My Crystal Ball

I hate to tell you but, your crystal ball is severely damaged.

My crystal ball tells me we'll have the first pick in the 2010 draft for which we'll be drafting a QB with. We'll also have a new head coach and a new GM. This season is a "Hank Bullough" special coming right up.

Nah, 5-11 or 6-10 teams rarely get the #1 pick in the draft. If the Bills are as bad as I fear they'll be this year, hopefully we get a new coach. I doubt it, but we can hope. I'd be surprised/shocked if we're bad enough for Bledsoe to get replaced by Polian, but we can hope.

Nah, 5-11 or 6-10 teams rarely get the #1 pick in the draft. If the Bills are as bad as I fear they'll be this year, hopefully we get a new coach. I doubt it, but we can hope. I'd be surprised/shocked if we're bad enough for Bledsoe to get replaced by Polian, but we can hope.

And you have shared in the Crystal Meth ball.

The power of positive thought I like it Coltrane. To all the pessimist just go get yourself a New England jersey, cap and pacifier your high pitched screatchy whine is just giving me a headache. You obviolusly hate the Bills so just go cheer for a different team. There is plenty of room in Raider nation for you all.

Guest dog14787
The power of positive thought I like it Coltrane. To all the pessimist just go get yourself a New England jersey, cap and pacifier your high pitched screatchy whine is just giving me a headache. You obviolusly hate the Bills so just go cheer for a different team. There is plenty of room in Raider nation for you all.

Predictions are something I'm going to try not to get to carried away with this coming up season. Its not that folks don't want to show some optimism, but everyone is still stinging a little from all of the bold predictions last season, myself included.

I was very discouraged yesterday in light of the Peters trade , but I woke up this morning with a new sense of optimism.

I can see clearly now the rain is gone.

I can see all obstacles in my way.

Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind.

It's gonna be a bright (bright)

bright (bright) sunshiny day.

It's gonna be a bright (bright)

bright (bright) sunshiny day. :rolleyes:

My crystal ball tells me we'll have the first pick in the 2010 draft for which we'll be drafting a QB with. We'll also have a new head coach and a new GM. This season is a "Hank Bullough" special coming right up.

Honestly, this is as unrealistic as the OP. At least the OP has hope.

I have peered into the future with the help of Miss. Cleo and her crystal ball. I have seen the following.

1) The Bills shored up their offensive and defensive lines through the draft.

2) Brandon with bullish offseason moves and a good draft becomes executive of the year in the NFL.

3) The Bills win their first international game in Toronto

4) TO gets 10 touchdowns and allows Lee to garner another 10 giving the Bills their most potent passing attack in 8 Years.

5) Mckelvin, TO, Stroud, Whitner,POZ, Morman, Edwards (as an alternate), and Marshawn make the pro Bowl.

6) The Bills win their first round playoff game against the Titans erasing the Music City Miracle , but lose in round 2 to the Steelers.

7) This year marks the turnaround of our franchise and the beginning of a new era.

8) The bills finally draft a tight end good enough to replace Pete Metzallars as the best Bills TE ever.

You go BOY!!! :P

Do you take brand name prescription drugs or just the generic stuff?

:rolleyes:

Why were you looking at his crystal balls? :flirt:

:w00t: You gotta stay positive man.

:wacko:

You forgot to put new batteries in to the crystal ball again?

Plus that version crystal ball has been recalled because of fantasy defects.

You forgot how to use the size button. Not only on the board but most likely with you significant other.

:w00t::beer:

You have peered into the future with the help of Cleo and her crystal meth.

:lol:

:sick::lol:

Guest dog14787
OP? :rolleyes:

:P

Steely, being a dog and all, I would punch your lights out if you would just stand still long enough,

GRRRRRRRRRR

People have predicted first pick in next year's draft for at least 3 years on this board now... your almost certainly wrong....and being a horrible bills fan in the process.

Being a Bills fan means having absolute certainty that they will go undefeated, win the Super Bowl, stay in Buffalo forever, and live happily ever after. Anything less would just mean being a bad fan.

right?

No. But assuming that they will/should finish absolute last in the league, because they didn't make the moves you thought were right, probably make you a bad fan..or at least not a very smart one.

I understand why some criticize posters who see the team with rose colored glasses. What I don't understand is how those same posters don't also criticize those who see the team through s#it stained goggles.

I'd expect a fan to be slightly optimistic about his/her team...or at least HOPE his/her team would do well.

Steely, being a dog and all, I would punch your lights out if you would just stand still long enough,

GRRRRRRRRRR

Link

No. But assuming that they will/should finish absolute last in the league, because they didn't make the moves you thought were right, probably make you a bad fan..or at least not a very smart one.

I understand why some criticize posters who see the team with rose colored glasses. What I don't understand is how those same posters don't also criticize those who see the team through s#it stained goggles.

I'd expect a fan to be slightly optimistic about his/her team...or at least HOPE his/her team would do well.

What he said!!

