Time is running out

Lacking a tight end is not a glaring hole. It is by far the least important position on either side of the ball. With our current weapons, we are not in desperate need of a TE...as long as we can shore up the O-line we can get away with a scrub at TE. Don't expect the Bills to waste the #11 pick on one...teams generally don't draft TEs with high picks, and the Bills have a particular aversion to doing so - after picking up TO don't expect that to change now. They will draft their pass rusher because that is the most likely position that a rookie can fill and make an impact for the Bills and that is where they will go. They will seek a starting guard via trade/FA and they will draft a versatile interior lineman in the 2nd or 3rd round to add depth. I expect a FA OLB acquisition as well. Believe me I understand your Bills pessimism but right now we are not in bad shape at all. A couple of chips fall our way and we will be ready to challenge as a SB contender. Don't think the Bills intend to sign T.O. and not take steps to solidify their team for a playoff run right now. The Bills don't spend frivolously and did not acquire T.O. just to appeal to ticket buyers. Have faith...this will be a good season.

I agree with your agreement, EXCEPT RB could very quickly become a dire need. It appears Lynch has gone about his responsibility in his recent off-field issue correctly and will pay some sort of price, via lost time/suspension. The problem is that this is strike 2. Once is an anomaly, twice a coincidence and 3 is a trend. He's now in the precarious position that if ANYTHING happens -DUI, driving on suspended license, forced to punch out an unrulely, antagonistic Pats* fan- virtually anything we all know could happen- and we're in a world-o-sh*t! at RB.

As for Tight End, I want the team to have a viable threat there, but recent history of the team doesn't seem to consider it all that essential.. Too bad. Ingram could still be there for our second pick.

RB could become a dire need, or Lynch might wise up and stay out of trouble. Unless you're ready to unload Lynch and make plans to move forward without him, I don't see the wisdom in investing scarce resources to hedge against him getting in trouble again. The problem is, is there really a need to bring in a "name" guy who will serve as a third back once Lynch's suspension is over? I'm not seeing it. So yeah, things could go wrong but I think you could say that about any number of other positions.

And I agree with you on the TE, but on the other hand, I think the addition of Owens for a year could paper over the gap here and allow the team to get a decent prospect to hopefully step up next year.