Thank You All Who Voted

_BiB_

White House................4 more years.

House.........................Republican Majority

Senate........................Republican Majority

That Grouper Sammich is going to taste real good.

I feel all better now. Our chances of cleaning up the terrorism war business just went up 50% over the alternative.

White House................4 more years.

House.........................Republican Majority

Senate........................Republican Majority

That Grouper Sammich is going to taste real good.

I feel all better now. Our chances of cleaning up the terrorism war business just went up 50% over the alternative.

98610[/snapback]

Mmmmmm, Grouper sammmmich. <_<

Our chances of cleaning up the terrorism war business just went up 50% over the alternative.

Does this also hold true for the war on the Constitution, the war on the middle class, the war on homosexuals, the war on women, the war on non-Christians, the war for corporations and the war on anybody who isn't a wealthy, white, hetrosexual male?-)

Sorry B, but I feel this country has gotten progressively dumber and meaner over the last four years thanks in no small part to the "leadership" of the administration. I can't imagine what these self-righteous, spoiled-rotten chickenhawks will attempt next without the spectre of re-election hovering over them.

Cya

Does this also hold true for the war on the Constitution, the war on the middle class, the war on homosexuals, the war on women, the war on non-Christians, the war for corporations and the war on anybody who isn't a wealthy, white, hetrosexual male?-)

Sorry B, but I feel this country has gotten progressively dumber and meaner over the last four years thanks in no small part to the "leadership" of the administration. I can't imagine what these self-righteous, spoiled-rotten chickenhawks will attempt next without the spectre of re-election hovering over them.

Cya

98758[/snapback]

So we as a country are more stupid because we go to church more, don't want to have another guys member in our mouth, are self assurred, and love our country and want to protect it.

Tell me who is the more stupid here?

Cya

98758[/snapback]

One war at a time, Simon. One war at a time. <_<

Cya

98758[/snapback]

Not giving everyone everything they want is not a war on them. As many Gays and supporters that want "Marriage" rights, there are a lot of people to whom that is very against their values. What war on women? There is no war on non-Christians, that's blather. This country exhibits more religious tolerance than any in the world. We are trying to kill people who are using a WARPED sense of their own religion to kill us.

Yes, this country has gotten dumber, I'll be the first to agree. But I put the blame on anyone who won't go past the 2 minute soundbite on the news to get their information and outlook.

OH! Survivor's on! Is our biggest enemy.

Not giving everyone everything they want is not a war on them

But denying them the same rights that everybody else has is.

What war on women?

Wait for it........

There is no war on non-Christians

In this case perhaps "crusade" would have been a better word;-)

Yes, this country has gotten dumber, I'll be the first to agree. But I put the blame on anyone who won't go past the 2 minute soundbite on the news to get their information and outlook. OH! Survivor's on! Is our biggest enemy.

No arguments there. I just wish we had the courage to give ourselves an administration that would make the slightest effort to change that. Instead we've earned one whose solution for improvement is to pray and go shopping <_<

Cya

Cya

98758[/snapback]

Wow, you're not too bitter now are you?

Better a leader like you described than a panty-waisted, treasonous, flip-flopping, gay-lover who would no doubt have raised middle class taxes despite his "promise" not to do so.

See, it can cut both ways the bitterness. So much nicer to be civil, don't you think?

But denying them the same rights that everybody else has is.

Wait for it........

In this case perhaps "crusade" would have been a better word;-)

No arguments there. I just wish we had the courage to give ourselves an administration that would make the slightest effort to change that. Instead we've earned one whose solution for improvement is to pray and go shopping  <_<

Cya

98808[/snapback]

No time to debate now, I'll get back to it. In the meantime, if you can, look up the goals of Al Quaida, and think about the Crusade part.

98610[/snapback]

This is great news indeed. Do you feel that we will now be able to bring down the hammer to a greater extent in Iraq now that the political ramifications of any move made have been removed from the equation?

This is great news indeed.  Do you feel that we will now be able to bring down the hammer to a greater extent in Iraq now that the political ramifications of any move made have been removed from the equation?

98823[/snapback]

I am also interested in seeing how the DPRK reacts. The next couple of weeks will be interesting in that regard.

I am also interested in seeing how the DPRK reacts. The next couple of weeks will be interesting in that regard.

98831[/snapback]

KRC-

Will you receive some kind of printout of the votes you recieved? I always wondered how the Ind's, non-GOP, and non-Dem candidates get word of their results.

