Can Jon Runyan play guard?

Jon Runyan is a free agent that the Bills front office should target IMO. Yes he is old and is coming off Micro Fracture surgery, but I think a move inside to guard might prolong his career. Also he would likely come cheap.

He is one of the best drive blockers around, he is a big ol mack truck when he gets his hands on you he usually moves you back. I attached a 2008 haloween article from espn.com that talked about players worse nightmares.

Tennessee Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan is regarded as a fearless player, aggressive in coverage and against the run. Ask him about a nightmare scenario, and it doesn't take him long to come up with one involving a notorious Philadelphia Eagles tandem.

"A screen with Jon Runyan with [brian] Westbrook behind him," he said. "One-on-one with Runyan with Westbrook behind him for a touchdown. Oh my goodness. I know I am going to have to go through him if it's for a touchdown. I'm just thinking about what body part I am going to use that could be injured. Shoulder? Neck? Back? Those three things I would be highly worried about with Runyan.

"I think if you go low on Runyan, he may drop the knee somewhere. So I think you have to stay high and just let him baptize you. That's probably what I would do. You know when you go backwards and your head hits first and you wake up as if somebody baptized you or blessed you? I think that would be Runyan right there, all day, every day."

Philadelphia's Runyan, the only active player in the league who suited up for the Houston Oilers, is in his 13th season. Finnegan has played against the Eagles only once, his rookie season in 2006, and encountered Runyan just once in that game.

"He plays the game at a high level, he's a nasty player," Finnegan said of the 6-7, 330-pound Runyan. "He got his hands on me when we played Philly and he threw me about 25 yards away from the play, and the play wasn't even around me. So I just know if he got his hands on me and he was the lead blocker on a screen that it could be detrimental to my health."

Espn Fear Factor

Jon Runyan is a free agent that the Bills front office should target IMO. Yes he is old and is coming off Micro Fracture surgery, but I think a move inside to guard might prolong his career. Also he would likely come cheap.

He is one of the best drive blockers around, he is a big ol mack truck when he gets his hands on you he usually moves you back. I attached a 2008 haloween article from espn.com that talked about players worse nightmares.

Espn Fear Factor

yeah, if he had knees. If I recall correctly a couple of years back there was some interest but he wanted no part of it. He's fiercely loyal to Philly. Something to do with the wife and kids, he didn't want to uproot them.

yeah, if he had knees. If I recall correctly a couple of years back there was some interest but he wanted no part of it. He's fiercely loyal to Philly. Something to do with the wife and kids, he didn't want to uproot them.

Hes a FA. If he doesnt go somewhere hes going to have to retire then. I dont think Philly wants him back.

Do you think he plays this season Tipster, or is he done?

He's a Free Agent, he didn't retire. If he felt he was done, he'd have retired by now. He'll want to go to a team close to Philly, though, so that rules out teams like Jacksonville, KC, and Oakland. The Eagles are going to move up to get an O-Line player (see: Runyan, Tra Thomas, Shawn Andrews injury) or RB.

They might as well throw Runyan into the deal for our #11 or Peters. For Peters, we want Runyan, their #21 and #28, and we'll give them a swap of 4ths. :devil:

Do you think he plays this season Tipster, or is he done?

I shouldn't have said anything because I'm no expert. It's your thread and I shouldn't have undermined it. I do applaud the suggestion but I also think that Runyan might be done or at least should be. If I'm not mistaken his medical clearance is still pending and that I think is why the Eagles and Runyan haven't decided his future. Even if he is cleared to play I wouldn't expect him to be the Runyan of old, not even close. We can and will do better IMO.

He's a Free Agent, he didn't retire. If he felt he was done, he'd have retired by now. He'll want to go to a team close to Philly, though, so that rules out teams like Jacksonville, KC, and Oakland. The Eagles are going to move up to get an O-Line player (see: Runyan, Tra Thomas, Shawn Andrews injury) or RB.

They might as well throw Runyan into the deal for our #11 or Peters. For Peters, we want Runyan, their #21 and #28, and we'll give them a swap of 4ths. :devil:

If he is a free agent Philadelphia has no option to trade him otherwise we could trade Losman for him and make out in deal.

Espn Fear Factor

Here's a little something for you JuanGuzman on Runyan. it's quick and towards the bottom of the article but Philly is definitely keeping an eye on Runyan's progress. Hmm, that's interesting. There is also some other Eagles' blurps from today's article. GM Tom Heckert came right out and said that he thinks that the Eagles can move into the top 10 without giving up both first-round picks. I wonder why he thinks that.

GM Tom Heckert came right out and said that he thinks that the Eagles can move into the top 10 without giving up both first-round picks. I wonder why he thinks that.

Because several teams are trying to trade out of the top ten? Because several scouts feel the real value this year is the middle of the first round instead of the top? Because he has never spoken to the Bills about the 11th pick? B-)

They might as well throw Runyan into the deal for our #11 or Peters. For Peters, we want Runyan, their #21 and #28, and we'll give them a swap of 4ths. B-)

I think you were being sarcastic, but how exactly do you include a free agent in a trade?