I met Tom Modrak at LAX

After which, you will promptly receive the "It's Photoshopped" accusations.

Some people will believe it. Some won't. I wouldn't get yourself too worked up over it.

Agreed. I think most of us can smell a BS post, from a legit post. And the idea that a poster couldn't possibly run into Modrak, or that Modrak couldn't possibly surf the Bills-related sites, is preposterous on its face.

Ignore them.

If you made it up, you did a good job!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you guys are right, it just pisses me off to be called a liar and a narcissist.

I've been called worse. I still sleep at night.

Again, nothing to get worked up over.

Last week, I met Tom Modrak at a bar in LAX.

Many years back I was on a plane across the aisle from Ted Cottrell. I talked 5 minutes of Bills football with him. Then it kind of dawned on me how would I feel if someone on a plane just wanted to talk "shop" to me. Like "So Mark, so how is that just-in-time inventory philosophy going?". I'd be like BITE ME!!!

I know you guys are right, it just pisses me off to be called a liar and a narcissist.

Dude just let it roll off your shoulders. I made a post a little over a year ago about a conversation I had with a couple of NFLers who have friends who play in my Flag Football league. I grew up playing ball with guys like Anquan Boldin, Fred Taylor, Vinny Sutherland, Julian Battle and a few others. I was sandblasted, I got called a liar and a show off. A lot of posters can't believe that these guys actually do interact with fans and such. I got tired of having to "prove" crap to a bunch of what I can only describe as haters and now I don't mention sh--.

I believe you bro. Let the haters hate, that's what makes them feel better about themselves.

Great site! However, there must be at least one mistake. Ko Simpson's worth million$! :rolleyes:

If Modrak & Rusty's nephew are trollin' the west coast, who's negotiating with Peters? :thumbsup:

Modrak doesn't negotiate with current Bills...probably doesn't do any contract negotiation, for the Bills.

And, I suppose it is possible that Ko is "worth millions" despite the fact that he isn't paid millions, per year, by the Bills. Doubtful, of course, but possible.

I have met and talked with some NFL people.

I have met famous people in airports.

Your post is consistiant with experiences I have had.

I believe that you met and talked with Modrak.

All of these guys getting text messeges from sources deep within. They are liars and narcissists.

Thanks to all those that believe me, I won't let a few naysayers get to me.

Many years back I was on a plane across the aisle from Ted Cottrell. I talked 5 minutes of Bills football with him. Then it kind of dawned on me how would I feel if someone on a plane just wanted to talk "shop" to me. Like "So Mark, so how is that just-in-time inventory philosophy going?". I'd be like BITE ME!!!

LOL, I know what you mean. I actually stopped myself after the 5th or 6th question and said, "Do you want me to shut up? I know this is your job, so you probably don't want to talk about it in your down time." He said absolutely not, he enjoys talking to fans.

The Stadium Wall

And yes, we knew that the front office was aware of this site long before Scott Berchtold and our own Aussiew arranged a meet-and-greet with Tom Donahoe at a 2005 road game.

So while I wouldn't guarantee that Modrak lurks here, it wouldn't shock me in the least to think that he might drop by from time to time. Now whether he would (or should) take anything he reads here seriously ...

As I said he probably reads some of this for a giggle every now and then. I'd also like to believe he finds some interesting.

I want to know what the Bills organization thinks aboot my cap page :thumbsup:

No bag, your page is top notch!

Loosely translated: We might have made a mistake and he won't make it out of training camp if he doesn't show us something.

I was against the Ellis pick because of everything I read about him last year including a lot of injuries. If I was the Bills GM I'd avoid any players that nagging injuries that can plague a guy for the season. Hopefully he will make me look like an ass for assuming that. You know what they say about assuming. It only makes an ass out of me and Dean.

If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen. There are so many BS posters here it's hard to tell the true from the false. I think for the most part we believe you. The only BS posts I make up are every April Fools day and that's only one. The more posts you have the more believable you are. You only have 603 posts but that is since '06 and I think that's why most of us believe you.

