Preston to Green Bay

JoeF

Duke Preston-C- Packers Mar. 26 - 9:23 pm et

The Packers agreed to terms with G/C Duke Preston.

Ted Thompson signed a free agent! Preston started 11 games at center for the Bills last season, but he also has plenty of experience at guard. He has a size and athleticism advantage over incumbent center Scott Wells.

Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Related: Scott Wells, Bills

:D

Last time I checked there wasn't a single NFL player whom Preston had an advantage against in the "athleticism" category.

Good riddance Duke. Your arrival will surely place grimaces square upon many a Packer fan's face.

Oh no!

Oh wait... I don't give a schitt. Nice knowin ya. Hope you don't snap the ball up your ass-crack when it's supposed to be shotgun again.

Man, I had forgotten that horrid play. Why did you remind me.

Actually, thinking of that one play, makes me almost glad he's gone. I had figured he would be retained for depth...but that play...ugh.

Actually, thinking of that one play, makes me almost glad he's gone. I had figured he would be retained for depth...but that play...ugh.

That play marks the exact spot when I officially gave up on last season.

The Raiders had him in earlier in the offseason. They opted not to sign Preston, but rather to surrender a draft pick for Samson Satele, whom had been deemed unfit starter material by the Parcells-Sparano regime. Resounding praise. The fact of the matter is that outside of experience, Preston really offers very little to a roster. Id rather go into the season with a late round pick as our backup Center than the Duke. At least there'd be some hope we'd be surprised. The only surprises Preston provides are unpleasant ones. His reputation was that he was an intelligent player but after that end-of-half debacle its fairly obvious that trait doesn't appear on gameday. He never got arrested or jawed off to the media. Good for him. Best of luck maybe the Pack can find something in him that we couldn't.

But Im definitely looking forward to hearing a Center's name called on draft day.

That play marks the exact spot when I officially gave up on last season.

It was unreal. It was so ridiculous. I was actually embarrassed despite being at home watching it on TV. That image is the epitomy of how are season went.

But Im definitely looking forward to hearing a Center's name called on draft day.

A bolt of lightening has to land somewhere and I think all Bills fans hope that a lightening bolt (or a couple) will hit our OL will not only stabilize but even improve. The draft cracks me up though as the hopes of us rabid fans always springs eternal and haven drank the Kool-Aid fed to us by Mel Kiper and the folks at ESPN and the addiction many of us have to fantasy football folks seem to be counting on the draft to contribute a lot to the 09 season.

Yeah, the fact is this could happen. but the Jets hitting the jackpot a few years back getting starting OL players D'Brick and Mangold in the first round seems to make folks feel like this is the norm. This bolt of lightening is actual the rarity and the simple fact is teams can just as easily get a Mike Williams at #4 who proves to be a bust (lest you think it was just Bills stupidity he actually was not the big disappointment in that draft as Harrington selected just before Williams also failed the team which drafted him. In addition, it was not even that the Bills cannot evaluate OL talent as the best LT from that draft class was not even the consensus second choice, the troubled (but hanging in there with the team who drafted him despite him not setting the world on fire) McKinnie was not even the best LT in that draft.

At any rate, last time I exhaustively checked a couple of years back even in what was considered a pretty strong class only a hair over 50% of the players taken in the first round were first on their team's depth chart the next year.

All of those who expect this team to get a player who will start next year from this draft are likely in for a rude awakening. The simple occurrence is that a team may possibly find a starter in the draft but for every Williams you find in round 5 there often is a bust like McCargo taken in round 1. We rabid fans simply place too much stock in the draft. It may work out but then one might get hit by lightning as well.