Jets trying to acquire Cutler- bad news for the division

He has been atrocious when they needed him most. You couldn't have any more clear cut must win games than what he had last year.

Three games to go, All they needed was one win. It was an epic meltdown not just from the Broncos, but from their supposed leader. I am not just opinionating, but I am stating facts, he had three of his more mediocre games of the year during that stretch.

And for the last time THREE GAMES DONT MAKE A CAREER! Let it go dude...your use of terms like "epic meltdown" are hilarious...especially since its only his second year as a starter and he lost all his RB's going into that stretch, so the D's geared up to stop Cutler even more and his D gave up 112 points in those 3 games...

Nearly 900 yards, 4 TD's and 4 INT's does not in any way equal an "epic meltdown". If it does, then Trent Edwards career would be all but over because he had a 3T D 10 Turnover performance in a crucial 4 game stretch that ended our playoff hopes. In those 4 games, he had a rating of under 70 three times, and 2 at or under 50. He didnt passed for less than 800 yards in those 4 games too...Thats EPIC...but does that mean Trent cant get better? Of course not...same goes for Cutler.

Your total homer response I know is that Trent is young, these games werent as important and whatever other excuse you keep making for trent but not Cutler. Truth is, Cutler is young too in case you didnt notice.

And you want to downplay the significance of Trents 4 game stretch saying none were "must win", well the Cle game pretty much was...but the comical thing is the ONLY must win game for Cutler was the last game of the season...the other two were imortant, just like three HORRID games Trent put up to start our divisional games, but ONLY the last game was a must win...

Did Cutler have his best games...NO, but geezus dude, you so dramatically over state this as if he did it in the Super Bowl or even all season. He has tons of upside...The defense also gave up 112 points in 3 games...you WONT win many games like that.

10 teams have called wanting the guy, he must be doing something right...and I assure you those teams know more about him and football than any of us do and study game film...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go again Magox...if you are going to bash the guy, at least give him his proper stats...he accounted for 4TD's and 4INTs during your fabled 3 game stretch, yet you contstantly report 2. He had over 350 yards passing and 2 rushing TD's against us...

He is also the 2nd highest rated QB in the NFL during the 4th quarter in his 2 seasons as a starter...he is also amongst the higherst rated QB's when the game is within 16 points...his QB rating drops heavily when his team is down more than 16 points and it accounts for MOST of his turnovers...

What this tells me is that he tries to do too much when playing with a big deficit...probably forces too many throws trying to get his team back in the game...but when the game is close (within 16 points) he has been pretty good and very consistent.

And for the last time, if you are going stomp your feet about how young Trent is, you gotta do the same for Cutler. He has only 2 seasons under his belt as a full time starter, has seen his #1 wideout miss games, lost every RB he had on his roster, and has had to CARRY the team as the defense was amongst the worst in the league.

And Shannahan gets too much credit for Cutler...its been a while since he was considered an offensive genius, and he is better known for making RB's into studs, not QB's...in fact, he failed with everyone but Elway, and he didnt make Elway. In fact, Elway got his ring because Shannahan brought a dominant running game in the name of Terrell Davis.

His decision making WILL get better with experience, and he is already a better decision maker than Trent who turns the ball over at a rate of more than 48% more than Cutler...

I hate to correct you. Actually I don't.

here you go

Week 15 '08 (@CAR) 74.3qb rating 1 td 1 int

Week 16 '08 (BUF) 72.4qb rating 0 td 1 int

Week 17 '08 (@SDG) 74.9qb rating 1 td 2 int

as I said, 2 td's 4 int'.s

check for yourself http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7760

no fable

Fact

This thread is about Cutler, and I just added what most reasonable people think.

your the one who has got to let it go.

I hate to correct you. Actually I don't.

here you go

Week 15 '08 (@CAR) 74.3qb rating 1 td 1 int

Week 16 '08 (BUF) 72.4qb rating 0 td 1 int

Week 17 '08 (@SDG) 74.9qb rating 1 td 2 int

as I said, 2 td's 4 int'.s

check for yourself http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7760

no fable

Fact

This thread is about Cutler, and I just added what most reasonable people think.

your the one who has got to let it go.

What is with your insistance to manipulate stats to make your point...Cutler threw for over 350 yards and ran for 2 TD's agianst...despite telling you this several times in several threads, you continuously ignore it...

That equals 4 TD's and 4 INT's with nearly 900 yards in 3 games...

and that is light years better than trents 4 TD (includes one rushing) and 10 Turnover stretch over 4 games for less than 800 yards...

What is with your insistance to manipulate stats to make your point...Cutler threw for over 350 yards and ran for 2 TD's agianst...despite telling you this several times in several threads, you continuously ignore it...