Being a Bills fan means having absolute certainty that they will go undefeated, win the Super Bowl, stay in Buffalo forever, and live happily ever after. Anything less would just mean being a bad fan.

right?

:rolleyes::P:w00t::wacko:

Thank you for your support. The last couple of days since the Peter's trade I've kept coming back to that well-known, well worn out and beating a dead horse comment "drinking the koolaid". But there's a good reason why fans use this phrase, because it fits so well. For some fans the Bills can literally do no wrong.

Take the Peters thing. How many fans here would be fine and dandy if their company hired a couple of out-of-house employees and gave them both twice as much as you were making even though you've just established yourself as one of the best in your field (Dockery and Walker)? To top it all off a couple of weeks ago they just gave another player a new contract even though he had a couple of years remaining on his deal (see Stroud). Where was the outrage over Stroud's new contract? Shouldn't he have had to play out his deal like they wanted Peters to do? There's no understanding of why Peters soured over wanting to continue to play for his favorite team growing up?

So here we stand. The Bills were supposed to get a top DE at #11 but now have to use that to plug the hole they basically forced upon themselves. They will no doubt now end up with the fifth or sixth best DE with that #28 pick. A guy that will probably not be ready to make an impact in the league for at least a couple of years. Our offensive line is in shambles, our defensive line will still have Kelsay as a starter. To me, these aren't exactly the best offseason developments for my favorite team.

The reason I see the Bills having a horrible season is because of how poorly they did with the easiest schedule ever in '08. Not winning one AFC East game. Losing to the lowly Browns and 49ers at home. Surprise, this sourpuss predicted a 10-7 season last year because of the schedule. As bad as I thought Dick Jauron was as a head coach, I thought that even he could get this team to a 10 win season. So if I was off three games last year, then starting off at the laughably predictable mark 7-9, it stands to reason that the real record, with this difficult schedule, a lousy coach and a makeshift offensive and defensive line, they'll be more in line with 4-12.

Hey, I hope all of you koolaid drinkers are right and I'm the one who's wrong. I'm just trying to be as objective as I can about the upcoming season.

My crystal ball tells me we'll have the first pick in the 2010 draft

I'm just trying to be as objective as I can about the upcoming season.

Try harder.

Try harder.

I was being facetious Dean. Let me be specific, they'll have four wins and have the third, fourth or fifth pick in the 2010 draft. My guess is that it'll be a QB after Trent plays only about half of the 2009 season due to injury.

It's likely heretical to say it here, but I'd just as soon see them trade down and grab another second or third. There's probably as much value at (e.g.) 15 as there is at 11 when it comes to the quality of OTs.

I really don't mean to turn this into another mock draft thread - there are too many of those. Rather, I'm making this statement in keeping with the theme of perpetual optimism. I've had to take a hiatus from the board since last December because of the negativity; it's sometimes overwhelming.

It's like - okay, Peters is gone. Shut up and get over it, and focus on the positive. Trade down a few spots, pick up another high first-day pick, and enjoy Christmas morning. Think of all the shiny new linebackers, tight ends and offensive linemen you're going to have when you wake up on Draft Day (Note, Bill in NYC, that I didn't say defensive secondary). But to constantly whine about how fuggin' awful the OBD FO is day-and-night.....sheesh. This is your team. Love 'em or leave 'em. Bitching about the fact that Peters is now wearing eagle feathers on his hat is just the epitome of pointlessness.

I can't WAIT for Draft Day!

It's likely heretical to say it here, but I'd just as soon see them trade down and grab another second or third. There's probably as much value at (e.g.) 15 as there is at 11 when it comes to the quality of OTs.

I really don't mean to turn this into another mock draft thread - there are too many of those. Rather, I'm making this statement in keeping with the theme of perpetual optimism. I've had to take a hiatus from the board since last December because of the negativity; it's sometimes overwhelming.

It's like - okay, Peters is gone. Shut up and get over it, and focus on the positive. Trade down a few spots, pick up another high first-day pick, and enjoy Christmas morning. Think of all the shiny new linebackers, tight ends and offensive linemen you're going to have when you wake up on Draft Day (Note, Bill in NYC, that I didn't say defensive secondary). But to constantly whine about how fuggin' awful the OBD FO is day-and-night.....sheesh. This is your team. Love 'em or leave 'em. Bitching about the fact that Peters is now wearing eagle feathers on his hat is just the epitome of pointlessness.

C'mon admit it, you work for the Bills.

I have to admit, Whitey, I'm with you on most of this. I like the 11 spot, and don't think they have to take an OL there, but I'd be fine with a trade down, too, as long as they end up with something in the teens. Actually, I've just really started looking at the draft seriously, and I'd like to see them get as many mid-1st to end-of-2nd round picks as possible. Even more 3rds would be good. The thing I like the least about the Peters trade is them not insisting on at least a 1st and a 3rd as the minimum consideration. Right now they have three...if they could add another one or two, that would be terrific.

You are right, the Peters thing is done. Time to move one. I'm antsy for the draft.