position to trade down with..I cant think of any team that would need pick #11 to get there guy...only other way is to trade up with pick # 28 to grab Pettigrew b4 the Falcons do, but I hate trade ups...course maybe Bills could talk Lions into trading there #20 and a 3rd for Bills #11 so Lions can grab Oher or Smith b4 anyone else does...ok im going to go with this scenario:

Lions trade pick #20 and #82 to Bills for Pick #11 and the Lions pick - Micheal Oher OT

with pick #20 the Bills take Brandon Pettigrew TE and with pick #28 the Bills take Lawrence Sidbury, Jr. (best 4-3 DE left)

per nfl.com:

Analysis

Positives: Solidly built athlete with room for additional mass, especially in his upper body. Long arms. Flashes initial quickness off the snap to pressure the outside. Good lateral quickness to redirect back to the inside if he senses the tackle leaning outside. Good hand placement and use of leverage to bull rush the tackle into the pocket. Can close quickly with an open lane. Good effort in pursuit. Helped himself with a solid week of practice at the East-West Shrine Game.

Negatives: Lacks the height and bulk in his lower body most teams prefer in a defensive end. Marginal strength at the point of attack and can be targeted in the running game. Likes to run around blocks in space, rather than take them on and discard. Lacks explosiveness off the snap and is often late.

Compares To: HUGH DOUGLAS, ex-Philadelphia -- Sidbury could also be compared to Philadelphia's Trent Cole and Denver's Elvis Dumervil. They all might lack the size you look for in a 4-3 defensive end, but all have been able to compensate for that deficiency with their long wing span and explosion off the snap. Some scouts compare him to the Colts' Dwight Freeney, but Sidbury is not that fast or explosive and has shown more consistent leverage as a run defender at this stage in his career. His style of play is similar to that of Douglas, in that he uses leverage and natural power to defeat bigger blockers but can also pick up sacks in bunches with effort.

I voted "Other". I figure it will be Ayers, but of course I have no real idea. This is fun, four days to the draft and NO-ONE knows what they will do, inclding them. Over 20 % who have voted picked "Other".

It is the kind of year when last minute twists will determine the pick, not mater what they say afterwards ("We got our guy").

Other than Aaron Curry (whom I would pick, but won't be there), I don't really care who they pick because nobody knows which one will work out best.

Think about this- Peters was drafted in which round? oh yeah, he wasn't. We don't need to waste a #11 on an Offensive Lineman. Let's use it on Ayers, Brown, or Maybin.

I've got it! Let's draft Pettigrew and let him play tackle, since "molding" players into elite LTs is so easy to do! Better yet, let's just let Roscoe Parrish do it and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Your mentality is all wrong here: the fact that the Bills turned JP into a freakish LT doesn't mean that anybody can be turned into a freakish LT. It means that the Bills turned a TE with freakish physical abilities into a LT.

News flash: we don't have Jason Peters anymore, and we have to replace him, and since our offensive line officially sucks as bad as any in the league right now, we really need to do so with as talented a player as possible.

Pretty amazing how even it is between Pettigrew, Oher, Orapko, Brown, Maybin and probably Ayers. Definitely the board wants a DE, and I definitely believe we need one as well. I'd be happy with either Orapko, Brown or Pettigrew