Clayton says Bills likely not done dealing

jahnyc

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

then maybe we should run a few of those plays for him <_<

Exactly.....It is not as if Wes Welker is running a fade route down the sideline.....Welker gets the ball in the flat and runs down for 4-5 yards like a RB...and that Moves the CHAINs.....Turk needs to stop thinking that Edwards is the 2nd coming of Jim Kelly.

OK kids......for everyone that thinks anybody who feels that Hardy will not turn out to be a superstar, quality starter, or even a mediocre 10yr receiver, is a jackpot.....and for those that love pulling up Eric Moulds' name when showing the merits of waiting for a Wide Receiver to develop.....here are some stats.

These are the WR's drafted by the Buffalo Bills over the past 20 years:

Player................Round.........Rookie Stats............Best Year of Career Stats

James Hardy 2 8-87-2 ?????

Eric Moulds 1 20-279-2 100-1292-10

Lee Evans 1 48-843-9 82-1292-8

Peerless Price 2 31-393-3 94-1252-9

Josh Reed 2 37-509-2 56-597-1

Don Beebe 3 17-317-2 39-699-4

Russell Copeland 4 13-242-0 42-646-1

Justin Armour 4 26-300-3 37-538-4

Roscoe Parrish 2 15-148-1 35-352-1

Reggie Germany 7 12-203-0 12-203-0

Steve Johnson 7 10-102-2 ??????

And here are the rest...........all who combined for under 100 NFL catches

Bucky Brooks 2

Sam Aiken 4

Avion Black 4

Kevin Knox 6

Fred Coleman 6

Millard Hamilton 6

Freddie Smith 7

Willie Harris 7

Kamil Loud 7

Drew Haddad 7

Brad Lamb 8

Chris Walsh 9

Barry Rose 10

Al Edwards 11

Now......I don't know what anyone else sees....but I see a list where anyone that was capable of cracking a lineup for any period of time contributed at least twice the stats in their rookie year than those of Hardy. Hardy played 14 games and started 3. We see names outplaying him the likes of.....Justin Armour, Reggie Germany, and Russel Copeland.

We see career #3 talent such as Don Beebe, and Josh Reed....the guy supposedly so bad that Hardy was going to take his place in a matter of a few games....CLEARLY outplaying Hardy their first year.

Now....when you look at career numbers, even the guys that had very good output their rookie season, were only able to moderately outpace that production during their best year as a pro, minus Moulds and Price.

On that entire list, the only 2 players you could get a majority here to agree on as quality #1 NFL receivers are Moulds and Evans.

The majority never developed into ANYTHING, let alone a starting WR in the NFL.

Who do you see when you look at this list, then look at James Hardy?

Do you see Eric Moulds?

Or do you see Russell Copeland, Justin Armour, Roscoe Parrish, Reggie Germany?

Or do you see Bucky Brooks?

he would be used as a receiver as wes is used. similar build but parrish actually is faster. leave it up to an administration like the bills to ruin talent

We dont know what to do with a Maserati! So we try to trade him. Parrish could be the Wes Welker of the Bills!

I don't remember him coming in here as "raw". I remember him getting drafted and he was expected to start opposite Evans at some point during the season. The excuses started to come as it became obvious he wasn't going to be anywhere near an impact player. When the front office comes out and tells us they didn't know he only ran set plays in college and never ran adjustment routes.....that is pretty sad when taking a guy 2nd at a position of need. Given Hardy's potential to learn on the fly....I am not expecting much improvement. At best you end up with a role player that has a few tailored plays written for him.

After watching Russell Copeland and James Hardy for the same amount of time in the NFL.....I think my money is safe when I say Copeland is a better player and will end up with better stats. Instead of many here that want to throw out Moulds' name for slow development.....go pull up some tapes of Bucky Brooks and then try to use that arguement with a straight face.

Pyschology is a b!tch. People need to learn how to separate what they want from what the reality of the situation is. The reality is I find it hard to believe you could get a 4th round pick for Hardy from even the neediest of teams. I am salivating to see just how good an off-balanced, poor strength, mediocre hands, foggy headed, molases route running WR develops over time after coming off major knee surgery.

The tenor of this post isn't aimed at you John....but to the 120 teenie-boppers that need to watch a little football and live a little life before they start flinging their dung laden opinions around as absolute facts with added insults.

I try not to look too much at what the team says about players and more about their evaluations coming out of college and comparing it to their on the field play. The team is always going to say great things about every player and they even make mistakes that keeps good players on the bench instead of playing (Greer for instance)

James Hardy was a basketball player turned football player who has excellent size but needed to work on his route running.......he came from a draft class where the top WR's drafted (and were also drafted much later then anticipated) didnt do squat last year. That doesn't mean that he wont improve as a matter of fact there is a good Johnson on the other hand was projected as a WR who was much more polished on his route running and his play reflected that when he started getting his opportunities.

he would be used as a receiver as wes is used. similar build but parrish actually is faster.

No. Welker is a solid 185. Parrish is listed at 171, and I'm not entirely convinced that weight doesn't include his uniform.

No. Welker is a solid 185. Parrish is listed at 171, and I'm not entirely convinced that weight doesn't include his uniform.

Could Roscoe be the lightest player in the league? A strong wind can hold him up at the LOS...

Could Roscoe be the lightest player in the league? A strong wind can hold him up at the LOS...

There are a few other WR/KR types and CBs in the 170s, and Moorman is pretty close, at 172. But a quick scan of the AFC rosters in the 2008 R+F Book doesn't turn up anyone under 171. On to the NFC (because I needed a break from transcribing anyway) ...

The Rams had a scrub CB named Darius Vinnett listed at 170, but I don't remember him on the roster when the Bills played them. That's pretty much it. I admit I'm a little surprised that even the kickers outweigh him.

P.S.: Santana Moss is 5-10, 200, and Randle El is 5-10, 190.