Jason Taylor

robkmil

if the Bills sign Taylor to a one-year deal, they're in serious WIN NOW mode. It means that if they blow this season, Ralph is cleaning house.

Ya think? I was sure this was apparent when they signed TO. I think I prefer WIN NOW mode to win someday mode, especially with home games in Toronto looming on the horizon.

no way

if you want a DE get Peppers

dont know what the salary cap hit would be on releasing Kelsey but I would cut Kelsey or redo his contract to backup status and sign Peppers to a long term deal if we do not get the pass rusher in the draft

my 8 cents

if you want a DE get Peppers

Ahem.

1. Peppers doesn't want to play for Buffalo.

2. Peppers doesn't want to play DE.

3. Peppers doesn't want to play in a 4-3.

4. The Bills have nothing that Carolina would be willing to trade for that would not make them a worse team for acquiring Peppers.

5. Jason Taylor is a free agent, so he wouldn't cost draft picks.

6. Bad idea.

Taylor is past his prime and wouldn't contribute much. He had 3.5 sacks last year for the Redskins and only played 13 games.

Agreed. If they are taking a win now approach. Give up the 11th and our 3rd round pick for Peppers.

You guys are seriously nuts. Jason Taylor had a freak calf injury that needed emergency surgery and could have killed him. He is only one year removed from having double-digit sacks. The man is a monster DE and would immediately upgrade our defensive line. Not only that, but signing him would be a double (triple?) bonus since it would preclude Miami and New England from signing him. He would start opposite Schobel and Kelsay/Denney/Ellis/Everette Brown(?) would be used in the rotation. You will RARELY hear me say this, but I would sign Jason Taylor in a heartbeat and would not mind overpaying for the man. His career is not over. My fear is that he signs with New England and they get three more years and 25 sacks out of him as a 3-4 OLB. I would do more or less whatever it takes to bring him in on a 2-3 year deal. Jason Taylor is a baller.

Ahem.

1. Peppers doesn't want to play for Buffalo.

2. Peppers doesn't want to play DE.

3. Peppers doesn't want to play in a 4-3.

4. The Bills have nothing that Carolina would be willing to trade for that would not make them a worse team for acquiring Peppers.

5. Jason Taylor is a free agent, so he wouldn't cost draft picks.

6. Bad idea.

All that plus he is nowhere near a consistant force. Two years ago he had 3 sacks. I would not give up picks for him if i was anyone. Also Brenson Buckner , who played with him on Carolinas line, gave him a less the ringing endorsement. He said Peppers doesn't make anyone else around him better. And he is not a great football player but a great athlete. Also basically stated he was a whiner.

Now Taylor for a one or two years deal getting 3 million a year i would not mind. Maybe with incentives it gets to 5. Like games played, sacks, defensive ranking, playoffs etc....

"Taylor still can't stomach the idea of playing for the New York Jets." according to Graham and is talking to Miami despite reports Miami has no interest. He also 'The six-time Pro Bowler recently said at another Jason Taylor Foundation event he would have a hard time playing for the New England Patriots"* but Bills do not even get a mention in article despite Bills inquiring about him. His heart is a Dolphin but Bills do not get a mention. Hmmmmmm.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4053572