Some reactions from Eagle fans

:blush:

And McNabb was oblivious to overtime rules…These two guys were made to be Albert Haynesworth’s tackling dummies!

HAIL!

And Philly is brutal. For a place called "the city of brotherly love," they sure have a lot of hatred. Unless they meant something else by "brotherly love." :devil:

I was born just outside of Philly and the Eagles were my NFC team but now I'll be laughing to see Haynesworth going after this tub'o'lard!!! :thumbsup:

The Eagles next trade needs to be for a great backup QB.

And Philly is brutal. For a place called "the city of brotherly love," they sure have a lot of hatred. Unless they meant something else by "brotherly love." :devil:

While I'm embarassed to admit it, I'm from Philly, and I hope the fans sour on Peters quickly - if he thought Buffalo was bad, he ain't seen nothing yet....remember, these are the same fans that threw snowballs at Santa Claus!

While I'm embarassed to admit it, I'm from Philly, and I hope the fans sour on Peters quickly - if he thought Buffalo was bad, he ain't seen nothing yet....remember, these are the same fans that threw snowballs at Santa Claus!

They also cheered when Michael Irvin was temporarily paralyzed. I also believe they also made fun of a WR (whose name escapes me) whose infant son died several days before a game. That's class!

There is no way that Peters comes close to finishing up the 6 year deal. By week 10 or 11 of this season, the team and fans will realize they got an overweight, underachieving, lazy LT that has put Donovan McNabb in jeopardy every week by letting him get knocked on his ass over and over. If he doesn't get cut, then Philly fans can look forward to a hold out during the summer of about 2011 when he wants a new contract because he made a block.

They also cheered when Michael Irvin was temporarily paralyzed. I also believe they also made fun of a WR (whose name escapes me) whose infant son died several days before a game. That's class!

The best was a friend from Philly telling me about listening to an Iggles game at home on the radio in 84-85, in Jaworski's final days. Here's his recapitulation of the announcer: "Jaworski back to pass, looking, looking ... [sudden huge roaring cheer from the crowd] ... and he's sacked! [Cheers continue.] He's on the ground, and seems to be taking his time to get up."

Bah whatever. Peters is a good player. The Eagles got themselves a nice LT, and I'm a bit jealous.

I agree. He seems immature, but the Bills have some HOFers who were considered immature early in their careers.

Buffalo hasn't had a decent LT since Wolford. There has been a non-stop parade of bums at that position over the last 16 years. Peters wasn't good as his two All Pro selections, but he's a helluva better option than the current players on the roster, or any rookie drafted to fill the position.

The gamble here is that paying him market value would mature him enough to become a dominating tackle, which would be a huge help in getting the Bills to the playoffs.

Considering the options and the 10 year playoff drought, I wish the Bills 'brain' trust would have taken the gamble, like the Eagles did.

Yeah, but the comments they're responding to are nonsense. As the next few days pass, they'll realize that that 11.5 number was basically snatched out of midair. They haven't been exposed to the ins and outs of Peters yet. As things go along, they'll realize that the important number was the number of sacks the Bills said Peters was responsible for in 2007. One-half of a sack, and that's from the people who knew the blocking calls for each play, so it's the real number.

They'll figure it out, that you get Peters in camp and he's terrific.

Sigh.