I'm really worried

great year to do this too, with T.O. coming in and looking actually decent. I felt great when we signed T.O., now the signing is going to be a waste because our line won't be able to hold up long enough for TE to throw the ball. I tink I'm gonna get sick, or cry, or both

Right now we have Hangartner, Chambers, Butler, and Walker who started last year. We have to fill the freakin LT and LG with a rookie.

You could have had the same problem without an extra 1st and 4th if Peters decided to holdout until week 10(which could have been a very likely scenario).

Last year our pass protection was damn near excellent with Walker at LT and Chambers at RT. Not to mention, Bell seems to be progressing very well.

Now we've got two 1st round picks, a 2nd, a 3rd, and two 4th rounders. That is some serious ammo that could be used to improve this team. Let's see how we come out with those picks before we get upset.

Also, the conditional next year interests me. You KNOW Peters is going to make the Pro Bowl regardless of how well he plays, so would that pick turn into a 2nd? a 3rd?

Right now we have Hangartner, Chambers, Butler, and Walker who started last year. We have to fill the freakin LT and LG with a rookie.

the line wasnt that great last year either

if Oher somehow makes it to 11 its a no brainer tot ake him

great year to do this too, with T.O. coming in and looking actually decent. I felt great when we signed T.O., now the signing is going to be a waste because our line won't be able to hold up long enough for TE to throw the ball. I tink I'm gonna get sick, or cry, or both

Did you watch Peters play last year at all. Apparently not if you think he so great.

Last year our pass protection was damn near excellent with Walker at LT and Chambers at RT. Not to mention, Bell seems to be progressing very well.

Now we've got two 1st round picks, a 2nd, a 3rd, and two 4th rounders. That is some serious ammo that could be used to improve this team. Let's see how we come out with those picks before we get upset.

Also, the conditional next year interests me. You KNOW Peters is going to make the Pro Bowl regardless of how well he plays, so would that pick turn into a 2nd? a 3rd?

I'm pretty sure, but don't quote me, that if Peters makes the Pro Bowl then its a 1st. Not sure of much else though.

LT: Bell / Chambers

LG: McKinney

C: Hangartner

RG: Butler

RT: Walker

I'm not overly concerned

I'm sure we will upgrade it with Simmons or someone in the draft

I hope we add a couple more pieces (namely Alex Mack), but I'm glad you put Bell into the equation. From everything we've read, the FO is really high on Bell and believe he has a similar skill set to Peters in terms of raw physical ability. He's only been a football player for a couple years though, so he's really unpolished. They should get McNally out of retirement and try to work Bell into what he did for Peters.

And just to throw it out there, Peters always was average at best at run blocking. We got a good deal.

I'm pretty sure, but don't quote me, that if Peters makes the Pro Bowl then its a 1st. Not sure of much else though.

I think I read the conditional may not be hammered out yet, but if it turns into any pick in the first 3 rounds then we pretty much raped them, IMO. But we'll see.

Why would you worry? Peters was an average tackle last year and for all any of us knows, might have been a one-year wonder.

But more importantly, his "I'm the best" attitude was an embarrassment. Not showing up for camp while under contract for 3 more years? Unacceptable. Bye.

Our line has sucked for the past 5-6 seasons. Whomever they put in at LT cannot play any worse than Peters did last season. You don't win games on a players potential or what they did for one season of their career. It can only go up from here, but it has been that way since about 1993 or 1994 around here.

LT: Bell / Chambers

LG: McKinney

RT: Walker

I'm not overly concerned

I'm sure we will upgrade it with Simmons or someone in the draft

More like:

LT: Walker

LG: McKinney / Bell / Rookie