The Masters

WWVaBeach

The Masters  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Tiger
    • The Field

Hahaha I can explain...my top 2 sleepers were McIlroy and Johnson, but at first I didn't see Rory's name on the tee-off schedule, so I went with Dustin. Trust me though, Rory's got GAME.

No doubt about that. In fact, I think there's a chance we can see him consistently challenging Tiger in two or three years. He is still so young though at age 19 and I think he has some growing up to do, particularly involving his short game, that will prevent him from winning a major at this time. Would be nice to see him in contention on Sunday though.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dudley Hart! :blink:

Like Plenzmd said, if I had to bet I would put it on the Cat, but I like my chances by taking the field.

Specifically I like the possibility for Luke Donald or maybe Adam Scott.

meh Scott is an awesome golfer, but he is having an awful year so far...I doubt he's able to put it together this weekend.

No doubt about that. In fact, I think there's a chance we can see him consistently challenging Tiger in two or three years. He is still so young though at age 19 and I think he has some growing up to do, particularly involving his short game, that will prevent him from winning a major at this time. Would be nice to see him in contention on Sunday though.

I agree, I don't think we'll see a teenager wearing the green jacket this sunday. Rory's a nice golfer, but I can't see it happening on this stage with this field.

Hahaha I can explain...my top 2 sleepers were McIlroy and Johnson, but at first I didn't see Rory's name on the tee-off schedule, so I went with Dustin. Trust me though, Rory's got GAME.

Rory has game. But he was on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Golf Plus

Masters Preview edition.....Therefore he has no chance.

SI Jinx rears it's ugly head again

Yesterday was my first time seeing McIlroy, but that kid is a wizard on the greens. You gotta have a great short game if you're gonna tame the tiger...but when you consider that Tiger wins over 40% of the tourneys he plays in, and this is probably his best stage, I'd say Tiger's gonna take it.

Yesterday was my first time seeing McIlroy, but that kid is a wizard on the greens. You gotta have a great short game if you're gonna tame the tiger...but when you consider that Tiger wins over 40% of the tourneys he plays in, and this is probably his best stage, I'd say Tiger's gonna take it.

When I saw McIlroy for the first time at the Accenture Match Play I said to myself "wow, this kid could be #2 in the world in a couple of years". He's even par through round 1, and it seems the course is playing pretty easy in the good weather so he'd better pick it up a little.

Chad Campbell had an awesome first round . . . Birdied the first five holes.

Tiger had a nice round, but gave 2 away at 17 & 18 . . .

BTW, have you checked out Masters.com ?

Live streaming video, pop-up updates, picture in picture . . . How do they expect me to get any work done? :(

Chad Campbell is -2 through 6.

http://www.masters.com/en_US/index.html

Keep it going!

In all the years and all the rounds of The Masters, no player has ever shot all four rounds in the 60's.

Not Jack, not Tiger, no one.

That is an amazing stat.

Angel Carbrera has that rare opportunity today.

In all the years and all the rounds of The Masters, no player has ever shot all four rounds in the 60's.

Not Jack, not Tiger, no one.

That is an amazing stat.

Angel Carbrera has that rare opportunity today.

Angel Carbrera? Isn't he a shortstop? :wacko:

lol....sorry. Seriously, though, if I knew the guy was going to be this insistent on GIVING the damn thing away, I would have made the 2 hr drive and signed up to play! lol

Homey has a 2-shot lead going into the last two holes and can't finish the deal...for his FIRST MAJOR EVER. He's like the exact opposite of Tiger in terms of his mental toughness.