This is great news indeed.  Do you feel that we will now be able to bring down the hammer to a greater extent in Iraq now that the political ramifications of any move made have been removed from the equation?

98823[/snapback]

People will want to say that the administration held off so things wouldn't look bad for the election. The reality is, there are strategies that once implemented, can't or shouldn't be stopped and changed in mid-stream. A new administration might or probably would. Everyone knew this election was going to close. Hence, there are probably some things on the back burner waiting for today.

What do I feel? I think the gloves come off.

98831[/snapback]

I know you know "a bit" about N Korea. Do you expect it will be kind of scary-interesting or more fascinating-interesting?

KRC-

Will you receive some kind of printout of the votes you recieved?  I always wondered how the Ind's, non-GOP, and non-Dem candidates get word of their results.

98843[/snapback]

Nope. No printout. I need to hunt down the results. They will be published by someone, at some point, but there is no way to determine when that will happen.

It will be interesting to see if the votes are counted. I have received confirmed votes from across the country and I want to make sure that all of those votes are counted. Unfortunately, there is no way for me to determine if ALL of my votes were counted, but I know of some that I can use as a gauge.

98823[/snapback]

This is what I'm hoping for. The Iron fist in Iraq. Show the "insurgents" what the price of killing Americans is.

Wow, you're not too bitter now are you?

Judging from the plethora of your "classy" posts this morning, I can guarantee you that I'm far less bitter than you would have been had moron#2 got a few more voted in Ohio. Or in your eagerness to bash all that is not exactly like you, did you fail to notice the smiley's in all my posts?

Better a leader like you described than a panty-waisted, treasonous, flip-flopping, gay-lover

Yeah, now if we can just get rid of all these fags, jews and &#33;@#&#036;s, we'll have the kind of America that all us real people can be proud of!

BTW, your boy is one of the biggest pussies I've ever seen in the White House;-)

Cya

I know you know "a bit" about N Korea.  Do you expect it will be kind of scary-interesting or more fascinating-interesting?

98851[/snapback]

Too many variables for me to accurately answer that question. The ball is in the DPRK's court, and it depends on how they play it. It will then depend on how Bush plays it from there.

There are obviously two possible scenarios here:

1) They concede to the pressure from the other parties, and start working with the U.S.

2) They feel that they will not get what they want, and will try more desperate tactics in order to scare Bush into conceding.

My gut reaction has me leaning towards the first, but Bush will need to give the DPRK a way to save face. If Bush keeps playing hardball, expect (1) to turn into (2).

BTW, your boy is one of the biggest pussies I've ever seen in the White House;-)

Were you asleep during Clinton's terms? You wanna talk about pussies in the White House.

"Oh, we got attacked by terrorists. Let's toss a little bomb on them. THAT will get them."

Bush is a lot of things, Simon, but a kitty isn't one of them.

Too many variables for me to accurately answer that question. The ball is in the DPRK's court, and it depends on how they play it. It will then depend on how Bush plays it from there.

There are obviously two possible scenarios here:

1) They concede to the pressure from the other parties, and start working with the U.S.

2) They feel that they will not get what they want, and will try more desperate tactics in order to scare Bush into conceding.

My gut reaction has me leaning towards the first, but Bush will need to give the DPRK a way to save face. If Bush keeps playing hardball, expect (1) to turn into (2).

98869[/snapback]

But I think we can all agree that Kerry's approach to North Korea would have been the most dangerous, no?

But I think we can all agree that Kerry's approach to North Korea would have been the most dangerous, no?

98890[/snapback]

IMO, yes. It would be nothing more than a repeat of the Clinton approach, which is what allowed them to get the nukes in the first place.

Were you asleep during Clinton's terms? You wanna talk about pussies in the White House.

Not sure what Clinton has to do with anything, but yes he was a kitty, too.

Bush is a lot of things, Simon, but a kitty isn't one of them.

We must have different definitions of the term kitty.

Can you name me one single instance where Bush has ever shown any personal grit? And I'm not talking about his empty rhetoric and tough talk from a plush chair.

Can you name me one single instance where Bush has ever shown any personal grit? And I'm not talking about his empty rhetoric and tough talk from a plush chair.

98937[/snapback]

He beat a substance abuse problem. Whatever else you might say about it, it takes some serious cojones to kick an addiction.

He beat a substance abuse problem. Whatever else you might say about it, it takes some serious cojones to kick an addiction.