Dude just let it roll off your shoulders. I made a post a little over a year ago about a conversation I had with a couple of NFLers who have friends who play in my Flag Football league. I grew up playing ball with guys like Anquan Boldin, Fred Taylor, Vinny Sutherland, Julian Battle and a few others. I was sandblasted, I got called a liar and a show off. A lot of posters can't believe that these guys actually do interact with fans and such. I got tired of having to "prove" crap to a bunch of what I can only describe as haters and now I don't mention sh--.

I believe you bro. Let the haters hate, that's what makes them feel better about themselves.

As I said, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Modrak doesn't negotiate with current Bills...probably doesn't do any contract negotiation, for the Bills.

And, I suppose it is possible that Ko is "worth millions" despite the fact that he isn't paid millions, per year, by the Bills. Doubtful, of course, but possible.

Linkage

Ko Simpson Defensive Back 7/23/2006: Signed a four-year, $2.13 million contract. The deal included a $465,000 signing bonus. 2009: $530,000, 2010: Free Agent

He's was also coming off some nagging injuries. If Ko can stay healthy he's very good.

I'm relatively new to TSW, but have been around TBD for years. Your post seems both accurate and logical. A few of the bills and sabres are family friends of ours (grew up in GI) and it is not at all unreasonable for someone to bump into someone like Modrak out on the trail or for someone to actually have a neighbor or friend who is on the bills.

but back to what Modrak said to you... I have posted before about the lack of success in finding offensive lineman in the draft under donahoe, modrak, and guy. I have not had a chance to check out teams like the colts or steelers and compare, but my guess is those teams consistently draft good OL, just like Polian did in the early 90s here. My point is, I think its fair to say that Modrak and guy are not very astute at evaluating good DE's as well as OL. No one comes to mind as a stand out DE in Philly while TM was there (hugh douglas maybe?) and he hasn't hit on one yet here, in terms of creating a pass rusher.

Maybe the problem is they are drafting for a system (the 4-3) that neither is good at evaluating talent for, or maybe they just suck at judging o and D line. Either way, McCargo was a huge, huge bust and I have a feeling it wasn't Marv who was that high on him. Tim Anderson was another bust. I actually think Kyle Williams is a lot like Jeff write and he has Marvs fingerprints all over him...

Bottom line - TM has his strengths as a scout, but this team will never succeed until we have a TRUE football gm. IT sucks but Ralph ran out 3 really, really good ones...

McKinley'sBlessing:

Never underestimate the narcissistic tendency of this place.

Expect some negative responses to your post from the most delusional in the crew who think

TBD is must reading by all the GM's and scouts in the league. Yikes!

Yup, because the gig in San Antonio never happened, and we don't have any proof whatsoever that aussie and TD ever met ...

Second-funniest part of that weekend: After we did our work Friday night and Saturday afternoon, spreading the word and rounding up a few hundred Bills fans, Jay Rubeo (who took those pics) and I were downstairs at the hotel waiting for the crew from the Bills to arrive ... and must have had 20 people say, "Hey, did you guys hear that Tom Donahoe might be here?"

Yup, we heard.

Funniest part of that weekend: The hotel gave us a $2-longneck Happy Hour special ... and they were SOLD OUT by 7 p.m. Saturday, and were calling other hotels on the Riverwalk to buy more cases from them. They said they've hosted Final Fours and NBA championships, but they'd never seen anything like us ...

LOL, I know what you mean. I actually stopped myself after the 5th or 6th question and said, "Do you want me to shut up? I know this is your job, so you probably don't want to talk about it in your down time." He said absolutely not, he enjoys talking to fans.

Lets face it. If our fantasies were our jobs, we would talk about it

Like I would be Pamela Anderson's gynecologist..........maybe not :worthy:

For what it's worth, I flew from LAX to Atlanta last week, and Takeo Spikes sat behind me.

He was friendly, but he didn't offer any draft insight. My wife thought his shirt looked "bedazzled".

Was the shirt bedazzled by meeting you, or do you have an exceptionally beautiful wife?