Bears get Cutler! He goes to the NFC.

Fingon

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg Olsons stock just sky rocketed...

Agreed. They need to get him a WR now, though. I also don't think their O-line is good enough. Of course, if i ran a team i would probably go QB after there is a good core to surround him with.

Thats good news for us still...I find it hard to believe that Denver sees Orton as their guy of the future...reports indicate that the Broncos are really high on Sanchez, so maybe we can parlay some of those picks from Denver in a trade down for them to get Sanchez if he falls to us...

Why would the Broncos trade up with us one slot when they know we are not going to take Sanchez? The only reason would be a preventative measure agaisnt someone else trading with us. Best bet is that they leap frog the 9ers

This is good for us...i doubt Den wants Orton as their long term starter...reports say they are REALLY high on Sanchez, so if he falls to us, maybe we can parlay that into a trade down and pick up some of these extra draft picks...

Denver now drafts at #12 and #18 and have enough extra picks to leapfrog us. That's fine though. I'd be happy if all top three quarterbacks were taken ahead of us...even the top two. This definitely stirs the pot although it's not clear what we're tasting yet.

The Broncos are now likely to spend their #12 overall pick on a QB.

Thats fantastic news for the Bills who sit at #11, if any of the QBs slide and teams like the Jets, Tampa Bay, Minnesota or Detroit (if they didnt take a QB #1 overall) want a QB, they'll have to jump in front of Denver now.

Really gives us a lot of leverage for a trade down if that turns out to be our best option.

Could be - OTOH, they now have a lot of draft firepower and could move up.

The Broncos are now likely to spend their #12 overall pick on a QB.

Thats fantastic news for the Bills who sit at #11, if any of the QBs slide and teams like the Jets, Tampa Bay, Minnesota or Detroit (if they didnt take a QB #1 overall) want a QB, they'll have to jump in front of Denver now.

Really gives us a lot of leverage for a trade down if that turns out to be our best option.

Denver now drafts at #12 and #18 and have enough extra picks to leapfrog us. That's fine though. I'd be happy if all top three quarterbacks were taken ahead of us...even the top two. This definitely stirs the pot although it's not clear what we're tasting yet.

Either way, my instinct is that the Bills are positioned pretty well right now for the draft, whether they use the pick or trade down.

22 quarterbacks in 20 years? I'm not sure there's such thing as "too much" for the Bears to give up for a Pro Bowl QB. Thie town is going nuts right now, it's pretty funny.

There is a reason why those QBs haven't developed.