That equals 4 TD's and 4 INT's with nearly 900 yards in 3 games...

and that is light years better than trents 4 TD (includes one rushing) and 10 Turnover stretch over 4 games for less than 800 yards...

Alpha, your too much.

it is 2 td's and 4 int's (thrown)

there you go again, bringing in Trent. :thumbsup:

I told you that you have this bizarre obsession to constantly bring him into the conversation. Give it a rest. This thread is about Cutler. Half the board like's him, half of them don't.

You are not going to convince me otherwise. This is my opinion. I don't see why you believe you have to try to change people's view.

Really man, this obsessive behavior you have is amazing. Once again, this thread is about Cutler.

I don't like him. I believe he is a loser. OK ? Is that all right with you that I have my own opinion?

Have you noticed, how just about every post you make is in response to argue with someone? Rarely do you just state your opinion or view, but in how you have to show how you are right and that the other person is wrong.

So give it a rest.

:thumbsup:

Thank you...I mean really huh Bizell...lmao...

And Magox, you are the only one on a crusade here...you are so obsessed with propping up Trent that you are on some kind of crusade to grossly exaggerate and discredit Cutler to make Trent look better...its actually pretty funny...

The funniest part about this whole thing is that all this stuff you do in this topic of conversation:

1. You ignore 2 SCORED TD's in Cutlers game against the Bills which brings his 3 game peroformance to 4 TD's, and 4 INT's, with almost 900 yards passing. You act as if he didnt lead those drives and those TD's dont count...lame

2. You want to down play Trents way worse 4 game stretch as if they were not that important (when they ended our playoff chances),

3. You want to play up the 3 games at the end of the Broncos as if they were all must win, when the only one that was a MUST win was the last one.

4. You want to call a nearly 900 yard 4 TD with only 4 INTs as "an epic failure" when it was clearly not espcially considering he was only in his second year as a starter.

5. You constantly ignore the fact that Cutler is the second highest rated passer in the 4th quarter the last 2 years, and had over a 94 QB rating in the 4th qtr last year with 11 TD's, and only 4 INT's. But of course you ignore it because it dispells you argument that he doesnt get it done when it counts.

6. You blatantly ignore the fact that he is one of highest rated passers when the game is tied or within 16 points, which again dispells the fact that he isnt any good when it counts.

7. He has several come back wins...in fact here is an article talking about that very thing this year...

LINK

Here is the summary:

Jay Cutler lead the Denver Broncos back from a 17-7 first half deficit, throwing a six-yard touchdown pass with 10:15 left in the game in a 24-17 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs.

The Broncos (8-5) maintained a three game lead in the AFC West, and can clinch with a win or a Chargers’ loss next week.

Cutler completed 32-of-40 passes for 286 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. The Bronco quarterback led the offense on a 12-play 98-yard drive to score the game-winning touchdown. Cutler has led the Broncos on three fourth-quarter comebacks in the last five weeks.

I mean, come on, no offense, but you are completely ridiculous in how you condem Cutler for things (most of which is unfounded, and I am starting to think you havent really watched him play outside the Bills game) but then you turn around and make excuses for Trent for the same things...

I found this info too, again showing the fact that Cutlers record is directly tied to the defense:

Jay Cutler Winning % based on what the Bronco Defense gives up in points.

Points Allowed --- record

0-22 ---- 12-1

23-29 --- 2-6

30-34 --- 2-6

35-39 --- 1-2

40+ --- 0-5

Total --- 17-20

I think this is pretty evident that his problems with winning % has more to do with the Defense and less to do with Cutler and you cant blame Cutler for that. Holding a team under 23 points really is not much to ask for...

:worthy:

Thank you...I mean really huh Bizell...lmao...

And Magox, you are the only one on a crusade here...you are so obsessed with propping up Trent that you are on some kind of crusade to grossly exaggerate and discredit Cutler to make Trent look better...its actually pretty funny...

The funniest part about this whole thing is that all this stuff you do in this topic of conversation:

1. You ignore 2 SCORED TD's in Cutlers game against the Bills which brings his 3 game peroformance to 4 TD's, and 4 INT's, with almost 900 yards passing. You act as if he didnt lead those drives and those TD's dont count...lame

2. You want to down play Trents way worse 4 game stretch as if they were not that important (when they ended our playoff chances),

3. You want to play up the 3 games at the end of the Broncos as if they were all must win, when the only one that was a MUST win was the last one.

4. You want to call a nearly 900 yard 4 TD with only 4 INTs as "an epic failure" when it was clearly not espcially considering he was only in his second year as a starter.

5. You constantly ignore the fact that Cutler is the second highest rated passer in the 4th quarter the last 2 years, and had over a 94 QB rating in the 4th qtr last year with 11 TD's, and only 4 INT's. But of course you ignore it because it dispells you argument that he doesnt get it done when it counts.

