Cutler for Edwards?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the reason for a lot of the push back is that not only was this discussed, but I think the general concensus was that trading Edwards alone, not to mention sending him with a bunch of draft picks for Cutler is a STUPID IDEA!!! For proof, perhaps one should look at the actual game tape of how the two performed against each other in the game last year, particularly in the Fourth Quarter. Cutler hasn't done any more or less in his time in Denver. Why the *&^$ does everyone think he's so great? He couldn't win one game over the last six for his team last year to get them into the playoffs, finishing tied with SD at 8-8 in the AFC West last year, which is the weakest division in football. I wish people would stop hoping that we make trades for players we think are all that but are really just mediocre and overrated.

Jesus for Moses, straight up.

So you'd trade the dispensation of grace to be back under the "Law" which was just supposed to hold us over until the grace came? Remember that the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. Jesus for Moses?..................Sorry friend, no deal. :thumbsup:

So you'd trade the dispensation of grace to be back under the "Law" which was just supposed to hold us over until the grace came? Remember that the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. Jesus for Moses?..................Sorry friend, no deal. :thumbsup:

A+ for getting my point and allowing the masses to relate.

If Cutler is really on the way out of Denver, how about the Bills offer them Edwards and some draft picks for him? .... Discuss amongst yourselves please.

We already beat this to death, buried it, dug it up and beat it some more.

And the reason for a lot of the push back is that not only was this discussed, but I think the general concensus was that trading Edwards alone, not to mention sending him with a bunch of draft picks for Cutler is a STUPID IDEA!!! For proof, perhaps one should look at the actual game tape of how the two performed against each other in the game last year, particularly in the Fourth Quarter. Cutler hasn't done any more or less in his time in Denver. Why the *&^$ does everyone think he's so great? He couldn't win one game over the last six for his team last year to get them into the playoffs, finishing tied with SD at 8-8 in the AFC West last year, which is the weakest division in football. I wish people would stop hoping that we make trades for players we think are all that but are really just mediocre and overrated.

I think we should keep Trent, too at this point, but come on---Culter has a better performance so far. You really can't argue that Trent and Cutler had, "more or less" similar seasons in 2008. True, the Broncos (who actually won 2 of their last 6 games, not zero) melted down at the end of the season, but most would argue that the defense was the weakest link on that team, no?

I think we should keep Trent, too at this point, but come on---Culter has a better performance so far. You really can't argue that Trent and Cutler had, "more or less" similar seasons in 2008. True, the Broncos (who actually won 2 of their last 6 games, not zero) melted down at the end of the season, but most would argue that the defense was the weakest link on that team, no?

And what's your point? When it comes down to it, Cutler won one more game than Edwards last year, and TE was out for four games, two of which we probably could have won had TE been playing instead of our boneheaded former backup. Trent is a better QB in a number of categories, and take a look at how they perform in the fourth quarter, which, anyone will tell you is the key to seeing whether a young QB is likely to develop beyond their production in the first three or four seasons. You'll notice that Trents' statistics are much better in the Fourth Quarter. Not to say that the defense wasn't the weak link, because statistically they were, but Cutler wasn't really that good for how high their offense was rated. You think all that trade talk was because the Broncos were convinced that Mr. My-Arm's-Stronger-Than-Elway's was clearly the future of their franchise? I don't think so considering they were trying to acquire Matt Cassell, who's last start before last season was in high school, in a trade. Let's try and look at reality here. If TE plays a full season his numbers are closer to Cutler's and likely he has an equal or better record than Cutler. And as so many people on this board like to point out, wins and losses are what count.

And what's your point? When it comes down to it, Cutler won one more game than Edwards last year, and TE was out for four games, two of which we probably could have won had TE been playing instead of our boneheaded former backup. Trent is a better QB in a number of categories, and take a look at how they perform in the fourth quarter, which, anyone will tell you is the key to seeing whether a young QB is likely to develop beyond their production in the first three or four seasons. You'll notice that Trents' statistics are much better in the Fourth Quarter. Not to say that the defense wasn't the weak link, because statistically they were, but Cutler wasn't really that good for how high their offense was rated. You think all that trade talk was because the Broncos were convinced that Mr. My-Arm's-Stronger-Than-Elway's was clearly the future of their franchise? I don't think so considering they were trying to acquire Matt Cassell, who's last start before last season was in high school, in a trade. Let's try and look at reality here. If TE plays a full season his numbers are closer to Cutler's and likely he has an equal or better record than Cutler. And as so many people on this board like to point out, wins and losses are what count.

You forgot to mention that Cutler was supported by the 5th and 6th string rbs and was forced to pass 80% of the time due to a total lack of a running game. Do you watch much football??