TO and 4 backups, that sums up the Bills FA....Are you satisfied?

Don't get me wrong, i love the pickup of TO.....But now time has gone by and it's settiled in, and I dont see how this team is much better than last year.

With or without Peters, our offensive line is very suspect. They cut Dockery and they had no center on the roster, and all they've done is bring in this Hangartner guy..I'm not very confident in the whole line. If you are going to cut Dockery, then get someone in here BETTER than Dockery. If not don't make another hole on your roster that you cant fill, when you arent getting much salary cap relief by releasing him.

Pre Crowell injury which was a few days before the season, a LB core last year of Crowell, Poz and Mitchell is better than Poz, Mitchell and ?Thomas? I feel LB is a glaring need of this team. Especially with the Def Line the Bills have. And they havent done anything at DE either. Who is getting to the QB on this roster?

I'd also take Jabari Greer over Florence...And im not sure it's that close. Greer was their best cornerback last year.

Royal wasn't great, but he was better than what they have now...By the way, what is with the Bills and TE's? Why can't they ever get a decent option at the position?

Their 1st and 2nd round picks in the draft should help 2 of the areas of need. Unless they draft another Hardy or McCargo...

Even at QB, i'm no fan of Losman at all, but i think i'd rather have him than Fitzpatrick...At least he'd be able to throw up air balls to TO and Evans all day if Trent got hurt...

The question is....Is TO and basically nothing else, leaving all the holes they have left unfilled, a successful year in FA? or would they have been better off without 1 year of TO, and instead getting a LB and C in here, and adding a Galloway or Toomer at WR. I feel if they were serious about improving the team, especially after they lured TO in to a 1 year deal, they would have went and signed a Crowell and maybe a Birk and really took a run at it this year. As they stand now, i see TO as a 1 year distraction to the fans as the team settles for another .500 season

Don't get me wrong, i love the pickup of TO.....But now time has gone by and it's settiled in, and I dont see how this team is much better than last year.

With or without Peters, our offensive line is very suspect. They cut Dockery and they had no center on the roster, and all they've done is bring in this Hangartner guy..I'm not very confident in the whole line. If you are going to cut Dockery, then get someone in here BETTER than Dockery. If not don't make another hole on your roster that you cant fill, when you arent getting much salary cap relief by releasing him.

Pre Crowell injury which was a few days before the season, a LB core last year of Crowell, Poz and Mitchell is better than Poz, Mitchell and ?Thomas? I feel LB is a glaring need of this team. Especially with the Def Line the Bills have. And they havent done anything at DE either. Who is getting to the QB on this roster?

I'd also take Jabari Greer over Florence...And im not sure it's that close. Greer was their best cornerback last year.

Royal wasn't great, but he was better than what they have now...By the way, what is with the Bills and TE's? Why can't they ever get a decent option at the position?

Their 1st and 2nd round picks in the draft should help 2 of the areas of need. Unless they draft another Hardy or McCargo...

Even at QB, i'm no fan of Losman at all, but i think i'd rather have him than Fitzpatrick...At least he'd be able to throw up air balls to TO and Evans all day if Trent got hurt...

The question is....Is TO and basically nothing else, leaving all the holes they have left unfilled, a successful year in FA? or would they have been better off without 1 year of TO, and instead getting a LB and C in here, and adding a Galloway or Toomer at WR. I feel if they were serious about improving the team, especially after they lured TO in to a 1 year deal, they would have went and signed a Crowell and maybe a Birk and really took a run at it this year. As they stand now, i see TO as a 1 year distraction to the fans as the team settles for another .500 season

the Bills generally go for yound vets in free agency, guys that may not have been superstars elsewhere. Hangartner was a starter for a play off team last year. Florence was a big free agent signing last off season, did he drop off that much or was he in the wrong situation? The linebacker position wasn't imporved much but depth was added. fitzpatrick, i think everybody would take over JP. He was horrible as a back up last year. Things is this is what the Bills do every year, so i am as excited as I would be every year. The T.O. signing is exciting and adds to the optimism of the team.

And fact we still have a draft, we ar ementioned in a couple trade possibilities, (Scheffler from Denv. and Watter from KC). Rumors swirl about a couple of our current players, Parrish and Peters. and we still have the draft. This off season is far from over.

Sure, the T.O. pick up made for great media and one-year excitement for Buffalo fans such as myself. And, for that, I'm happy; otherwise, Buffalo really hasn't done anything this offseason. I do like Hangartner for his versatility but only as a backup or short-term spot starter on the offensive line. Sure, Fitzpatrick is an upgrade over Losman, but Fitzpatrick does not bring any competition or veteran leadership/playoff experience to the quarterback spot. Before, T.O. was picked up by Buffalo, Jeff Garcia or Byron Leftwich would have been better pickups at QB.

