Bills were in serious discussions with Philly about Peters

Fingon

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can figure is Brandon and Jauron must feel tremendous job security as the result of moving Peters does not support the "win now" theory. One step forward tow steps back.

They haven't moved Peters. You might want to save that remark for when they do, if they do.

Call the players who voted for him and played against him and tell them they were wrong.

Also, Peters became an elite LT by working his ass off.

What he said.

I cant speak for everyone that voted Peters into the Pro-Bowl. But I can tell you that he wasnt one of the best OL's in the league to be there.

I mean hey, if guys like Plaxico Burress are voting him into the Pro-Bowl that doesnt hold any water to me considering hes so stupid he shot himself in the leg. Or how about guys like Lynch, Pacman, Henry, or any other Bengal for that matter that cant stay out of trouble. They obviously dont make sound decisions on a daily basis, so how can I trust they did when voting Peters into the Pro-Bowl?

How can you assume that the rest of the players in the league know. He only played against 13 teams this season considering he didnt play in week one because he wasnt in game shape or know the line changes from 07' he didnt play in the last 2 weeks of the season because he was injured. Oh, and by the way, the last game of the season, when everyone in the world knew we were going to run the ball because there 50mph winds all day long we had our best rushing game of the season for an individual(136yrds). Peters didnt play, and Jackson was the RB. So I'd like to know how important he was in that game?

There is no factual evidence that Peters did or didnt work his ass off. Personally, I think he did. But to assume that is rediculous. You have your opinion, and I have mine. Personally I think Peters really wants out of Buffalo and is trying to force a trade. You can point to any interview with him and he will say he loves it here. Doesnt everybody say that? IMO we should get something for him while he is still worth something. There is no proof in the last 2 years that he is 100% healthy. He missed the last 2 games last year, and a half a game somewhere in midseason.

Thats why the Bills didnt want to deal with him in the first place last year if you cant remember. He wouldnt show up to camp, said he wanted a deal, and the Bills point was that they havent even talked to him since his injury and had no idea if he had recovered 100%. It turned into the madness it is now because of his lack of communication. I'm sorry, but if they have to continue along this path, why waste your time and efforts trying to make someone happy that might never be happy.

Two years ago, Peters was a solid player. Last year, pouting over his contract, he was mediocre at best (being generous). If the Bills cave and reup him for big bucks, who's to say he won't just turn into a giant pile of crap?

Through Stroud, the Bills showed Peters the way to bigger bucks. Work hard and you will be rewarded. I think that the Bills chances are better with a rookie 1st rounder at tackle than Peters, because you aren't sure which Peters will show up. If he's not motivated to play hard when he wants a fat contract, how motivated will he be after he gets a fat contract?

All I can figure is Brandon and Jauron must feel tremendous job security as the result of moving Peters does not support the "win now" theory. One step forward tow steps back.

If the Bills can pick up an extra #1 and another day 1 pick for Peters, while unloading a major distraction, and for now a liability, in the process, this is a step forward in my opinion. They can pick up two potential OL starters with those picks and still address other holes at LB, DE, and TE. This is a win for a team with as many holes as the Bills. It is too bad this situation has developed with Peters but letting it drag into another season would be madness, as would paying him as the best left tackle in the league when he is not given the situation. Perhaps he could be with committment to the position and the team, but lacking that he is a liability. I wish him luck - time to move on.