Banning of dodgeball

BuffaloBill

Like you, i was small through most of high school since i hit my growth spurt late. But, dodgeball, smear the queer gave you a change to fight for your place. Taking your lumps and getting up earned respect with the bigger/older kids.

Yes it did. But I think having your mother whine to the school board that 'tag' is dangerous because she doesn't want her little wimp to get hurt or feel 'left out' earns you just as much respect from other kids.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2004, I assisted a small, private middle school in New Hampshire incorporate a semester where the theme of the curriculum coupled Vagina Monologue discussion groups with egalitarian physical fitness programs. Sports that promote male domination were abolished, replaced instead by expressions of nonjudgmental body awareness that allow students to be comfortable celebrating their fitness diversity.

In 2004, I assisted a small, private middle school in New Hampshire incorporate a semester where the theme of the curriculum coupled Vagina Monologue discussion groups with egalitarian physical fitness programs. Sports that promote male domination were abolished, replaced instead by expressions of nonjudgmental body awareness that allow students to be comfortable celebrating their fitness diversity.

Would you be in favor of gentle competition that featured participants stacking and unstacking plastic cups as quickly as possible?

As you all know by now, in place of conventional sports that encourage score-keeping conquest, I have been actively campaigning for healthy, positive alternatives. One idea that has been catching on is skipping, which is now being used in the Boys School of East Monmouth in place of whiffle ball.

Check out how much fun it can be for all ages! http://www.iskip.com/

As you all know by now, in place of conventional sports that encourage score-keeping conquest, I have been actively campaigning for healthy, positive alternatives. One idea that has been catching on is skipping, which is now being used in the Boys School of East Monmouth in place of whiffle ball.

Check out how much fun it can be for all ages! http://www.iskip.com/

That's cool! We could use it to update smear the queer. The ball carrier MUST skip.

yeah right...you were probably like that girl in that youtube link I provided. :thumbsup:

Well, I was at first then I got tired of them calling me names. Since I knew I couldn't throw as hard as them I got back at them the only way I could. By getting them out by catching the ball! :thumbsup::lol:

Edited by LanaK6

Well, I was at first then I got tired of them calling me names. Since I knew I couldn't throw as hard as them I got back at them the only way I could. By getting them out! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I sucked worse than a grade school girl at catching as well .......... just sad. You would have kicked my ass if we let the girls play with us back then. On top of everything else, I was always picked last and always was a "skin". Oh yeah .... I couldn't climb the rope , so I would try to sneak to the back of the line. Never worked ..... I just hung there ... ashamed.

I hate you all.

I sucked worse than a grade school girl at catching as well .......... just sad. You would have kicked my ass if we let the girls play with us back then. On top of everything else, I was always picked last and always was a "skin". Oh yeah .... I couldn't climb the rope , so I would try to sneak to the back of the line. Never worked ..... I just hung there ... ashamed.

I hate you all.

:worthy:

I hate you all.

I was a scrawny geeky type too. But at least I could play dodgeball, climb the rope, and do a chin up.

I could have kicked your a$$ and taken your lunch money :worthy:

I hate you all.

Is that you Susan Doyle?

My gym class used volleyballs, and we called it 'slaughterball' instead of dodgeball. Built character.

Guessing they've probably at least changed the name since then ...

this must have been a southern tier thing. My dodgeball career sucked because I spent most of each match trying to find the right volleyball with the right amount of surface wear so I could work with it.

I've targeted kids and have been targeted, so I know both ends of the debate, and I would say the real problem has been with the supervision, not the game.