Jason Taylor

robkmil

if the Bills sign Taylor to a one-year deal, they're in serious WIN NOW mode. It means that if they blow this season, Ralph is cleaning house.

then I think I'm for it. About time winning becomes a priority

The only way the Bills get Taylor is to outbid, and probably by a significant margin, what the Pats* (a real chance for him to get a ring) or Dolphins (he lives there), or other teams may be willing to offer. I don't see a TO situation here where there is limited interest across the league.

I drew no conclusion from reading that that Taylor would be a Bill. It does show a concern for the pass rush as did chasing

the canaduian league player who went to the Dolphins.

Nothing said he would be a Bill, but the Bills were one of the first to have reportedly showed interest. My guess is if the Patriots are not able to obtain Peppers, then Jason Taylor will become a Patriot.

What is promising is that the Dolphins recently shot down the idea of Taylor coming back, so that is one possible suitor for him that is crossed out. I would say there is an outside shot of Taylor coming here, but I would have to believe that the Job market for him would be really low for him to make this move. It will take a nice 1-2 year contract to get him.

Is this is a "win now" move or a "keep my job move" by Jauron?

He's been hurt recently to its hard to say how much he has left in the tank but he can't be any worse than our current guys. I'm all for this move.

Not much of a surprise since this first came out in the Miami Herald early last week, and has since been reported even at buffalobills.com in Chris Brown's blog. PFT was kinda behind the ball on this one.

if the Bills sign Taylor to a one-year deal, they're in serious WIN NOW mode. It means that if they blow this season, Ralph is cleaning house.

It would be nice if the Bills thought about winning "Now" vice "The Future" since the future never really gets here. I don't think they would sign Taylor unless it was for a cheap contract, they already have millions invested in DE now.

Taylor is past his prime and wouldn't contribute much. He had 3.5 sacks last year for the Redskins and only played 13 games.

Agreed. If they are taking a win now approach. Give up the 11th and our 3rd round pick for Peppers.

The more I think about it, the better I like the idea.

Offer him an attractive 1 year deal. It seems as if there is not a lot of interest, now I may be wrong, but I'm not hearing that there are potential suitors lining up. I've even heard, that the Dolphins have come out saying that they don't have an interest in him coming back recently.

Here we are able to get a guy that may be able to get the job the done. I know last year was a bad year for him, and there is no doubt that you have to take that into consideration, but I believe he still has another year in the tank.

That way the guys we draft this year, will have another year to acclimate themselves with the Pro game, strength and speed.

I don't see how it hurts, it just would be a one year commitment. If it fails, he's gone by next year. So the downside isn't that great. Upside, well, he could have 8+ sacks and that would be a hell of a lot more than what we have seen recently.

Offer him a deal now, give him a draft day deadline, if he doesn't sign by then, rescind the offer, and make sure that he knows that.