do we take Raji at 11?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smoking weed is a habit of losers. If we want a loser on our team we should take him. Otherwise, we pass.

Don't care. Snort coke on the 50-yard line for all I care. Play winning football. Take him!

It really is not surprising that someone named Raji smokes the ganja. (It also does not surprise me that a college kid has smoked the ganja).

To answer your question, I would not mind it at all if we picked him based on what I have read about him as a player. I think it will depend on how the Bills evaluate him as both a player and a kid. As others have pointed out, the same situation did not hamper Warren Sapp's career.

taking raji? after hargrove not so sure. how many chances did he have? i dont think smoking weed is that bad, but if you know you are about to become very rich, come on. use your head. this positive test is definitely going to cost him a bunch of money.

Don't care. Snort coke on the 50-yard line for all I care. Play winning football. Take him!

That would be great if pot weren't such a de-motivating drug. He would not be able to commit to the NFL level of football if he is committed to pot. It is fine in college where he can cruise but as soon as the going gets tough, the loser mentality will kick in and he will be useless. If he can't resist pot long enough to test negative at the combine he with definitely smoke while playing. It will kill his short term memory and he will be useless trying to know the plays. I'd rather have him be useless for another team.

The biggest hole on the Bills is the pass rush. Sure Raji will help colapse the pocket but that is only effective when you have some speed off of the edge. We MUST get a pass rush from the outside in order to make this defense work. You can't hang Mitchell and Poz in the 1 and 2 gaps to create pressure every play. I like Raji but he is no Warren Spap and DT's, are very slow to adapt to the NFL because the lineman are so much biger/stronger/faster. I can't think of the last rookie DT to make an impact. Rookie edge rushers routinely get 10 sacks and that is what we need from that 11th pick.

That would be great if pot weren't such a de-motivating drug. He would not be able to commit to the NFL level of football if he is committed to pot. It is fine in college where he can cruise but as soon as the going gets tough, the loser mentality will kick in and he will be useless. If he can't resist pot long enough to test negative at the combine he with definitely smoke while playing. It will kill his short term memory and he will be useless trying to know the plays. I'd rather have him be useless for another team.

As a side note, whenever the issue of pot comes up, I think of what happened to Ricky Williams. Wanstedt ran him right into the ground. Being an ex RB, I knew what it was like to play the position in high school. I can only imagine the pounding Ricky got each game in the NFL. Based on this, I always felt sorry for Ricky (seems like a good guy) and understood why he might have needed to lighten the pain.

Are you kidding? Drinking beer is just as bad. Weed is going to become a taxable item here in the near future. This is a gift for the Bills, take it.

The biggest hole on the Bills is the pass rush. Sure Raji will help colapse the pocket but that is only effective when you have some speed off of the edge. We MUST get a pass rush from the outside in order to make this defense work. You can't hang Mitchell and Poz in the 1 and 2 gaps to create pressure every play. I like Raji but he is no Warren Spap and DT's, are very slow to adapt to the NFL because the lineman are so much biger/stronger/faster. I can't think of the last rookie DT to make an impact. Rookie edge rushers routinely get 10 sacks and that is what we need from that 11th pick.

Bigger and stronger? Name 5 DT's in the NFL that will pound out the weight like raji did at the combine.

Smoking weed is a habit of losers. If we want a loser on our team we should take him. Otherwise, we pass.

I see, so Michael Phelps is a loser huh?Get freakin real, so drinking alchol must make you a winner.

Or is that just for losers too! Just curious, I would bet that you are a drinker, see that proves my point,

because you are a loser.

Once his state passes the Medical MJ law, he can get a prescription for the little aches and pains that are

sure to follow, what are you going to say then sunshine?

Class of '78,just plain high.

I see, so Michael Phelps is a loser huh?Get freakin real, so drinking alchol must make you a winner.

Or is that just for losers too! Just curious, I would bet that you are a drinker, see that proves my point,

because you are a loser.

Once his state passes the Medical MJ law, he can get a prescription for the little aches and pains that are

sure to follow, what are you going to say then sunshine?

Class of '78,just plain high.

Why would you assume that if pot makes you a loser, it must mean alcohol makes you a winner?

Thats just Bullsh%t, come on, thats way overblown, I mean look at me, I remebered how to get to this site,

how to access a topic that I liked, I remebered how to log in, my password, etc...now if you can just give me

a few more minutes here, I am sure I will remeber exactly what I was thinking about posting.

Bigger and stronger? Name 5 DT's in the NFL that will pound out the weight like raji did at the combine.

Leif Larson anyone? When you get to the this level, strength is hardly a concern because evey player has been in a D1 lifting program for 5 years and if ya ain't strong by then, you won't be playing very much. Functional strength is what counts. The days of throwin 4 plates on each side of the bar are over and functional strength is whats most important. The Kicker from USC outbenched more than half of the lineman in this draft so what does that say? I like Raji, but he can't line up on the edge and that is what we need.

Right. Good analysis. Arguably the best Defensive Tackle for a recent span of 5+ years, Warren Sapp, would disagree with you considering he failed the same pre-draft drug test before he was selected by the Bucs. If Raji is there, we have to take him.