not all bills need night life

AP report on the floods in ND-Not far away, near a home in south Fargo, Phil Hansen handled sandbags as easily as Addy.

Hansen grew up in North Dakota, then went on to play pro football for the Buffalo Bills. In his playing days, Hansen teamed with Bruce Smith to form one of the NFL's best pass-rushing duos.

On Tuesday, Hansen's mouth was bloody from the work.

"I bit my tongue, and I haven't stopped bleeding for two hours," said Hansen, who now lives in nearby Detroit Lakes, Minn. "It feels good to help, though." :thumbsup:

From today's Buffalo Snooze...

link - In race against river, Fargo pulls together

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah. The 90's Bills.

Sigh.

He was terrific! To this day, I don't see very many DE's chasing down an end run downfield like PH did every time! IMO, he's all alone as the second best DE in team history!

Ah. The DIB avatars.

Sigh.

"I can do whatever I want dipshit "

So can Hansen, he is not obliged to stop by a table of fat losers and act like he gives a sh&t abouyt what you are eating.

Fat losers huh?...So tell me.....whats your workout routine for those computer muscles tough guy?

Well...back in 1999 there were about 20 of us who made the trip to Cincinnati for a December game. On the Saturday night before the game we went to a local eating establishment to fill our stomachs before a night of heavy drinking. Well, we are all there (all of us sporting Bills paraphernalia) sitting at 2 tables and in walks Hansen, Lingner, and 2 other Bills whom I cannot recall. Well, don't Lingner, and the 2 other Bills stop by our table and say hi, ask us where we are from and thank us for supporting the team on the road. Hansen, well shot us a look, kept walking and sat down by himself. I know, not the biggest reason to label him a jerk, nonetheless, I felt it was classless considering the other 3 did stop. I just felt like it was a bit arrogant.

I'll tell you a story about how I met Darryl Talley when I was a kid. He was at the McKinley mall with his wife and me being an avid Bills fan I pegged him right away. I had a bills coat and hat on and approached him for his autograph. He just put his hand up and told me to stop where I was, he didn't have time. At 30, I might have been more understanding but at 10? F that guy. He was almost as rude as Steve Tasker when I met him. He plays golf at a course I used to work on. Me being a caucasion of average size and build, I thought the world of Tasker. A small white guy who was a star on special teams and an all around great player. A few years ago he wrote a book, that I read and approached him on the course to tell him I loved the book. I was behind the 4th green and I waited until he sunk his putt to approach him. The conversation went like this.

Me: Hey Steve, I just wanted to say how much I appreciated you as a player for the Bills. I'm a die hard.

Steve:

Me: I just finished the book you wrote and thought it was great. Alot of insight about what was going on on the sidelines back when you played.

Steve:

Then he got on his cart and drove off.

Both are true stories. I won't even begin to tell you about my run ins with mr. fat@ss himself, Jason Peters.... It is my experience that most players are big jerks. I tend to keep to myself around athletes.

Well...back in 1999 there were about 20 of us who made the trip to Cincinnati for a December game. On the Saturday night before the game we went to a local eating establishment to fill our stomachs before a night of heavy drinking. Well, we are all there (all of us sporting Bills paraphernalia) sitting at 2 tables and in walks Hansen, Lingner, and 2 other Bills whom I cannot recall. Well, don't Lingner, and the 2 other Bills stop by our table and say hi, ask us where we are from and thank us for supporting the team on the road. Hansen, well shot us a look, kept walking and sat down by himself. I know, not the biggest reason to label him a jerk, nonetheless, I felt it was classless considering the other 3 did stop. I just felt like it was a bit arrogant.

Let's see...you walk into a restaurant and there are a bunch of drunk guys sitting at a table and all you want is a quiet meal. You don't say anything to them, interfere with their meal or drink but go sit at your table. The drunks don't get up and come over and introduce themselves but think YOU are obligated to come to their table...and you are the jerk because you didn't come to their table? :thumbsup:

Let's see...you walk into a restaurant and there are a bunch of drunk guys sitting at a table and all you want is a quiet meal. You don't say anything to them, interfere with their meal or drink but go sit at your table. The drunks don't get up and come over and introduce themselves but think YOU are obligated to come to their table...and you are the jerk because you didn't come to their table? :censored:

I am fully convinced the reading level on TBD is intermediate at best!

Fat losers huh?...So tell me.....whats your workout routine for those computer muscles tough guy?

You want my workout routine?

Anything else, like my eating habits, work schedule. Just let me know, I will file a complete report for you.

Fair enough ... his behavior at that point lacked class. A friendly hello would have been respectful.

I will tell a nice story about a Bills player. I met a nice couple at a bar here in CT in November, we were discussing football and I mentioned I was a Bills fan- and it turns out their son is great friends with Blake Costanza and Blake is like a second son to this family. I heard a few good stories about Blake, and they stressed what a great kid Blake is. Fast forward to about two months ago. Out of the blue I got a very cool autographed Bills cap sent to me from Blake and it is hanging on my wall. Not all football players are !@#$s

So friggin what!!!!

Maybe he's a jerk, and maybe he's not.....but this certainly is no evidence of either.

As a player, Phil was very, very good.