6. You blatantly ignore the fact that he is one of highest rated passers when the game is tied or within 16 points, which again dispells the fact that he isnt any good when it counts.

7. He has several come back wins...in fact here is an article talking about that very thing this year...

LINK

Here is the summary:

Jay Cutler lead the Denver Broncos back from a 17-7 first half deficit, throwing a six-yard touchdown pass with 10:15 left in the game in a 24-17 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs.

The Broncos (8-5) maintained a three game lead in the AFC West, and can clinch with a win or a Chargers’ loss next week.

Cutler completed 32-of-40 passes for 286 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. The Bronco quarterback led the offense on a 12-play 98-yard drive to score the game-winning touchdown. Cutler has led the Broncos on three fourth-quarter comebacks in the last five weeks.

I mean, come on, no offense, but you are completely ridiculous in how you condem Cutler for things (most of which is unfounded, and I am starting to think you havent really watched him play outside the Bills game) but then you turn around and make excuses for Trent for the same things...

Amazing how you made this into a Trent Edwards thread again.

Obsessive

Keep the crusade going

:thumbsup:

That would be more of what has been going on since the 2008 season ended, the 3 other teams in the AFC East getting better while we decline and create more holes than we are filling. If the Jets were to get Cutler, and with the unknown status of Brady's knee, he may be the best QB in the division (obviously not if Brady is back 100%). The poster that says he is a 3 game wonder, and the Jets wouldn't make the Playoffs with him if they didn't with Favre, needs to look closer. At this stage of their careers, Cutler is far better than Favre. The Denver defense did nothing to help Cutler, even less than Buffalo's defense did for Edwards. He is a Pro Bowl caliber QB without any question.

very true...The Broncs in many people's view had the worst D in the league and still wound up 8-8...not bad

Amazing how you made this into a Trent Edwards thread again.

Obsessive

Keep the crusade going

:blink:

You are a riot man...thats your response EVERY time your Cutler theory is blown up by actual factual evidence...you should get a new line...you NEVER have anything to say about the facts that completely dissolve your Cutler crusade...and the only reason Edwards keeps getting mentioned is because you keep hating on Cutler for things Edwards has done worse then turn around and play down Edwards mistakes and make excuses for him...and you do this to everybody...your posts keep getting worse and worse on this subject and Im not the only one calling ya on it...

I would suggest a new topic for you...

You are a riot man...thats your response EVERY time your Cutler theory is blown up by actual factual evidence...you should get a new line...you NEVER have anything to say about the facts that completely dissolve your Cutler crusade...and the only reason Edwards keeps getting mentioned is because you keep hating on Cutler for things Edwards has done worse then turn around and play down Edwards mistakes and make excuses for him...and you do this to everybody...your posts keep getting worse and worse on this subject and Im not the only one calling ya on it...

He has a point about your obsession with Edwards. I'm not sure what Edwards has to do with the evaluation of Cutler. Any comparison in the stats, between the two players, is ridiculous, as Cutler played for, perhaps the best offensive mind in the league, had a great group of WRs and a good offensive line. Cutler's offense was tailor made for big stats. The coach was a big supporter of his, and made the team revolve around him. You just can't say the same for many other young QBs in the league, and you most certainly can't say that about the Bills last two young QBs.

Some here really like Cutler, others (like me), not so much. But who cares, there is no talk of him coming to Buffalo, at least from anyone who knows anything about the situation.

He has a point about your obsession with Edwards. I'm not sure what Edwards has to do with the evaluation of Cutler. Any comparison in the stats, between the two players, is ridiculous, as Cutler played for, perhaps the best offensive mind in the league, had a great group of WRs and a good offensive line. Cutler's offense was tailor made for big stats. The coach was a big supporter of his, and made the team revolve around him. You just can't say the same for many other young QBs in the league, and you most certainly can't say that about the Bills last two young QBs.

Some here really like Cutler, others (like me), not so much. But who cares, there is no talk of him coming to Buffalo, at least from anyone who knows anything about the situation.

Maybe, maybe not, Deano. How do we know for a fact that the Bills weren't one of the ten teams reportedly inquiring about him? The Bills are the last team I would have thought would talk with (and end up with) Terrell Owens.

Maybe, maybe not, Deano. How do we know for a fact that the Bills weren't one of the ten teams reportedly inquiring about him? The Bills are the last team I would have thought would talk with (and end up with) Terell Owens.

The Bills were actively looking for a veteran WR, there is no indication they are looking for a QB. That's a big difference, right there.

