NFL Beat writers Mock draft

This is a direct quote by Mike Mayock yesterday on NFL Network...And it kinda floored Me mainly because this is the Kid I've wanted The Bills to Draft ever since I watched the Sr. Bowl Practices...Anyway...Here it is...

"In two to three years Robert Ayers will be the best Defensive Player from this years draft."

Now, Mayock said He knew He was going out on a limb with this one...But He has his reasons...And I think they are all VERY sound...Also Charles Davis, a Tennessee Grad himself, chimed in on why Ayers best Football is ahead of him...

Anyway...I want Ayers... :wub:

Wow. If any other analyst said that I wouldn't really put much stock into it, especially the Kiper and McShays of the world. I really respect Mike Mayock's opinion on subjects like these though. I liked Ayers a lot a minute ago, I like him even more now.

Hmmm, there is plenty of LB quality available in FA still, so why would you draft a LB?

If we go LB, then I'd rather have Matthews

None of they guys left in FA are longterm solutions. I would much rather fill LB with a guy that has a lot of upside to him then an over the hill vet, that has one maybe two years left. And he didn't show very good production last year in the league.

Got to agree with Magox here. Mathews seems to have everything the Bills would need in an OLB. Good in pass coverage. Very good athlete. Can rush the passer. And is strong enough to hold his own in the run game. Injuries happen to everyone. He seemed to play at a very high level this past year. But i don't really care who his dad or uncle were.

I liked Poz more coming out of college than I do Cushing. In most of his highlights RB's drive for a couple more yards after Cushing's first contact. You're basically getting a guy with a very similar skill set to Poz who we got with pick #34, no thanks.

There are a number of really good NFL players that were oft-injured prior to coming into the league. Adrian Peterson comes to mind immediately. A sprained left ankle, bruised shoulder and broken hand are not chronic injuries and shouldn't be things that continue to creep up on a player. I see your concern, but a player having multiple injuries in high school and college doesn't mean its going to be the same story in the NFL.

He had a shoulder separation and surgery on that shoulder. He also had ankle sprains that caused him to miss ten total games since high school with them. They kept popping up at different times. To me those are potentially chronic injuries. The pros play a much faster hard hitting game and if his shoulder and ankle can't hold up to the game he's a wasted draft pick. IMO, he has bust written all over him.

USC had probably one of the best LB core in 2008, ever. All of them WILL be a first round pick. Many believe Matthews is the best out of the three. I would want Matthews over Cushing any day of the week.

What's interesting is USC had a stellar LB corps. Can anyone of them do the same thing in the NFL with lesser talent around them?

This is a direct quote by Mike Mayock yesterday on NFL Network...And it kinda floored Me mainly because this is the Kid I've wanted The Bills to Draft ever since I watched the Sr. Bowl Practices...Anyway...Here it is...

"In two to three years Robert Ayers will be the best Defensive Player from this years draft."

Now, Mayock said He knew He was going out on a limb with this one...But He has his reasons...And I think they are all VERY sound...Also Charles Davis, a Tennessee Grad himself, chimed in on why Ayers best Football is ahead of him...

Anyway...I want Ayers... :wub:

I'm not a big fan of Ayers but Maycock knows his stuff. I would feel a lot better now if the Bills drafted him.

JMO

I hope Chris Browns success rate sucks.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 | 12:00 AM

Chris Brown of BuffaloBills.com says that while the Bills have needs at WR they may look to CB in the 1st rd.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8078b355

I think he predicted the Bills would take Lynch in '07.

As an employee of the Bills, I think his track record is pretty good.

Great, another long-haired white guy with stiff hips. We need a guy who is a pure pass rusher. Cushing's versatility is nice but he is not a pass rusher and is not worth the 11th pick.

Seriously, i'm so sick of people bring up race. It's beyond pathetic and shows a lack of intelligence on your part.

I'm not a fan of Cushing because I don't think he is a special type of LB to warn that high of a selection. i also am very wary of USC players because they have been big time busts at the next level recently. It's a lot easier to shine when surround by blue chippers.

But if you're dismissing a player because of their race, you are an idiot pure and simple.

