Stl Bills ALL Lineman Draft (Versions A&B)

Version A

Round 1. Michael Oher OT Ole Miss- OT Old Miss

Round 2. Ziggy Hood DT Mizzou (Wouldn't be an Stl Draft without a Mizzou Tiger :rolleyes: )

Round 3.

Round 4. Kraig Urbick G Wisconsin

Round 5.

Round 6. Stryker Sulak DE Mizzou (What the Hell? Flame away... not saying he's anywhere close to Orakpo but just compare his stats against Similar competition. Stats and Bio

Round 7. Chris Baker DT Hampton- Character Concerns but has a lot of upside.

Version B

Round 1. Everette Brown DE FSU

Round 2. Ziggy Hood DT Mizzou (Wouldn't be an Stl Draft without a Mizzou Tiger :blink: )

Round 3. Duke Robinson OG OU

Round 4. Jamon Meredith OT SC

Round 5.

Round 6. Stryker Sulak DE Mizzou (What the Hell? Flame away... not saying he's anywhere close to Orakpo but just compare his stats against Similar competition. Stats and Bio

Alright Flame Away.................... :beer:

I guess I was giving Hangartner the benefit of the doubt.

Personally, I think the best solution to our offensive line needs is playing Hangartner at left guard and drafting a center. I love Unger, but I also think that Mack, Wood, and Jonathon Luigs from Arkansas are all going to be good ones in this league. It is a much deeper draft at the center position than at guard. Granted, this isn't taking the Peters situation into account, but one has to assume that it will either be him or a 1st round draft pick that we receive for him in a trade (Andre Smith, Michael Oher, William Beatty, etc) that will be starting at LT. Although Kris Chambers is waiting in the wings, but I'm REALLY hoping that isn't the route they go if they choose to trade Peters.

Version A

Round 1. Michael Oher OT Ole Miss- OT Old Miss

Round 2. Ziggy Hood DT Mizzou (Wouldn't be an Stl Draft without a Mizzou Tiger :thumbsup: )

Round 3.

Round 4. Kraig Urbick G Wisconsin

Round 5.

Version B

Round 1. Everette Brown DE FSU

Round 2. Ziggy Hood DT Mizzou (Wouldn't be an Stl Draft without a Mizzou Tiger :rolleyes: )

Round 3. Duke Robinson OG OU

Round 4. Jamon Meredith OT SC

Round 5.

Alright Flame Away.................... :thumbsup:

I like version B, but I'd replace Duke Robinson with Antoine Caldwell (please no more Duke-y's) and Meredith with a tight end (Coffman, Nelson, etc). Offensive linemen in rounds 5-7.

An all lineman draft would be pretty dumb. We would most likely have to select players that are not close to being the best left on our board. Not to mention there is no way we could keep all those players.

Also need an OLB. Right now Ellison is your starter. Personally i think the Bills will use their second first rounder on an OLB. (yes from the Peters Trade). But will probably go OT with 11. Oher is my pick. Then OLB. Wish Mathews was there. Then move back to interior Oline in the second. Then DT in the third. Trade the other third (yes from Peters trade for Scheffler). in the fourth maybe DT. Bills did just locked up Stroud for four years. Fourth round DT could be developed for a year. Then put in rotation next year. After that they need to draft a 'project' safety. Maybe a guy from a smaller school with good abilities. Or a guy that played one year in a major program and showed he has ball skills and potential.

From this draft you would have four starters/upgrades this year. Oher, Mathews, Scheffler, and whoever you drafted in the second for the interior Oline. I would like Robinson.

I am a firm believer that championships are more and more won on the lines. So I put together my first day draft of lineman only for the Bills. I think this could greatly improve them and give them solid trench play for 5+ years. First of all i don't think the Peters deal will get worked out, therefore he is gone to Philly for a first and 3rd, although I would absolutely love a 1st and 2nd as I see a tremendous amount of quality players available in the 2nd round. So the mock goes like this. We trade both of the round 3 picks our own and the one acquired in the Peters trade to get back into the 2nd.

Pick 11 BJ Raji DT (possible drug test failure drops him to us)

Pick 21 Michael Oher OT (i have seen him as low at 27 in some mocks, my hope is he is there at 21)

Pick 42 Alex Mack C (good to go from day one)

2nd Rd #2 Duke Robinson OG

I think this really puts the OL in great shape and adding Raji to the DT mix with Stroud all of our mediocre DE's a little less mediocre. What do you think?