Many teams have been mentioned by real sources, in the Cutler deal...the Bills are not one of those teams. Tim Graham, while not an official source, is someone who might sniff interest if it was there, according to him, he has not.

So, my point remains, there has been NO credible discussion of Cutler coming to the Bills.

Now, could it happen? Sure, and maybe they'll deal for Brady or Manning, too...hey, it could happen, right? Maybe they'll make a trade for Boldin and Randy Moss. I have yet to hear anything to the contrary. After all, they signed TO, didn't they. (See how stupid that really sounds?)

keep hijacking threads with your Edwards crusade. Everyone see's it. The only one's who agree with you are the one's who like to bash Edwards, which are the same people over and over.

I mean come on, look at the one who just supported you, Bizell, look at his signature, look at the history of his posts, he has a more bizarre obsession to bash Edwards than you do, and that is saying something.

This now makes two straight threads that you hijacked with your Edwards crusade. The last one, I never mentioned anything about Edwards, the only time I brought in Edwards was to correct FlBillsfan incorrect nonfactual statement that he had about int %.

Then as usual, you had to bring Edwards into the conversation, when it clearly was about Cutler.

Now again, you do it. No one mentioned anything about Edwards, but you had to do it again.

Your obsessed dude. Face it.

I'm sure you'll hijack another thread with your obsession to bash Edwards.

We'll discuss this again, and I will see you in the next thread, cuz I know you can't help yourself.

The Bills were actively looking for a veteran WR, there is no indication they are looking for a QB. That's a big difference, right there.

Many teams have been mentioned by real sources, in the Cutler deal...the Bills are not one of those teams. Tim Graham, while not an official source, is someone who might sniff interest if it was there, according to him, he has not.

So, my point remains, there has been NO credible discussion of Cutler coming to the Bills.

Now, could it happen? Sure, and maybe they'll deal for Brady or Manning, too...hey, it could happen, right? Maybe they'll make a trade for Boldin and Randy Moss. I have yet to hear anything to the contrary. After all, they signed TO, didn't they. (See how stupid that really sounds?)

Actually, your farfetched scenarios are what really sound stupid. I wasn't saying that the Bills were after Cutler, just playing devil's advocate and saying that we don't know for a fact that they didn't kick the tires on him. It's not unrealistic to think that they did. After all, he's supposedly available at a position that is less than settled on this team...Brady and Manning are not available. At least discuss realistically.You're on record as not wanting Cutler. Fair enough. I'm neither advocating for or against him, just wondering. I like Tim Graham and enjoy his insight. No offense to him but he doesn't know everything. Did he "sniff interest" from the Bills on T.O.? I don't remember him calling that one, but my bad if he did and I missed it.

Actually, your farfetched scenarios are what really sound stupid. I wasn't saying that the Bills were after Cutler, just playing devil's advocate and saying that we don't know for a fact that they didn't kick the tires on him. It's not unrealistic to think that they did. After all, he's supposedly available at a position that is less than settled on this team...Brady and Manning are not. I like Tim Graham and enjoy his insight. No offense to him but he doesn't know everything. Did he "sniff interest" from the Bills on T.O.? I don't remember him calling that one, but my bad if he did and I missed it.

TO was signed less than 48 hours after being cut. It is a totally different scenario.

Anyway, you responded to my comment that there are no credible reports that the Bills are interested, or involved in, the Cutler deal. Do you have anything that refutes that?

TO was signed less than 48 hours after being cut. It is a totally different scenario.

Anyway, you responded to my comment that there are no credible reports that the Bills are interested, or involved in, the Cutler deal. Do you have anything that refutes that?

No, I don't. Nor do you have anything that proves that they aren't/weren't interested or involved. We on this board, Tim Graham included, aren't privy to EVERYTHING that goes on behind closed doors at One Bills Drive. That's all I was pondering, not saying that you were wrong. I guess there's no way you could see or acknowledge the POSSIBILITY that they could have been one of the teams?? I never said they were one of them, so I don't need to "have anything that refutes that." Just because nothing was leaked doesn't mean that it isn't so. Again, I never said they WERE involved...just playing devil's advocate. You seem much too defensive and snide in response to a reasonable question.

No, I don't. Nor do you have anything that proves that they aren't/weren't interested or involved. We on this board, Tim Graham included, aren't privy to EVERYTHING that goes on behind closed doors at One Bills Drive. That's all I was pondering, not saying that you were wrong. I guess there's no way you could see or acknowledge the POSSIBILITY that they could have been one of the teams?? I never said they were one of them, so I don't need to "have anything that refutes that." Just because nothing was leaked doesn't mean that it isn't so. Again, I never said they WERE involved...just playing devil's advocate. You seem much too defensive and snide in response to a reasonable question.

I already acknowledged the "possibility". You must have missed that post.