I hope Chris Browns success rate sucks. I hope this guy is of their draft board altogether. He's a walking injury waiting to happen.

This is from the Pro Football Weekly 2009 Draft Preview:

Missed 3 games in high school with an ankle sprain.

In 2005 he had a shoulder separation and missed five games. He underwent surgery on his shoulder and missed some of spring practice 2006.

In 2007 He missed most of spring practice with a hamstring injury and had arthroscopic knee surgery after spring practice ended.

In the first game of 2007 he had a sprained left ankle in his first game of the season and missed two starts. He re-injured it again and missed five starts.

Had arthroscopic surgery on his ankle before the '08 season. Broke a bone in his hand last year and bruised his shoulder as well last year.

:wub:

I hope this is a smoke screen! If they spent the #11 pick on this kid I'd :wallbash: Ellis was a walking injury in college and he finished the season on IR.

DE Chris Ellis: Now, don't get me wrong. Expectations for rookie third-round picks should be tempered. But Buffalo had a dire need for an edge rusher last off-season, and Ellis was drafted to be that situational guy. Simply put, he wasn't. Ellis barely saw the field until he was forced into action by other injuries (Aaron Schobel and Copeland Bryan most often), and couldn't even beat out practice squad fodder like Bryan on the depth chart. Now he's on IR, and there's very few fans out there who believe he can make an impact as a second-year pro in 2009. His coaches might be right there with us.

Link

:censored:

Their medical staff sucks at evaluating college injuries.

Good post, your 100% correct on this one.

Seriously, i'm so sick of people bring up race. It's beyond pathetic and shows a lack of intelligence on your part.

I'm not a fan of Cushing because I don't think he is a special type of LB to warn that high of a selection. i also am very wary of USC players because they have been big time busts at the next level recently. It's a lot easier to shine when surround by blue chippers.

But if you're dismissing a player because of their race, you are an idiot pure and simple.

What he said. :wub:

Why don't you go back and read the post dummy. No where in my post did I say that we shouldnt draft a white guy you overreacting douche. I said we need a pure pass rusher and Brian Cushing is a long-haired white guy with stiff hips and a 3-4 sack per year potential who is not worthy of the 11th pick. Is that racist?

Why don't you go back and read the post dummy. No where in my post did I say that we shouldnt draft a white guy you overreacting douche. I said we need a pure pass rusher and Brian Cushing is a long-haired white guy with stiff hips and a 3-4 sack per year potential who is not worthy of the 11th pick. Is that racist?

I'd mock you and call you names too but your posts alone speak to your intelligence. :wub:

I hope Chris Browns success rate sucks. I hope this guy is of their draft board altogether. He's a walking injury waiting to happen.

This is from the Pro Football Weekly 2009 Draft Preview:

Missed 3 games in high school with an ankle sprain.

In 2005 he had a shoulder separation and missed five games. He underwent surgery on his shoulder and missed some of spring practice 2006.

In 2007 He missed most of spring practice with a hamstring injury and had arthroscopic knee surgery after spring practice ended.

In the first game of 2007 he had a sprained left ankle in his first game of the season and missed two starts. He re-injured it again and missed five starts.

Had arthroscopic surgery on his ankle before the '08 season. Broke a bone in his hand last year and bruised his shoulder as well last year.

:worthy:

I hope this is a smoke screen! If they spent the #11 pick on this kid I'd :lol: Ellis was a walking injury in college and he finished the season on IR.

DE Chris Ellis: Now, don't get me wrong. Expectations for rookie third-round picks should be tempered. But Buffalo had a dire need for an edge rusher last off-season, and Ellis was drafted to be that situational guy. Simply put, he wasn't. Ellis barely saw the field until he was forced into action by other injuries (Aaron Schobel and Copeland Bryan most often), and couldn't even beat out practice squad fodder like Bryan on the depth chart. Now he's on IR, and there's very few fans out there who believe he can make an impact as a second-year pro in 2009. His coaches might be right there with us.

Link

:lol:

Their medical staff sucks at evaluating college injuries.

Right-On Brother :worthy:

a 4-3 linebacker 5 sacks is a good year. If they are a 3-4 LB those are the ones you want double digit sacks from.