Lynch won't be suspended in my view

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I am not 100% convinced he gets suspended either, but it has nothing to do with the game on Monday night.

I am just not so sure his incident is going to be enough to garner a suspension given he wasn't doing anything at the time of his arrest. I am not saying he wont get suspended, I am just dont think its a certainty.

He WAS doing something. He was in a car filled with marijuana smoke. Whether or not he was smoking, he was with guys who were smoking, and that is just the kind of bad publicity that the NFL deals with with suspensions.

I'm not sure either, but the odds have got to strongly favor a suspension.

He WAS doing something. He was in a car filled with marijuana smoke. Whether or not he was smoking, he was with guys who were smoking, and that is just the kind of bad publicity that the NFL deals with with suspensions.

I'm not sure either, but the odds have got to strongly favor a suspension.

Now the car was "filled" with marijuana smoke? :rolleyes:

I'm still on record - he already said he's really sorry, and there'll be no suspension...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

That, actually, is my biggest concern in this whole thing: You...on the record.

Lynch is doomed!

No chance he gets out of this without a suspension. Second run in in one year, he has to be disciplined. I agree that by itself it is fairly minor, but the fact its his second, he's up chit creek.

Hope Jackson can carry the load that first game, the running game should definelty open up with Owens and Evans on the field.

The one positive I see in this game, like Chris Brown said yesterday, the Pats have no film to gameplan around. I hope the Bills put it all on the line...if we could beat the Pats on Monday night, that would be nice!!!

They have the games from last season to look at. They can ignore any plays with Lynch and go from there.

The Commish can announce a suspension, but the NFLPA will surely fight to get it reduced. And they'll use the same arguments I've been using, i.e. that the DA had a month to fully investigate last year's incident and could only find enough to charge Lynch with a traffic ticket, the pot allegations were just that and Lynch has never tested positive in the past, and a gun in his trunk isn't harming anyone, and is no different than a player getting stopped for DUI a first time.

The Commish can announce a suspension, but the NFLPA will surely fight to get it reduced. And they'll use the same arguments I've been using, i.e. that the DA had a month to fully investigate last year's incident and could only find enough to charge Lynch with a traffic ticket, the pot allegations were just that and Lynch has never tested positive in the past, and a gun in his trunk isn't harming anyone, and is no different than a player getting stopped for DUI a first time.

I think those are good arguments, but they may very well be already taken into consideration when the suspension comes down. In other words, this is only a two game suspension, and not more, because of what you discussed.

Also, don't forget that they will also consider Lynch's hit and run, in this matter and that he has an unregistered gun. The Commish may very well decide Lynch needs to learn a lesson that he didn't learn after the hit-and-run.

I think those are good arguments, but they may very well be already taken into consideration when the suspension comes down. In other words, this is only a two game suspension, and not more, because of what you discussed.

Also, don't forget that they will also consider Lynch's hit and run, in this matter and that he has an unregistered gun. The Commish may very well decide Lynch needs to learn a lesson that he didn't learn after the hit-and-run.

What Lynch needed to learn from last year's incident was admitting his involvement from the beginning. He did that in this case. So he learned his lesson. And again, having the gun in his trunk isn't even as bad as being caught DUI (without injuring anyone, of course). How many loaded guns injure people in the trunk of a car versus when people drive under the influence?

What would he be suspended for? What were the ultimate charges of this incident and the Hit and Run? IIRC, both were minimal, if even non-existent "criminal charges." Seems to me that the league isn't in the business of suspending its players based on unsubstantial evidence, as damining as it might be to a player's image..

Seriously, do you expect the commissioner is going to suspend Lynch for the season opener on MNF against freaking NE no less?? The odds are already stacked high, could the NFL be even crueler and take Lynch away from us? I don't think they'll do it.

Wishful thinking but he will be suspended my hunch is two games. Lynch hurt the team with his behavior and that is something that hopefully causes him to change for the better in the future.

What would he be suspended for? What were the ultimate charges of this incident and the Hit and Run? IIRC, both were minimal, if even non-existent "criminal charges." Seems to me that the league isn't in the business of suspending its players based on unsubstantial evidence, as damining as it might be to a player's image..

Actually ...

It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful.

Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime.