The "Other" Bills Board

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=131220

Are the fans over there nuts?

Now I can remember why I don't post on that site anymore

Maybin would be the obvious answer if he was available

The Bills would be insane not to take Crabtree. Maybin's potential isn't even in the same universe as Crabtree's potential. You don't take the need pick over best player available when that best player available player has HOF potential and the need pick is really a puffed up linebacker in DE clothes.

These are my scenarios:

Everette Brown>Orakpo

Orakpo>all other DE's

Orakpo > Crabtree

Orakpo > Pettigrew

Orakpo > LT (only if Peters is still a Bill)

Crabtree > Pettigrew

I would only take Crabtree if Peters is still a Bill, and basically all of our needs are off the board. Crabtree is too much of a luxury pick.

These are my scenarios:

Everette Brown>Orakpo

Orakpo>all other DE's

Orakpo > Crabtree

Orakpo > Pettigrew

Orakpo > LT (only if Peters is still a Bill)

Crabtree > Pettigrew

I would only take Crabtree if Peters is still a Bill, and basically all of our needs are off the board. Crabtree is too much of a luxury pick.

I agree. Why take a WR; NO ONE IS A SURE PICK! Crabtree played in a pass happy offense at that. The addition of TO allows both our young WR's AND Trent to develop. Until Trent develops into a consistent QB it doesn't matter who you lineup up on the outside. Why create an even bigger logjam at WR unless you felt Crabeetree was the next Randy Moss?

I honestly think that Everrete Brown will be the best pick for the Bills as he has explosion that you just can't teach. If Orakpo fell, it would be a decision between the two. Some would say take Orakpo because he fits more of a traditonal LDE build and we have Schoebel. Based on tape I have seen Brown rack havoc from both sides. He is the type of explosive DE that the Bills lack which is our number one need right now. If both Schonert and Trent improve, establish an offensive identity, properly utilizes his targets on the outside, the run game will pick up and the offense should improve. The D could possibly become dominanat if the return of a healthy Schoebel combined with an explosive opposite force collapse the pocket as the secondary is tight.

The Bills don't have the luxury of stacking one position, even if there is a future all-pro talent like Crabtree available. If he starts to fall there will be numerous teams trying to trade up and the Bills should be the team that takes advantage of this.

Assuming the Bills resign Peters...

Trade down to pick up an additonal 3rd round pick. Trade this pick to Denver for Scheffler. Take the best DE and LB available with their first two picks. The talent is there to get two instant starters. Three starters in all need postions would be a the infusion that the Bills need. Of course, if the Bills don't resign Peters all bets are off.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=131220

Are the fans over there nuts?

Now I can remember why I don't post on that site anymore

Maybin would be the obvious answer if he was available

I read the first page and don't see anything "nuts"?

Saying Maybin (who had one good season, is undersized, may be using roids) is the "obvious answer" is equally if not more nuts than everything I read on the other board.

The Bills would be insane not to take Crabtree. Maybin's potential isn't even in the same universe as Crabtree's potential. You don't take the need pick over best player available when that best player available player has HOF potential and the need pick is really a puffed up linebacker in DE clothes.

Maybin has the potential to be the best player to come out of this draft. If he's there we have to take him, but I think he's going in the top ten. We will probably get Brown, and I'm ok with that.

Maybin has the potential to be the best player to come out of this draft. If he's there we have to take him, but I think he's going in the top ten. We will probably get Brown, and I'm ok with that.

Doesn't anybody?

We need a DE, the best one is there (Orakpo), and people want to draft a WR or a tweener who we don't even know can play in his current condition. He added an incredible amount of weight, lost some quickness, and nobody knows what he will be like on the field right now.

The only thing people have to say negative about Orakpo is that he comes out of the same school that other players have failed. He is productive. He has done everything he's been asked to do, and done it with great success. I'm not an advocate for him, I like Brown much better, but if the choices come down between Orakpo and Maybe (yes, maybe. Because that's all we know about him) I'm choosing Orakpo every time.