The 2009 Buffalo Bills season expectation

Romeo

Currently, we have Trent Edwards, T.O., BeastMode Lynch, Lee Evans & Action Jackson. The question is, where do you see the Bills this year?

My PERSONAL belief is the Bills have all the pieces needed to be an Top 3 AFC team, they have an accurate quarterback, a solid running game, amazing receivers and an offensive line that is progressing. The defense, has some work to be done but that all can be fixed and or added through the draft. Also remember the June first cuts will allow us to add some veteran leadership. Derrick Brooks who has played in the "Tampa Two" his entire career would be a great veteran to have in the locker room.

I have often in verbal circles slammed Dick Jauron for being TOO soft in his practice habits with his teams, but I believe this year the pressure to quote un quote "Win one for Ralph" will bring about some much stricter programs than in previous years. As for T.O., he's always in perfect shape. He's never, NEVER attended an off-season physical conditioning program and he has always put up the numbers that make him one of the most feared receivers in the last 20 years.

I like what I see, the question is...what do you see?

Thanks.

Romeo

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome for out thow Romeo....

We've got some weapons on O but our line is NOT progressing. Hell, we don't know whos starting or will be with the team at this point.

I can see us anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6. Its wide open in my opinion.

We have little pass rush at this point. Our LB's are below average as well. Hopefully things will change but we need more talent on the O and D lines.

The good news is the season is a long ways away and we can still make additions.

fingers crossed.

center Geoff Hangartner, tackle Langston Walker are two very good talents that I think will improve this year. I do agree that the Jason Peters dilema makes it tough to determine where our line will be this upcoming year, but I think we will trade peters, draft some good prospects in the draft and add some starters after June 1st.

The D-Line I agree, but we played tough last year. We've added Chambers and Thomas for depth, we've got some very good selections in the draft that I believe we can use to add alot of impact players for this year. But I do agree that the facts are facts, our defense isn't going to be the Ravens in 2009. But our offensive firepower is going to be very hard to keep up with, the question is will Trent "Air it Out"?

I really like Trent, Bill Walsh was very impressed as was Marv Levy. I think it's tough to argue with two of the greatest pure coaches ever. It remains to be seen though, so this year I think it'd be wise if we added a veteran quarterback to push Trent and if needed replace him. Look what Kerry Collins did for the Titans last year(Granted Trent isn't a "Head case") but my point is I think that depth at that position is essential in this league. Cassel, Collins(Both Kerry and Todd) are almost as valuable as the starter these days.

That's my opinion though.

Currently, we have Trent Edwards, T.O., BeastMode Lynch, Lee Evans & Action Jackson. The question is, where do you see the Bills this year?

Welcome to you.

I'm not optimistic based on performance inside the division in 08 and a tougher 09 schedule. I would be happy with a Jaurontastic 7-9 record in 09 but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Oddly enough I know you are going to think I'm crazy, I'm thinking 10-6 or maybe 11-5. I think with our firepower and potential additions throughout the draft, free-agency and through June 1st I believe we can add the pieces that will compliment our offense enough to allow us to be successful agaisnt the Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Titans and Chargers. I honestly see certain teams taking a step back this year on the road to getting better(Miami, NYJ, OAK, JAX and CLV)

My PERSONAL belief is the Bills have all the pieces needed to be an Top 3 AFC team, they have an accurate quarterback, a solid running game, amazing receivers and an offensive line that is progressing. The defense, has some work to be done but that all can be fixed and or added through the draft. Also remember the June first cuts will allow us to add some veteran leadership. Derrick Brooks who has played in the "Tampa Two" his entire career would be a great veteran to have in the locker room.

I have often in verbal circles slammed Dick Jauron for being TOO soft in his practice habits with his teams, but I believe this year the pressure to quote un quote "Win one for Ralph" will bring about some much stricter programs than in previous years. As for T.O., he's always in perfect shape. He's never, NEVER attended an off-season physical conditioning program and he has always put up the numbers that make him one of the most feared receivers in the last 20 years.

I like what I see, the question is...what do you see?

Thanks.

Romeo

Both lines are a mess, we're missing a LB, we have no offensive identity and we play in the AFC East.

7-9... again.

Win one for Ralph... HA!

Have not seen any improvement to the D. Poor against the run and no pass rush. As others have said, the O-Line is a big question mark right now. With out that being fixed, Edwards , Owens, Lynch, and Evans will not be productive.

Aww, Why did it have to happen? I mean seriously c'mon. We went 30 minutes without a comment that you'd hear in the school yard, but then "HA" broke the silence didn't it? Okay well here it is, we have no identity? we were 7-9 last year without T.O., we do have some issues on our lines I agree, but they can be fixed in through the draft and free agency, take a look at the NFL teams from the last 15 years and you'll see plenty of teams that patched their lines for a season.

