Good breakdown of Demetrius Bell

Fingon

Great Find Fingon!

Both positive reviews. T.O is only going to help Steve Johnsons development. I personally think he is going to be a steal. I don't know enough about Bell, but we've all heard the good positive reviews he's had.

2008 Draft class could end up being a gem.

If you go to draftguys.com you can see this year's crop!

Jamon Meredith, OT South Carolina

http://draftguys.com/index.php/articles/dg...south_carolina/

Lydon Murtha, OL Nebraska

http://draftguys.com/index.php/articles/dg...tha_-_nebraska/

Sebastian Vollmer, OT Houston

http://draftguys.com/index.php/articles/dg...-_ot_-_houston/

TJ Lang, OL Eastern Michigan

http://draftguys.com/index.php/articles/dg...stern_michigan/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps02jh7IbZQ

Sounds like he could be a really good player in a year or two.

Steve:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj_6OZ7n6ao

I saw those clips right after last years draft, I was Impressed with both those players and tried to follow them in preseason.

Bell looked pretty athletic, he mirrored well, I think he would have been taken in the 4th if he had benched 225 20X instead of 10X - and while I don't think he is as talented as Jason Peters I think he could play LT without being an embarrassment.

Johnson has a lot of nice qualities but nothing that makes you say wow- but if he is a taller Josh Reed how could anyone complain.

I think that that the Bills are kind of flying under the radar in some areas. I really like the young depth at the WR and OL positions. Renting TO for a year and Josh Reed getting up there a bit in age I think that maybe that if Hardy can progress and Stevie Johnson takes the next step that they can be our future. I'm not counting Roscoe because I really don't think that he'll be with the team this year but come 2010 I'd be happy with Evans, Hardy and Johnson as our starting 3 WRs. On the OL the future is looking pretty good with Bell, Chambers, Butler and Hangartner. I think that it's important that we draft a couple of quality OL this year because of the unsettleness of the Peters situation and, like Roscoe, I don't think that Walker is long for this team either.

i have read numerous threads about the bills grooming bell to be a left tackle. sounds to me that he may turn out to be a steal in the 2008 draft. i also think steve johnson is going to turn into another andre reed. i have no basis behind this, just a feeling. he reminds me a lot of andre.

I think that that the Bills are kind of flying under the radar in some areas. I really like the young depth at the WR and OL positions. Renting TO for a year and Josh Reed getting up there a bit in age I think that maybe that if Hardy can progress and Stevie Johnson takes the next step that they can be our future. I'm not counting Roscoe because I really don't think that he'll be with the team this year but come 2010 I'd be happy with Evans, Hardy and Johnson as our starting 3 WRs. On the OL the future is looking pretty good with Bell, Chambers, Butler and Hangartner. I think that it's important that we draft a couple of quality OL this year because of the unsettleness of the Peters situation and, like Roscoe, I don't think that Walker is long for this team either.

Excelently said. Also Ellis as DE might have progressed some too. Not saying he is the answer. But most third rounders could take a year to develope and transition to the speed of the pros.

I agree. I just don't think Bell will ever have the pure power to play guard in this league. No push at all in the run game. He'll look good on pulls because of his athleticism, but he's a backup swing tackle at best IMO.

i have read numerous threads about the bills grooming bell to be a left tackle. sounds to me that he may turn out to be a steal in the 2008 draft. i also think steve johnson is going to turn into another andre reed. i have no basis behind this, just a feeling. he reminds me a lot of andre.

Bell has shown an ability to learn very quickly. If Peters is traded I wonder if Buffalo will put him in at LT this year. He seems to have a lot of upside and when he gets some starts I believe he will quickly improve.

As for Johnson he's another quick learner it appears. It definitely showed toward the end of last year and letting him play third or fourth receiver this year should help him improve. He might be a starter 2010. It's way to early to call him the next Andre Reed but he's definitely got a lot of unrefined talent that he seems to be using a lot better after some coaching.

Not to be unkind, but based on what evidence? The guy looked more like a TE than an OT last year.

Based on the evidence that the Bills drafted him as a project, and wanted to stash him on the practice squad to let him develop, except Jauron had to admit "he's come along faster than we thought" and his play in the preseason forced the Bills to keep him on the roster instead of the squad, because another team would have taken him. Just a start.

Based on the evidence that the Bills drafted him as a project, and wanted to stash him on the practice squad to let him develop, except Jauron had to admit "he's come along faster than we thought" and his play in the preseason forced the Bills to keep him on the roster instead of the squad, because another team would have taken him. Just a start.

Uh...IIRC, the fact they didn't have enough healthy bodies on the O-line may have had something to do with that. :beer:

The "he's come along faster" comment is coach-speak for "he's not ready, but I have to plug somebody in there."

What evidence is there that some team would've signed him off the PS? None that I recall.

Uh...IIRC, the fact they didn't have enough healthy bodies on the O-line may have had something to do with that. :beer:

The "he's come along faster" comment is coach-speak for "he's not ready, but I have to plug somebody in there."

What evidence is there that some team would've signed him off the PS? None that I recall.

What the hell are you talking about? Enough healthy bodies? Tell me what offensive lineman were injured during training camp and preseason.

I just wish we still had McNally coaching the O-Line. He could do with Bell what he did with Peters. Bell is so raw but so talented. A project player, but we knew that.

I know Jauron said he'd compete for the left guard spot with Chambers, but Jauron's an idiot. We should just groom this guy to play LT.