Kerry to concede per ABC News

nm

99340[/snapback]

Any sense of relief and glee I might feel at that is strictly because it means the process won't be dragged out until January. Fundamentally, we still have an idiot in the White House...not that Kerry would have changed that at all...

Whatever else anyone might say about Kerry, a timely and honest concession by him does a great service to the country, in that it goes a long way towards rehabilitating people's faith in the electoral process that was shaken in 2000.

Any sense of relief and glee I might feel at that is strictly because it means the process won't be dragged out until January.  Fundamentally, we still have an idiot in the White House...not that Kerry would have changed that at all... 

Whatever else anyone might say about Kerry, a timely and honest concession by him does a great service to the country, in that it goes a long way towards rehabilitating people's faith in the electoral process that was shaken in 2000.

99354[/snapback]

Amen. We need to move forward, and Kerry will need to participate in that early and often.

Per Imus this morning: Perhaps Bush will appoint Kerry as the Ambassador to France. :D

99376[/snapback]

i actually put a tape in for Imus on MSNBC this morning. I only caught a few minutes this morning and although he voted for Kerry his show was VERY Entertaining this morning....

particularly the guy next to Buchanan who said, "this just in....the Bruce Springsteen concert scheduled for Jan. 15th on the south lawn of the White House has offically been canceled."

Lets not go too far overboard...  In reality he has very limited options here...

That being said... ATTABOY JOHN!

99404[/snapback]

True, but he also could have dragged this out several days and waited for all of the provisional and absentee ballots to be counted. Instead, he saw the writing on the wall and put an end to it.

True,  but he also could have dragged this out several days and waited for all of the provisional and absentee ballots to be counted.  Instead,  he saw the writing on the wall and put an end to it.

99433[/snapback]

Yes... In truth he had no real options... he lost and everyone with a brain knows it....

Even the libs on this board haven't suggested a useless prolonged fight..

Classy move by John Kerry.

In the end, I feel a little sorry for him. The John Kerry I saw in the late 1990's always impressed me as a man who might be the Dem candidate. When it came to fruition he was a mere shadow of that man I saw. Howard Dean and the Deaniacs forced Kerry into taking positions that were inconsistent with his past and some that I don't even think he believed in -- then they didn't show up and vote for him in large enough numbers (based on youth vote returns). The Micheal Moore wing of the Dem party forced him to take criticisms of Bush too far in the minds of the middle and helped energize Repubs. The Clinton holdovers forced him to pull foolish stunts to be a man of the people (e.g., hunting, windsurfing, Bon Jovi, Bruce). The Shrum wing led him into the "reporting for duty" speech and opened him up to the attacks from the Swifties. The Gore-was-robbed crew demanded anger at and disrespect for Bush. Terayyza couldn't keep her mouth shut. Edwards was AWOL.

If the Dems want to point blame at anyone, each one of them needs simply to look in the mirror. Every criticism that can be launched at Kerry is a reflection from within a bitter and fragmented party. Kerry's failure is that in the end he did not have the leadership to unite the fragments behind him rather than against Bush. As such it is a good thing he is not President at this point in history.

By conceding in such a classy way, Kerry has finally provided leadership in setting a new tone for the Dem party going forward.

Perhaps Carville committed suicide or got the Arkansas State Trooper treatment?

99359[/snapback]

Actually, Carville has been fairly civil towards Bush . That other anayst on CNN, Paul Begala probably was beside himself this morning. He was unrelenting in his negativity towards Bush. He was completely convinced the exit polls were dead on and was joyfully declaring a Kerry win for days.

Actually, Carville has been fairly civil towards Bush . That other anayst on CNN, Paul Begala probably was beside himself this morning. He was unrelenting in his negativity towards Bush. He was completely convinced the exit polls were dead on and was joyfully declaring a Kerry win for days.

99554[/snapback]

While I don't personally care for Carville, the guy knows his stuff.

Begala's a twit.