If that were tha case, I'd give him props for it.

But just because he did some coke, does not mean he was seriously addicted or actually had a substance abuse problem.

There's plenty of people in this world who partied like that in their youth and then quit as they got older. Not all of them were addicts, nor are all of them necessarily tough for simply growing up.

Cya

But just because he did some coke, does not mean he was seriously addicted or actually had a substance abuse problem.

There's plenty of people in this world who partied like that in their youth and then quit as they got older. Not all of them were addicts, nor are all of them necessarily tough for  simply growing up.

Cya

98968[/snapback]

I thought he had an alcohol thing, as well?

There's plenty of people in this world who partied like that in their youth and then quit as they got older. Not all of them were addicts, nor are all of them necessarily tough for  simply growing up.

Cya

98968[/snapback]

He is an admitted alchoholic. He will not drink any at all.

98937[/snapback]

We'll disagree about this forever, Simon, but I will at least answer your question: I think, for better or worse, Bush has shown a crapload of grit since 9/11. Yes, we've had mistakes made, but I believe we're fighting a different war than we've ever fought and I think it's natural that mistakes will be made. What's important is that we recognize the mistakes internally, adjust, and move forward.

We're not fighting a country. We're fighting an idea. In my opinion, that's a tough sell, but he sells this based on his resolve and I'm of the opinion, right or wrong, that it's a war that had to be fought sooner or later. This guy chose to fight it despite how popular it makes him look today. That, to me, displays grit.

(I only brought up Clinton because of your reference to the biggest kitty ever in the White House. I believe Clinton was far and away a much bigger kitty than GW. Much bigger. Clinton, particularly in his second term, was all about the legacy and not about the American people.)

I would hardly call sending kids into battle and then standing back and spouting platitudes like "Bring 'em on" to be the measure of grit. It's nothing more than puffy-chested grandstanding.

And when he chose to fight this war, it was hardly as if he was swimming upstream. He was simply pandering to the lowest common denominator that wanted to see any kind of bloodshed in response to 9/11.

The reason I think he's a kitty is that he's never had to do anything for himself. First he's a deserter while America is at war. Then his daddy gets him out of that and spends the rest of his adult life getting him wahtever 'lil Goergie wants, whether it be a baseball team or political office. Then he spends his life playing tough guy whether it's executing people or pretending he knows how to use an axe on EarthDay or strutting around in flightsuits, all the while cutting combat pay and vetbenefits. Have you ever seen the man in a hospital dealing with the wounded or is he only available to pose with those on their way into combat?

My personal favorite was the clip where he's got this tiny chainsaw with this little 12" bar and he's prancing around trying to cut a 3" branch. When he finally finishes he rips his protective safety goggles off and acts like that's the toughest thing he's ever done in his life. Go get 'em tough guy!!! :D

I can't imagine what these self-righteous, spoiled-rotten chickenhawks will attempt next without the spectre of re-election hovering over them.

Cya

98758[/snapback]

Actually, on the fiscal front they'll be able to finally put forth proposals to slow down the looming SS & healthcare trainwrecks, along with a stronger effort at tax reform.

Actually, on the fiscal front they'll be able to finally put forth proposals to slow down the looming SS & healthcare trainwrecks, along with a stronger effort at tax reform.

Any positive advancements in domestic policy would be a refreshing change indeed.

However I'm hesitant to revel in the thought of a bunch of self-important multi-millionaires and corporate whores making policy that will never affect them and will have a real bearing on the lives of many with whom they have nothing in common and seem to care little for.

However I'm hesitant to revel in the thought of a bunch of self-important multi-millionaires and corporate whores making policy that will never affect them and will have a real bearing on the lives of many with whom they have nothing in common and seem to care little for.

99144[/snapback]

You just described a highly progressive tax code with countless deductions.

You just described a highly progressive tax code with countless deductions.

I'm not sure what your definition of highly progressive is, but do you think this administration is capable of enacting legislation that's best for a country largely made up of shift workers, wage slaves and people still getting paid by the hour?

I'm not sure what your definition of highly progressive is, but do you think this administration is capable of enacting legislation that's best for a country largely made up of shift workers, wage slaves and people still getting paid by the hour?

99249[/snapback]

No...if only because it's Congress' job to enact legislation. :D

Not that the Republican-controlled congress is going to, either. I'd be much happier about this election if the Democrats had gained control of the house or senate while Bush won the White House.

Still...thank God Kerry's foreign policy will never see the light of day.