Lastly, the Florence signing was a little pricey for a nickel corner. And, I'm not sure why Buffalo management gets excited that they have the greatest depth of all-time for either backup or practice squad/special team linebackers such as Ellison, Buggs, (now, Thomas) Constanzo, etc.

The offseason will be good when Buffalo signs a quality linebacker such as Keiaho or June as a starter and also picks up a starting caliber OG to a 2 year contract such as Goff from San Diego to temporarily take over Dockery's spot until a young guard can be groomed into the role.

Then, draft only OL/DL/TE/S; otherwise, don't touch any other positions.

I couldn’t agree with you more...most games are won or lost in the trenches and we haven’t even begun to address any of our weaknesses except WR with TO. Yes we have signed a few 2nd and 3 rd tier players. But we need starters..

I can’t believe we let Crowell ( 140 +/- tackles in ’07..) get away and then turn around and sign Thomas? Why not Keiaho or Cato June?

After watching this team malfunction the last few years, I am convinced the FO has no clue on how to win and we go another year with a loosing coach.. ouch

Ha, ha. There are some certainties to the Bills winning or losing this year. Any defensinve coordinator would much likely go after the QB in our offense than to try and cover all the possible receivers. Our O-line has to be solid. I remember last year there were a few games Trent looked as if he couldn't throw more than five yards, he was so shell shocked. And you could tell the coordinator was reluctant to call much. There definately has to be a solid line this year.

I would shore up both lines as a priority this year, for Trent, and because we all got a glimpse at what it takes to beat N.E. when Brady is in the game.

hangartner is a starter, he started for that good carolina running game. So two starters. but we do only have enough money left under the cap for our draft, so, maybe we couldnt afford any more. I think we tried to get a OLB but none had the right price

I have a strong suspicion that a non-bills fan has snuck into Two Bills Drive to antogonize us. Notice how this person consistantly refers to the bills as "they"or "their" or "this team" or "this roster". I couldn't find anywhere where the person actually uses the words "us" our "our team". Here are some examples:

"And they havent done anything at DE either. Who is getting to the QB on this roster?

Greer was their best cornerback last year.

Their 1st and 2nd round picks in the draft should help 2 of the areas of need. Unless they draft another Hardy or McCargo..."

I agree with some of the points but there are two that bother me.

1. "And they havent done anything at DE either. Who is getting to the QB on this roster?

How many teams in the NFL that you know of have made big moves for DE thus far in the off-season? There haven't been many yet. The O.S. in barely even close to being done. There's still a draft coming up that is stacked with good DE's.

2. "Even at QB, i'm no fan of Losman at all, but i think i'd rather have him than Fitzpatrick...At least he'd be able to throw up air balls to TO and Evans all day if Trent got hurt..."

I think most of us can agree that Fitzpatrick is no worse than Losman, he may even be a better back-up. I'd rather have him than Losman. Losman was aweful the last 2 years. He would be able to throw the ball all day to TO & Evans. He couldn't even throw the balls for 20 minutes of the day. Fitz may not be as athletically gifted as Losman but he is a much better decision maker.

:thumbsup:

I am as frustrated as the next guy on a couple of guys that are available that have not been signed.....but I also dont agree with most of what you said here.......

Hangarter looks to be a solid run blocker center who can also play guard....I have no problem with this signing when you consider who we were using in the past. I fault the front office for not signing another OL guard due to the fact that we cut our starting LG......Kendall Simmons or Mike Goff would seem to be a priority to me. One thing to consider though is they might like one of their young players already for that spot. I would still bring in another veteran. I have no problem with Hangarter

I cant believe that we are finished in the LB area.......I am hoping that we will still bring in Cato June who can only sign wiht a team like us given the system we play.

I am not ready to throw in the towel yet for this next year....but I am VERY nervous at this point.

I still see too many holes on this team. I don't think that they can fill all of them in the draft, so hopefully there will be some more FA signings ... I'm not panicing ... yet

I agree that they need to pick up a Running back. Ol and LB are very thin. No problem with the signings to date.

I agree that they need to pick up a Running back. Ol and LB are very thin. No problem with the signings to date.

I think the signings all fill needs and I have no problems, and they did get an impact player in Owens which should help the offense ... I would still like to see some veteran O-Line and LB help. I think that we can get a pass rusher and receiving TE in the draft, but we still need a starting LG. RB I think can be had in the draft ...

