Obama easing certain restrictions on Cuba

It's about time. Maybe if we hadn't provoked them over the years with the foolish embargo we would have had an ally. Since the cold war ended there is no justification for the Cuban boycott. Time to mend fences. Besides, maybe we could learn a few things from them about healthcare and education.

It's about time. Maybe if we hadn't provoked them over the years with the foolish embargo we would have had an ally. Since the cold war ended there is no justification for the Cuban boycott. Time to mend fences. Besides, maybe we could learn a few things from them about healthcare and education.

Aren't your posts and your avatar redundant?

It's about time. Maybe if we hadn't provoked them over the years with the foolish embargo we would have had an ally.

Buffonery. Castro's entire power base, and the reason his terrible economy was propped up by the Russians all those years(but has gotten much worse since they stopped paying), has all been predicated on being our "enemy". There is a 0% chance that they will ever be our ally until the retarded communists are removed once and for all, because they make too much money as our "enemy".

Since the cold war ended there is no justification for the Cuban boycott.

Yes, and there has been no justification to remove it either. Besides, the first damn Canadian you run into tells you how cool they are because they can go to Cuba and you can't, so it's not like they don't get tourists. And, that's the point. What do we get if we open up relations...besides another massive influx of uneducated workers? New places to go and spend our money? We already have that. So, again, what do we get vs. what do they get?

Time to mend fences.

Sure, just as soon as they pay off all the people/companies, most of whom are still alive, that they stole from.

Besides, maybe we could learn a few things from them about healthcare and education.

We can learn exactly NOTHING about either, other than how to suck on a grand scale, how to fix tests on a grand scale, how to completely fail to teach people technology, and how to way, way, WAY, overpay for training doctors.

EDIT: I almost forgot, perhaps they can teach us the "everybody gets a new pot" economic stimulus plan they ran a couple of years ago. Hey, it's practical, and at least we might actually get something useful out of all this government spending.

We can learn exactly NOTHING about either, other than how to suck on a grand scale, how to fix tests on a grand scale, how to completely fail to teach people technology, and how to way, way, WAY, overpay for training doctors.

but...but...but...Michael Moore said Cuba has better healthcare than the US!!! :devil:

but...but...but...Michael Moore said Cuba has better healthcare than the US!!! :devil:

The fact is that Cuba trains the hell out of doctors and it trains a lot of them. There's no denying that.

But, in typical Michael Moore "sin of omission" fashion, he leaves out that the cost of doing so consumes almost all of their health care budget, leaving out the little things like equipment, meds, beds, physical plants, modern buildings, y'know, the unimportant stuff.

And, in typical Communist fashion, who needs all the facts when you can focus on one out of ten to make your point, and then go around casting aspersions on people who dare to point out the whole truth?

Classic. Micheal Moore in the flesh. I will fill in the rest of the facts, it will be just like Madlibs.

In Cuba everyone has a job,

with an average pay approaching a whopping $20 a month. God, if only we could aspire to make that much a month, all our problems would be solved. :devil:

a place to live,

Yes let's all live here. This is much better than the last 3 penthouse apartments I have lived in. <_< And who wouldn't want that snazzy car to go along with your sh!thole apartment.

and access to free healthcare

That costs 30% of GNP, leaving nothing left for things like food, clothes, medicine, equipment, etc. On it's face, they simply don't have the $$$ to support their healthcare program, unless they burglarize it from other areas, which they do of course. But, this allows them to say: see, we have good free PREVENTATIVE health care...just don't get hepatitis or anything else that requires mostly meds, not surgery, to fix.

and medication.

Buffoonery. They don't have vaccines, they don't have antibiotics, they don't have friggin aspirin, because they can't afford to buy it on the open market...because they spent all their $$$ training and providing for docs.

I know America can't come close to saying that.

Buffoonery. We eat crap food, smoke too much, drink too much, don't work manual labor jobs...Cuba does the exact opposite, but we have an equal life expectancy. We are crushing ourselves health wise, they are like Jack La fing lane, because they are in poverty and are largely only fit for manual labor, yet we live the same amount of time. There is only one reason that makes that possible: our health care system runs circles around everyone else's, combined.

Our health care problems: people die because we give them too many meds because we are giving out so much care that we can't even track all the data properly

Their health care problems: people die because they don't get the meds in the first place.

There's no comparison. Our problems come from excess of resources and care, theirs come from misappropriation of resources they don't even really have without stealing them from other parts of the economy.

Much like anything else in America, We've been able to get those stogies for quite some time here.

I look forward to the country of Cuba voting in our next election for President of America. Go obama. :devil:

Exactly. The Democrats just won the vote of every Cuban in Florida, legal or illegal. The same thing here in CA. Give illegal Mexicans a free pass and work visa and free health care, get their vote. It's really quite genius.

In Cuba everyone has a job, a place to live, and access to free healthcare and medication. I know America can't come close to saying that.

eeek.. i mean i'm all about this embargo being dropped... but that statement is just a stretch. statistics or not, i dont think anyone would say they have a better quality of life.

eeek.. i mean i'm all about this embargo being dropped... but that statement is just a stretch. statistics or not, i dont think anyone would say they have a better quality of life.

So Obama's offer of all of those things will not bring you a better life? Now you're coming around. :lol:

Yeah it is about time. How can you act one way towards China and then act harsh towards Cuba based on a small group of old school Bautista fans in Little Havana Florida?

Turn the page.