Did anyone here likes the O-line from last season??

SKOOBY

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skoob.....O-lines aren't built overnight, especially in an off season where anyone of real talent is ignored when considering replacements or God forbid, improvements. Draft? O-line's manned by a pair of rookies? Extremely rare to find this a improvement.

No, I stand by my comments. The draft could possibly make our line slightly less painful to watch, but Rome won't be built (re-built?) in a year.......

If 7-9 is Rome, then .500 must be heaven in your world. Miami went from 1-15 to AFC east division champs in one year, it started with a great draft and built from there, so let's draft before we torpedo our chances.

If 7-9 is Rome, then .500 must be heaven in your world. Miami went from 1-15 to AFC east division champs in one year, it started with a great draft and built from there, so let's draft before we torpedo our chances.

Skoob....no one said, nor did I, that we had "Rome". But that should be the goal, and that doesn't happen by "torpedoing" what little has been built.

As for your Miami analogy, when did Parcells join the Bills front office? Point being, the Bills don't have football knowledgeable people running the show. Likelihood of the Bills making great leaps forward this year is very doubtful, and with good reason.

Skoob....no one said, nor did I, that we had "Rome". But that should be the goal, and that doesn't happen by "torpedoing" what little has been built.

As for your Miami analogy, when did Parcells join the Bills front office? Point being, the Bills don't have football knowledgeable people running the show. Likelihood of the Bills making great leaps forward this year is very doubtful, and with good reason.

Like 87' to 88' ? We lost 3 of the last 4 games 2 years in a row (87' / 88') but still finished 12-4 in 1988, try to find another team that did that.

Toronto, Ralph's age, etc., all point to Buffalo having only a few ticks of the clock left before no longer having a NFL football team to cheer for.

The Polian era will forever be Bills only chance at greatness.

The truth hurts. Too bad most Bills fans can't read between the lines.

It's become more fun to pay attention to the off-season than the regular season. At least without the arrests. The only saving grace is having a good team, and right now with UFA all but over, I'm not seeing it either.

Crimany this board is infested with whiners and little negative nancy's.

I know not being a playoff team has been hard but this is getting ridiculous. Look, if you can't do anything but complain about an obviously good move such as cutting Dockery, go root for Philadelphia and boo everybody.

As for the original question, I had real high hopes for the o-line last year and was profoundly disappointed. Peters came in out-of-shape and out-of-sync and his play was poor throughout the year. Quite a regression from the previous years. Fowler was horrible and Dockery was also not good. I thought Butler played decent to decent-good and was pleased with Walker. We paid Walker a lot more than I thought he was worth when we signed him, but he's more than lived up to his contract.

I don't know what to make of our line this year. It's too early to tell. We still have a draft and another round of free agency. It also looks like we're expecting some of our youngsters from previous drafts to step up and deliver such as Bell. Rare is the rookie that comes in and competes at the highest level. It often takes a year or so. It took Peters a couple, it took Moulds a couple, it'll take others a couple.

What we had was clearly not good enough. So we have to look for others who can play better.