No, that's the problem RIP, i am a Bills fan...A huge one. But i am disgusted with this team over the past 10 years. In a salary cap league there is no reason a team should go 10 years without making the playoffs.

I have a strong suspicion that a non-bills fan has snuck into Two Bills Drive to antogonize us. Notice how this person consistantly refers to the bills as "they"or "their" or "this team" or "this roster". I couldn't find anywhere where the person actually uses the words "us" our "our team". Here are some examples:

"And they havent done anything at DE either. Who is getting to the QB on this roster?

Greer was their best cornerback last year.

Their 1st and 2nd round picks in the draft should help 2 of the areas of need. Unless they draft another Hardy or McCargo..."

I agree with some of the points but there are two that bother me.

1. "And they havent done anything at DE either. Who is getting to the QB on this roster?

How many teams in the NFL that you know of have made big moves for DE thus far in the off-season? There haven't been many yet. The O.S. in barely even close to being done. There's still a draft coming up that is stacked with good DE's.

2. "Even at QB, i'm no fan of Losman at all, but i think i'd rather have him than Fitzpatrick...At least he'd be able to throw up air balls to TO and Evans all day if Trent got hurt..."

I think most of us can agree that Fitzpatrick is no worse than Losman, he may even be a better back-up. I'd rather have him than Losman. Losman was aweful the last 2 years. He would be able to throw the ball all day to TO & Evans. He couldn't even throw the balls for 20 minutes of the day. Fitz may not be as athletically gifted as Losman but he is a much better decision maker.

<_<

John, how can you say that you don't agree with most of what i said, but then say you fault the team for not signing a Guard, and then a LB. That is EXACTLY what I said.

I feel the same as you, you just named the names of the guys available. But my point is that Cato June, Goff or Simmons are NOT on the Bills roster...Neither is Crowell, Keiaho, Peterson, or any other player they brought in for a visit. They havent done enough to make the team a playoff team.

I am as frustrated as the next guy on a couple of guys that are available that have not been signed.....but I also dont agree with most of what you said here.......

Hangarter looks to be a solid run blocker center who can also play guard....I have no problem with this signing when you consider who we were using in the past. I fault the front office for not signing another OL guard due to the fact that we cut our starting LG......Kendall Simmons or Mike Goff would seem to be a priority to me. One thing to consider though is they might like one of their young players already for that spot. I would still bring in another veteran. I have no problem with Hangarter

I cant believe that we are finished in the LB area.......I am hoping that we will still bring in Cato June who can only sign wiht a team like us given the system we play.

I am not ready to throw in the towel yet for this next year....but I am VERY nervous at this point.

None of those guys (Goff, Simmons, or June) are on anyone elses roster either. Its just like an other object for sale. I know that sounds callous, because we are talking about humans. But the longer something sits available, the more affordable it becomes. And i am sure those guys have recieved offers from some teams. And are maybe hoping a better offer will come in. Chances are it wont and then they will accept the best one they can get. But not before calling all the teams interested in them and giving them an update. The Bills will have a chance to sign anyone of those guys if they want them.

Hangartner isn't a backup he is a starter now for us. He proved in the action he saw last year he was capable of playing everydown. Its a very similar scenerio to Micheal Turner . He was a back up at S.D. for Thomlinson. So do you think he isn't any good? Atlanta saw enough of him to know he was a starter, but stuck behind another player that was very good too. Once Turner got his chance he played great.

Florence is not a replacement for Greer. People who think that are totally off base. Florence is a nickel back. McKelvin replaces Greer. And Florence will be very good vetran depth and experience in the secondary. And he was picked up for relatively cheap too.

To me they have not done a bad job so far this offseason..

1. TO...nuff said

2. Starting Center in Hangartner

3. Backup QB to replace J.P. who got plenty of playing time last year..ask TJ Houshmandzadah

4. Increased the interest in the Bills by fans and national media and sold some tickets in the process

So far so good. I have to give the GM Brandon some love so far

If they sign Peters, and I think they will before training camp starts, this will be a pretty good offseason

Plus we have the draft next month to upgrade the D-line , TE and O-line.

Cant wait for the draft.....the real way to upgrade your team

According to this writer for the Cincinnati Enquirer, there are a lot of cap changes this year that can affect player movements:

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009030...0415/1066/SPT02

I'd add that the comp picks get handed out this week. While those aren't tradable, some teams will gain some trade flexibility with their regular picks.

Maybe that will spur some action.