Swift Boat Founder contradicts on report

You should have gone more slowly.  Let me help.

O'Neill today says he was never in Cambodia.

This directly contradicts what he said to Nixon.

On This Week last Sunday, O'Neill claimed that there is no watery border between Vietnam and Cambodia and so Kerry could not have crossed into Cambodia or been anywhere near it in a Swift Boat.  He now says that there is such a border: "a place called Ha Tien, where the boundary is right along that border."

Right here you can see a map showing the location of Bernique's Creek in Ha Tien.  Scroll down a little further and you see a picture with the following description:

Hm it looks like there is plenty of water along the Cambodian border, doesn't it?  :lol:

O'Neill is now backtracking by saying that when he said "there isn't any watery border" he was only talking about the Mekong River...which runs north through South Vietnam into...uhmmm...Cambodia.  Of course, although he claims his patrol only came within 50 miles of Cambodia on the Mekong, he has no idea what Kerry did on the same river, because he said, and I quote, "I was there two months after him."

8001[/snapback]

OMG you arte too funny...

Do you even read your own posts...

O'Neill said Kerry was not in Cambodia in Christmas 1968 as Kerry had stated in his seared memory... Because he was patroling in the Mekong Delta 40-50 miles away....

Kerry's campaign has already backed away from this "seared memory" of Christmas 1968...

then LATER...."Kerry went, and I went, to a place called Bernique's Creek — that was our nickname for it — at Ha Tien. That was a canal system that ran close to the border, but that wasn't at Christmas for Kerry. That was later for him"

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah.  I love the idea that the government is going to make things better, contrary to all the evidence throughout recorded history.

8036[/snapback]

I'm ready for them to take the reins. I'm really tired of being one of the few who works toward personal accountability. :lol:

I'm curious, sole practitioner, Government, ACLU, teacher, PI, Divorce...etc??

Oh, also, how long have you been practicing?

8041[/snapback]

None of the above. If I told you what I do now it'd be easy for you to guess where I work, given my location. But in response to the latter, six years.

OMG you arte too funny...

Do you even read your own posts...

O'Neill said Kerry was not in Cambodia in Christmas 1968 as Kerry had stated in his seared memory...  Because he was patroling in the Mekong Delta 40-50 miles  away....

Kerry's campaign has already backed away from this "seared memory" of Christmas 1968...

then LATER...."Kerry went, and I went, to a place called Bernique's Creek — that was our nickname for it — at Ha Tien. That was a canal system that ran close to the border, but that wasn't at Christmas for Kerry. That was later for him"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

8048[/snapback]

He doesn't know Kerry was patrolling "40-50 miles away" because, as he said, he wasn't with Kerry at the time. He knows only what he, O'Neill, did two months later. (Those are the kinds of things you can learn by reading my posts. :lol:)

I've waded through it. We just might not have the same ideas about comprehensive. I've quit counting speeches that contradict each other. Just about everyone here knows my focus, that's what I'm basing my presidential thoughts on. To me, without the right moves made towards defense, none of the rest of the stuff matters. It goes way past blowing things up. Look at the effects four guys with a boxcutter can have on the economy.

7820[/snapback]

That is really why I haven't decided yet for sure who I am going to vote for although I obviously side with Kerry on social issues. Defense is a big issue. That story I related from Woodward's book really made me worry about Bush's decision making process. So often people want to boil such issues down to elementary characterizations such as whether so-and-so is "tough". Those are ridiculous simplifications that are more often than not, meaningless. The President is essentially a decision maker. The question is who do I trust to make better decisions, Bush or Kerry?

I figure Kerry is smarter and much less likely to be swayed by others. He will lead rather than be led. Both of those traits can be drawbacks in certain circumstances. People can outsmart themselves, happens all the time. There is a thin line between being overly swayed by others and arrogantly ignoring the opinions of others. Bush is going to stick to a decision come what may and that can be good but it can be lunacy in certain circumstances. If what you are doing is cleary not working, it is crazy not to try a different tack. He listens to others but we elected him to make the decisions, we elected his judgment, not Cheney's. I've seen Bush in a crisis and I wasn't impressed. I haven't seen Kerry in a crisis yet so I can't compare the two.

Defense is a big issue but it isn't the only one. I am not really sure that in terms of terrorism, the outcome of the election is going to be all that critical anyway. Regardless of who wins, they are still going to be doing their best to kill us. Regardless of who wins, we will be doing the best we can to stop them.

And please don't anyone think for a minute that I support either side on this BS issue. Personally, I think all parties involved in this stupid argument should be given a spanking and sent to bed without their supper. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

7805[/snapback]

Pardon me, but for days you ahve been bending over backwards to give credence to the SBVT when they have contradicted themselves repeatedly, been caught in more than one lie, and presented no evidence other than hearsay for their accusations.

Now you're backpedaling and saying you're neutral. Right.

And please don't anyone think for a minute that I support either side on this BS issue.  Personally, I think all parties involved in this stupid argument should be given a spanking and sent to bed without their supper.  No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

7805[/snapback]

Pardon me, but for days you ahve been bending over backwards to give credence to the SBVT when they have contradicted themselves repeatedly, been caught in more than one lie, and presented no evidence other than hearsay for their accusations.

Now you're backpedaling and saying you're neutral. Right.

8166[/snapback]

Yeah. Whatever. Thinking Kerry's stunts are disgusting must mean I support SVBT. Right. :lol:

He doesn't know Kerry was patrolling "40-50 miles away" because, as he said, he wasn't with Kerry at the time.  He knows only what he, O'Neill, did two months later.  (Those are the kinds of things you can learn by reading my posts.  :lol:)

8077[/snapback]

You do realize the Kerry Camp has backed away from his searing memory don't you?

You do realize the Kerry Camp has backed away from his searing memory don't you?

8171[/snapback]

They have backed away from the timing of his searing memory but not from the searing memory itself.

Yeah.  I love the idea that the government is going to make things better, contrary to all the evidence throughout recorded history.

8036[/snapback]

Yes, everything I'll ever be able to do comes from the government! I am helpless without them! The biggest thing government can do to hurt the economy is take more of peoples' hard earned money. But apparently we will receive a lot of help as the Kerry administration would take it away from some and give it to others!

They have backed away from the timing of his searing memory but not from the searing memory itself.

8201[/snapback]

:P:lol::lol::lol::lol::)

"I remember spending Christmas Eve of 1968 five miles across the Cambodian border being shot at by our South Vietnamese allies who were drunk and celebrating Christmas. The absurdity of almost killed by our own allies in a country in which President Nixon claimed there were no American troops was very real. "

Backing away from his searing memory of what??.....

Christmas eve 1968?

Being Shot at by drunk SVA?

Being in a country President Nixon claimed there were no American troops?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...08/12/wus12.xml

What a joke!! :(:D:D Keep drinking the kool-aid

:D