Mike & Mike comments

Mike and Mike this morning discussed T.O.s comments when he showed up to the volentary workouts. TO said that "I'm not the only guy to not show up to these things yet Im the only one the media picks at" (not an exact quote). Mike Greenberg said it rubbed him the wrong way because TO has spent so much time in his carreer seeking attention that he has no right to complain when he gets it.

My complaint with Greenberg is twofold.

1. Why didnt you play the next sentance out of TOs mouth after the clip you played because he then said "but I understand it"!!! PLAY THE WHOLE CLIP ITS 2 FREAKING MINUTES!

and 2. If your argument is that ESPN given TO this much attention for not showing up to volentary workouts because he has drawn so much attention to himself then where are the NFL Live discussions on Chad Johnson not showing to workouts? Where is the Mike and Mike talk about Chad Johnson not comming to volentary camp? Where are the endless ESPN.com articles on Ocho Cinco? The only mention he gets is "do we think he will be traded?" Why isnt he a cancer, a terrible teammate?

And what freaking award for charitable work did Ocho win that caused him to miss some of camp?

There is no doubt that given the opportunity, the mainstream media, with good reason will always take the negative slant on TO. It is what it is...he has earned it in many, many ways.

However, the fact the guy came in for voluntary workouts -- even for a few of them -- shows me he is at least making an effort to change a bit. I honestly think Buffalo may be a perfect place to spend 3 or 4 years and call it a career. He doesn't need anymore exposure -- he spits and the media is there to cover it--and if he can be part of a winner -- it will be a story like his come back from the dead Super Bowl with the Eagles.

who would've ever of thought that Bills fans would be defending T.O?

For the most part we defend our players. I love the extra attention. People saying it's desperation, T.O. is going to crush Edwards, etc. I hope that T.O. has a great season and that Edwards and Evans are right there with him. Just a big slap in the face of ESPN. F' em.

A. Mike Greenberg is an overrated douchebag. The show is way better when Eric Kasilis (sp?) sits in for him. If I wanted to listen to a little B word whine for 4 hours I would kick my sister in the face.

B. ESPN has made a living off covering T.O.s every move. They have a symbiotic relationship.

A. Mike Greenberg is an overrated douchebag. The show is way better when Eric Kasilis (sp?) sits in for him. If I wanted to listen to a little B word whine for 4 hours I would kick my sister in the face.

B. ESPN has made a living off covering T.O.s every move. They have a symbiotic relationship.

:(

This is why, if Dick Jauron was smart, he would tell TO to opt out of answering too many media questions. Hide TO away or else the media will find a way to generate some sort of controversy. Pull a Marshawn media ban, or just say "no comment". It's not just ESPN who is after Owens, it's PFT, Yahoo Sports, and anyone who can get their hands on "new material".

This is why, if Dick Jauron was smart, he would tell TO to opt out of answering too many media questions.

Yeah, and if Jauron had TO do that, the media would still go crazy. "TO sulks and refuses to talk to the media." And the media hate it when they're ignored. :(

I am now fully convinced that most of the bad press TO has gotten over the years has been media-created. Thanks ESPN for showing me the light.

I still think its cool to see people talking about the bills, especially in march and april. The huge ESPN ticker on top of ABC studios had "T.O. reports to voulantary workouts in buffalo" running across it the other day, when I passed it on the way to work I couldn't help but laugh a little bit.

I am now fully convinced that most of the bad press TO has gotten over the years has been media-created. Thanks ESPN for showing me the light.

Yea one of my buddies is a big Cowboy fan and he has been saying this for the past 3 years and more and more I was beginning to believe him. TO was a jerk in San Fran and a bigger jerk in Philly but he wasnt bad in Dallas. The Romo Witten thing only came up because of the lossing and that little tomato faced prick Jason Garrett (most over paid man in sports).

This ESPN needing a story so they make one up about TO thing is gonna get real old real quick. I will be the first to jump all over him if he really does something but this crap that Greenberg said is just that...... we should kick his sister in the face!

Mike and Mike this morning discussed T.O.s comments when he showed up to the volentary workouts. TO said that "I'm not the only guy to not show up to these things yet Im the only one the media picks at" (not an exact quote). Mike Greenberg said it rubbed him the wrong way because TO has spent so much time in his carreer seeking attention that he has no right to complain when he gets it.

My complaint with Greenberg is twofold.

1. Why didnt you play the next sentance out of TOs mouth after the clip you played because he then said "but I understand it"!!! PLAY THE WHOLE CLIP ITS 2 FREAKING MINUTES!

and 2. If your argument is that ESPN given TO this much attention for not showing up to volentary workouts because he has drawn so much attention to himself then where are the NFL Live discussions on Chad Johnson not showing to workouts? Where is the Mike and Mike talk about Chad Johnson not comming to volentary camp? Where are the endless ESPN.com articles on Ocho Cinco? The only mention he gets is "do we think he will be traded?" Why isnt he a cancer, a terrible teammate?

And what freaking award for charitable work did Ocho win that caused him to miss some of camp?

I like Greenie. I don't always agree with him but I don't agree with anyone all the time. A lot of the time he's right about stuff but, I don't think he is here.

I still like to hear differing views from commentators for the most part but, Mort can stick it.

I see your pirate and raise you a :(

:wallbash:

I'll see your pirate and raise you to a :wallbash:

This is why, if Dick Jauron was smart, he would tell TO to opt out of answering too many media questions. Hide TO away or else the media will find a way to generate some sort of controversy. Pull a Marshawn media ban, or just say "no comment". It's not just ESPN who is after Owens, it's PFT, Yahoo Sports, and anyone who can get their hands on "new material".

That would be like telling a moth to stay away from the light. They won't hear you and they won't stop doing it.

I like Greenie. I don't always agree with him but I don't agree with anyone all the time. A lot of the time he's right about stuff but, I don't think he is here.

I still like to hear differing views from commentators for the most part but, Mort can stick it.

:(

I'll see your pirate and raise you to a :wallbash:

That would be like telling a moth to stay away from the light. They won't hear you and they won't stop doing it.

Like his moron minus idea of making the US all one time zone. And he's serious about it.