Mark Gaughn on Tony Scheffler

Fingon

The Denver newspapers have reported for several weeks that the Broncos are shopping tight end Tony Scheffler.

He is entering the final year of his contract. So any team that acquires him will want to negotiate an extension simultaneously with the trade. Hence, agent Bus Cook needs to be intimately involved in any trade talks.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/200...-last-year.html

yet another reason to doubt cook was here about Cutler.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got a point. Add everything up and it's not hard to figure out that Scheffler is the most likely candidate to be traded to Buffalo. Edwards is tight with everyone in the front office and they still believe in the guy. I know, I know, it's a business but don't fall for it. As much as you want Cutler, it's not going to happen. The Bills already did the unthinkable and landed T.O. What's the likelihood of lightning striking twice? Don't get your hopes up...

Look at your signatures.

Pathetic.

Just let it go, I promise you, J.P will be put out of his misery soon.

I agree. It's funny how the only post a user makes was one where he stated that "Trent will lead us to the playoffs!". So, which one of you Trentites created the dupe account of JB17?

I agree. It's funny how the only post a user makes was one where he stated that "Trent will lead us to the playoffs!". So, which one of you Trentites created the dupe account of JB17?

I will admit it. I think with the right tools and protection, Trent could lead this team to the playoffs. However, we do need a solid TE and DE.

the bleacher report speculates on what we could trade. (it's a little surprising)

ProFootballTalk.com is reporting that Bus Cook, the agent representing Denver Broncos tight end, Tony Scheffler, is currently in Buffalo for unknown reasons.

Coincidentally, Cook is also the agent for disgruntled Broncos quarterback and Scheffler's best friend, Jay Cutler.

It is unknown whether Cook is in Buffalo on Cutler's terms or Scheffler's, but I'll be willing to bet it's not about Jay.

The Denver Post, also reported it last week, that Denver was exploring trade options for Scheffler, who was a no-show at the team’s offseason meeting today,

If Denver was to trade Scheffler, it is unknown what they would receive in return.

Scheffler is a very good receiving tight end that has had a series of injuries in his time with Denver. He would be an excellent addition for Buffalo, who recently lost tight end Robert Royal to the Cleveland Browns.

Possible compensation for the tight end could include defensive tackle John McCargo and a fourth or fifth round pick or a combination of McCargo, picks, and/or wide receiver Steve Johnson.

McCargo would likely be the centerpiece of any trade, and at 6'2”, 307 lbs. would be a great fit at defensive end in the Broncos' new 3-4 defense.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/140376-...or-receiving-te

Very good. If the Bills could get him for a 4th round pick that would be nice. I mean if Carolina is looking at a second for Peppers. And Cassell and Vrabel were traded for a second. Then why couldn't the Bills get him for a fourth or maybe even a fith round pick?

I'd trade a 4th for scheffler in a heartbeat. Sure there are a lot of TEs in the draft but those are the proverbially crapshoot.

whats even funnier is that you can't let it go.

that the signature, which is a statement, that every time you post something, that this is the way you want people to see you as.

Very good. If the Bills could get him for a 4th round pick that would be nice. I mean if Carolina is looking at a second for Peppers. And Cassell and Vrabel were traded for a second. Then why couldn't the Bills get him for a fourth or maybe even a fith round pick?

I understand your thinking, but there is a lot that goes into trade value. A second might be Peppers' value because he is 29 and has a franchise tag applied to him. So going against Carolina is his age (not necessarily a deterent, but it doesn't help), cap number, and his desire to be moved.

With Cassel, he's a younger QB, but he was counting against the Pats' cap at $14M. That's a HUGE cap number during the early days of FA for a guy you plan on trading.

So when I look at everything, I think the Broncos will be able to get a second or third for Scheffler. He turned 26 a month ago. There are no free agent TE's of significance available. So I think you start at a second round pick and maybe work them down to a third round pick and another later pick (maybe a fifth next year or a sixth this year).

I know it's total speculation but McCargo and a 4th or 5th in a heartbeat. I doubt the Bills want to give up on Stevie Johnson.

Interesting statement at the end of the article...

McCargo would likely be the centerpiece of any trade, and at 6'2”, 307 lbs. would be a great fit at defensive end in the Broncos' new 3-4 defense.

whats even funnier is that you can't let it go.

that the signature, which is a statement, that every time you post something, that this is the way you want people to see you as.

hey, the tool said "mark my words."

so I did.

and that's the only reason why I have it in my sig.. there was another guy that wanted his words marked, so i did that too, but i changed it out later on due to the complete ridiculousness of dog's statement.

and lol @ mccargo being the centerpiece of any trade

hey, the tool said "mark my words."

so I did.

and that's the only reason why I have it in my sig.. there was another guy that wanted his words marked, so i did that too, but i changed it out later on due to the complete ridiculousness of dog's statement.

and lol @ mccargo being the centerpiece of any trade

Yes, because McCargo wasn't sought after last year. He has value.

I know it's total speculation but McCargo and a 4th or 5th in a heartbeat. I doubt the Bills want to give up on Stevie Johnson.

I agree, that's a no-brainer from our standpoint. We'd be addressing one of serious needs without using a high draft pick. Then you can focus on defensive end or linebacker in the draft.

the bleacher report speculates on what we could trade. (it's a little surprising)

Scheffler is a very good receiving tight end that has had a series of injuries in his time with Denver. He would be an excellent addition for Buffalo, who recently lost tight end Robert Royal to the Cleveland Browns.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/140376-...or-receiving-te

I think the correct phrase would be "gained a tight end spot with the removal of Royal" rather than any "loss."