Whitner "vows to file a lawsuit" over arrest/tasering.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/11/...-over-tasering/

We'll see how it all shakes out. Who knows how it all went down. Maybe Whitner was misbehaving, maybe the cops were a little over-zealous. But this leads me to believe he may have been wronged by the police in terms of them being perhaps a little too authoritative, for lack of a better word.

I'm just speculating, but I think this was a one-time screw up that'll blow over quickly.

We'll see how it all shakes out. Who knows how it all went down. Maybe Whitner was misbehaving, maybe the cops were a little over-zealous. But this leads me to believe he may have been wronged by the police in terms of them being perhaps a little too authoritative, for lack of a better word.

I'm just speculating, but I think this was a one-time screw up that'll blow over quickly.

Good thing he didn't pull out his gun "thinking it was his tazer"

I hope this issue just goes away. I wouldn't hold my breath on that lawsuit either. It's standard practice to say that to the media as you walk out of the jail. Be prepared for the "I can't comment on that right now" routine. This will spark the TSW gumshoes to fawn all over the three articles written about the subject, and act as though they know every detail of the night. VOR will humiliate himself again, and others will take the bait and battle him. No more information will come out and the lawsuit talk will just go away. Three weeks into the season this issue will be overshadowed by the constant debate on whether or not Dante is a bust.

I hope this issue just goes away. I wouldn't hold my breath on that lawsuit either. It's standard practice to say that to the media as you walk out of the jail. Be prepared for the "I can't comment on that right now" routine. This will spark the TSW gumshoes to fawn all over the three articles written about the subject, and act as though they know every detail of the night. VOR will humiliate himself again, and others will take the bait and battle him. No more information will come out and the lawsuit talk will just go away. Three weeks into the season this issue will be overshadowed by the constant debate on whether or not Dante is a bust.

:flirt: . I couldn't even begin to approach you. I don't know how much more simplistic anyone could have portrayed themselves to be. Oh and your avatar speaks volumes.

What I don't understand though is Whitner's official statement through his agent:

In a statement, Whitner said, “I regret the incident that occurred last evening. It’s not how I wish to conduct myself. And, I apologize to all those involved.”

Link: http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/buff...ory/637473.html

Doesn't sound like a guy who is going to sue.

What I don't understand though is Whitner's official statement through his agent:

In a statement, Whitner said, “I regret the incident that occurred last evening. It’s not how I wish to conduct myself. And, I apologize to all those involved.”

Link: http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/buff...ory/637473.html

Doesn't sound like a guy who is going to sue.

Yeah. It's hard to know without hearing it directly from his mouth, but he could just be a guy who's a little scared, in shock and said something out of fear/anger and it was taken out of context.

Yeah. It's hard to know without hearing it directly from his mouth, but he could just be a guy who's a little scared, in shock and said something out of fear/anger and it was taken out of context.

Or he could be sorry for the incident yet still feel it was unnecessary to be tasered. I'm not sure it really has to be a "one or the other" situation.

This lawsuit is most likely an attempt to deter the Police Department from filing charges.

That's what I thought initially. But you'd think that he'd do this discreetly through his lawyer, and not make it public. It will be interesting to see if he goes through with the lawsuit, if charges are dropped.

That's what I thought initially. But you'd think that he'd do this discreetly through his lawyer, and not make it public. It will be interesting to see if he goes through with the lawsuit, if charges are dropped.

Agreed. I think if no charges get filed, he won't sue and it'll all blow over.

It could backfire, now that Donte has made it very public, I wouldn't be surprised to see the PD press charges some time soon. I'm sure, even as we speak, they are looking to gather as much information as possible to see if Donte was in the wrong. As soon as they do, my guess is that they will go through with it.