Thank You All Who Voted

_BiB_

I'm not sure what your definition of highly progressive is, but do you think this administration is capable of enacting legislation that's best for a country largely made up of shift workers, wage slaves and people still getting paid by the hour?

99249[/snapback]

But is this really a country largely made up of that base? I doubt it.

I think that this administration has been far more upfront about the need to reform the tax code and entitlement programs than Kerry's campaign. Kerry's campaign was able to get a lot of mileage on the economy, even though by historic and statistical standards, it's been a nice recovery.

The problem confounding Bush is that there have been no substantial job growth since the recovery began, and there's not much he could do to spin that.

But for the long term, the GOP platfrom of value creation will provide a better alternative than the DEM feel good campaigns that slow down upward mobility.

I'm not sure what your definition of highly progressive is, but do you think this administration is capable of enacting legislation that's best for a country largely made up of shift workers, wage slaves and people still getting paid by the hour?

99249[/snapback]

Nope. It's proven pretty much that it's only capable of selling this country off to the highest bidder. And the worker gets the shaft. Yet we give these people a blank check.

If Bush gets this, I will bet the minimum wage is still $5.15 in '08. Will the grumbling masses figure it out and do something about it then?

I'd be much happier about this election if the Democrats had gained control of the house or senate while Bush won the White House.

The House is a big problem right now, the way the districts are gerrymandered -- it was never in play. It is set up for a Republican dynasty until the people get sick of it. They won't as they are kept just satisfied enough to not do anything about it. And I would have just as big of a problem with this if it were the Democrats doing it. It runs completely counter to this country's values.

But is this really a country largely made up of that base? I doubt it.

Ideally, it wouldn't be. But in reality I think it is. And it seems to me to be trending in the wrong direction.

I get the impression that your neighborhood and my neighborhood are significantly different, which is bound to have an effect on both our perceptions. But I also think that across this country there are a lot more of my neighborhoods than there are yours. It's just that my neighborhood doesn't figure promptly in every GM, IBM and MGM advertisement;-)

Upward mobility is a wonderful ideal but I'm just failing to see the reality of it, regardless of which party is making policy.

Cya

Ideally, it wouldn't be. But in reality I think it is. And it seems to me to be trending in the wrong direction.

I get the impression that your neighborhood and my neighborhood are significantly different, which is bound to have an effect on both our perceptions. But I also think that across this country there are a lot more of my neighborhoods than there are yours. It's just that my neighborhood doesn't figure promptly in every GM, IBM and MGM advertisement;-)

Upward mobility is a wonderful ideal but I'm just failing to see the reality of it, regardless of which party is making policy.

Cya

99405[/snapback]

Personal perspective can cloud the outlook on the society from the other side as well. Class warfare has been a more effective weapon of choice for the DEMs, because the rich (however you want to define the term) are such an easy target.

I'll ask you to look at upward mobility from your perspective. Why in the world would an old fart get the guts to go back to college? I'm sure it wasn't just to oggle at the co-eds.

Your decision had nothing to do with what either administration could provide.

The difference I see in the REP/DEM programs is one party at least is making the move to empower people more and ween them off the government & company boobies.