Sh*t Dallas had the great wall of muthaf***in China and they still missed the Playoffs. It all comes down to your scheme, your coaching, your moral and your depth. Injuries play a part which is why we found ourselves on the outside looking in when it came time for the playoffs. Look at this objectively and with a mind of a seasoned veteran rather than some kid named John John(no offense if there is one on this board, Im sure you grew up to be a civilized person...)throwin' yo mama insults out like we're 12.

So let's be adults here, tone down the intelligence that has you working at McDonald's and move on...

Aww, Why did it have to happen? I mean seriously c'mon. We went 30 minutes without a comment that you'd hear in the school yard, but then "HA" broke the silence didn't it? Okay well here it is, we have no identity? we were 7-9 last year without T.O., we do have some issues on our lines I agree, but they can be fixed in through the draft and free agency, take a look at the NFL teams from the last 15 years and you'll see plenty of teams that patched their lines for a season.

Sh*t Dallas had the great wall of muthaf***in China and they still missed the Playoffs. It all comes down to your scheme, your coaching, your moral and your depth. Injuries play a part which is why we found ourselves on the outside looking in when it came time for the playoffs. Look at this objectively and with a mind of a seasoned veteran rather than some kid named John John(no offense if there is one on this board, Im sure you grew up to be a civilized person...)throwin' yo mama insults out like we're 12.

So let's be adults here, tone down the intelligence that has you working at McDonald's and move on...

The other posters are acting intelligent. I suggest you do the same. In addition to the OL being a mess with no continuity (at least 2 new starters), we have NO pass rush. We also have NO OLB right now and our DL has a hard time stopping the run. Most importantly, how can you say we are solid at QB? Trent played very well at times, but also very bad at times, and he has a penchant for getting injured. He still has a long way to go before I will say we are solid at QB. Finally, we have one of the worst coaching staffs in the league starting with our head coach. I don't think we will win many games there. I hope we start to turn it around, but 6 wins seems about right as I think we are actually worse than last year at the moment as the addition of TO has more than been offset by losses on the OL, at TE and no serious replacements on the DL or at LB. Just stating the facts. Looking through rose colored glasses is fine, by reality needs to be recognized eventually.

Outside of T.O. ... I don't see where we have improved anywhere.

Florence < Greer

Pat Thomas has potential, but we don't know.

Hangartner should be better than Fowler, but we don't have a LG.

We still have no pass catching TE

We have a tougher schedule and Brady is coming back ... I'm assuming that we'll get some more free agents and some rookies who can contribute ... so 7-9 feels right to me.

You suggest I do the same? Really? Okay well here is the intelliegence you suggested. I said SOLID! Not prolific, I even said we should sign or pursue a veteran backup. As for the lines, once again I said we had issues there, but issues with the right decisions could be "patched". As for the coaching staff, I am not a Jauron fan. I will be blunt, honest and just plain upfront about that. But he is a good "football" coach, a manager and a leader he is not.

I have often made the joke about how he would've reacted to the 9/11 attacks, "Anyone could attack us, we just have to move forward and accept that". 6 wins? I hope you didn't suggest the intelligence that made that comment to me. Because if so, o'dear god...The Dolphins will be 6-10 or at best 8-8, the Jets are going to be 6-10 or at best 7-9. The Patriots will be the solid 11-5 to 13-3. I say the Bills have the offensive fire power to be 10-6 to 12-4. That is with the CORRECTIONS I OUTLINED earlier.

So READ carefully and then write back my friend.

ITS MARCH!!!! The F**king draft hasn't even happend yet, June 1st signings, Undrafted Rookies, so of course we will have holes, but the question is the expectation on what we will do with these various avenues of roster improvement.

Will we sign a guy like a Todd Heap, will we draft a TE. Who is going to be available, listen we signed T.O. Ralph wants to bring in as much talent as possible, he wants a "chance". So trust me, trust common sense and believe we will be vocal during this off-season. We already added, a future Hall of Famer who can still dominate, we added a OL with promise and depth at linebacker, the waves come as the tide nears the shore remember that. Right now we just like everyother team in the NFL are out at sea...so wait until we get to the shore to make the waves.

This was an outlook, not a pis**ng contest, once again READ then react.

Let's see how the draft goes before we stamp it. Personally speaking, I am a homer and get suckered every year by our upside.

I agree completely. I hope we can get it done this year, Trent needs to step up and be the leader of this team.

Have not seen any improvement to the D. Poor against the run and no pass rush. As others have said, the O-Line is a big question mark right now. With out that being fixed, Edwards , Owens, Lynch, and Evans will not be productive.

Gotta agree with this. But a big concern remains about Jauron's game planning and game-day decision making. Witness how BB owned him the last home game against the Pats. But you can go ahead and select from several other games with similar poor coaching decisions. I place hope that he is learning from his mistakes and taking a different approach in '09.

Take it easy Romeo...and everyone.

Romeo, in the above post, what/who were you referring to? I didn't think anyone said anything that resembled a schoolyard comment...

I would say you should use the quote and reply features if you're going to take exception to something someone else posted. If not, confusion reigns and acrimony flies.

As far as the topic goes I think you're being a bit optimistic. But who cares? It's still March.