Bills, Bucs in running for Crowell

I wonder if his agent is adding Buffalo to the mix to try and drive up his value. It would seem to me that Buffalo does not want him back - nor would he want to come back.

That being said, we need him at OLB. And I would love to have him.

I wonder if his agent is adding Buffalo to the mix to try and drive up his value. It would seem to me that Buffalo does not want him back - nor would he want to come back.

That being said, we need him at OLB. And I would love to have him.

Why would the Bills be taking the time and expense to meet with him if they don't want him back? :ph34r:

Why would the Bills be taking the time and expense to meet with him if they don't want him back? :ph34r:

They have shown a pattern of using time and expenses for nothing. They pinch every penny for in-house talent (Lee Evans, Freddy, Peters). Yet they have blown cash on about 25 meet an greet FA visits. This "inner circle" is a bunch of jerks. :rolleyes:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...ell?eref=fromSI

Nothing totally new, but according to si we're back in the mix. With the Eagles also interested too. They say the Buc will only offer a one-year deal. I think we can do better and give him a two or three-year deal.

Here's hoping...

I can't see why Crowell would want anything more than a 1-year deal. That way if he has a good year, he hits UFA next year. And he knows the Bills' system, so the transition won't be as great, especially since the Bucs have scrapped their eponymously-named system.

I can't see why Crowell would want anything more than a 1-year deal. That was if he had a good year, he hits UFA next year. And he knows the Bills' system, so the transition won't be as great, especially since the Bucs have scrapped their eponymously-named system.

Ding Ding Ding.

We have a winner!

Crowell will probably be bringing with him a one year FA contract offer from the Bucs. He'll give the Bills the option to match. If they do, he'll stick with Buffalo to "prove" himself one year and then cash in during the uncapped year.

Ding Ding Ding.

We have a winner!

Crowell will probably be bringing with him a one year FA contract offer from the Bucs. He'll give the Bills the option to match. If they do, he'll stick with Buffalo to "prove" himself one year and then cash in during the uncapped year.

I like your draft, BGiM, even the 7th Rounder. :ph34r: Isn't Southerland the guy who blocked so well for Thomas Brown?

I like your draft, BGiM, even the 7th Rounder. :ph34r: Isn't Southerland the guy who blocked so well for Thomas Brown?

Indeed he was. Southerland is actually one of my favorite players in this draft that nobody (well, aside from us draft nerds) has heard of.

One of the best things I ever heard said about him was when Glenn Dorsey called him "that FB who doesnt quit", as in the guy just would never back off a block. When other FBs or TEs would commit to their first block and be done with it, Southerland would just keep finding more people to hit.

Plus he has very underrated hands, could be a nice option out of the backfield in the NFL.

On the flip side of the coin though, he was injured a bit in college, hence why I think he'll last until late or be a UDFA.

They have shown a pattern of using time and expenses for nothing. They pinch every penny for in-house talent (Lee Evans, Freddy, Peters). Yet they have blown cash on about 25 meet an greet FA visits. This "inner circle" is a bunch of jerks. :ph34r:

Why is it when the Bills bring in players to look at them and interview them, people complain that the Bills are wasting money on bringing people in for visits and trying to do their due diligence. But if the Bills don't bring anyone in for a visit, then their FO is terrible because they aren't doing anything in FA? Some people just have a no-win attitude when the team does anything. Buffalo hasn't signed a ton of guys, but we have made some pretty good progress. Two real needs have been addressed in FA and the Florence signing isn't too bad either. The fact is the Bills have made offers to a number of guys who have come in but they haven't signed. Of course, many of those players haven't signed a contract with anyone else, and if things don't get better, they'll be back. We're a long way from done in FA, and I think we're still likely to pick up a couple more good FAs to fill a few more holes on the team. I wouldn't be disappointed if they resigned Crowell, and also added Keiaho to the LB corps. We need more veteran talent in the mix and those two guys would be great to have.

Why is it when the Bills bring in players to look at them and interview them, people complain that the Bills are wasting money on bringing people in for visits and trying to do their due diligence. But if the Bills don't bring anyone in for a visit, then their FO is terrible because they aren't doing anything in FA? Some people just have a no-win attitude when the team does anything. Buffalo hasn't signed a ton of guys, but we have made some pretty good progress. Two real needs have been addressed in FA and the Florence signing isn't too bad either. The fact is the Bills have made offers to a number of guys who have come in but they haven't signed. Of course, many of those players haven't signed a contract with anyone else, and if things don't get better, they'll be back. We're a long way from done in FA, and I think we're still likely to pick up a couple more good FAs to fill a few more holes on the team. I wouldn't be disappointed if they resigned Crowell, and also added Keiaho to the LB corps. We need more veteran talent in the mix and those two guys would be great to have.

It's called impatience and frustration.

I personally like the way the Bills are handling this offseason so far.

There is no rush to sign a linebacker right now. There are at least 4 LB's that I can think of off hand that I wouldn't mind having and none of them have signed as of yet. Keiaho, June, Crowell and Derrick Brooks. I have a feeling once one of those LB's get signed then we will see the Bills make a move. Until then, they can afford to be patient, just in case another player gets cut or released, meanwhile the asking price of each of those players are falling by the day.

There is no rush to sign a linebacker right now. There are at least 4 LB's that I can think of off hand that I wouldn't mind having and none of them have signed as of yet. Keiaho, June, Crowell and Derrick Brooks. I have a feeling once one of those LB's get signed then we will see the Bills make a move. Until then, they can afford to be patient, just in case another player gets cut or released, meanwhile the asking price of each of those players are falling by the day.

Completely agree. Particularly on your analysis of the LB situation. I also think the same thing is happening with Kendall Simmons. Buffalo offered him a deal, but he didn't take it. Of course, no one else has offered him a deal either, so we'll just have to wait and see what materializes from that. I guess G is not a real position of need for most teams this year, which could work out nicely for us in the draft as well, considering that there are some really solid G prospects to be had in the second, third, and possibly even the fourth round.

Why would the Bills be taking the time and expense to meet with him if they don't want him back? <_<

Exactly. :thumbsup:

Also if the Bills are not really interested in him.And his agent is the one trying to bring buffalo into the picture to drive up the price form Tampa. Dont you think the Tampa GM might call the Bills GM, oh wait thats right he probably won't know what to ask for.

That's collusion and not allowed. If that happened both teams would be penalized.

Crowell has no kids and that makes it a lot easier for him to pull up stakes and leave. If he had kids in school here he might be less likely to leave. I think we should all say goodbye to him, unfortunately. He has no beef with TB and it's a much better climate.

I agree. If the Bills bring in all of those guys and then sign one out of desperation and he sucks then a lot of those guys are gonna B word about the stupidity of the signing.

:lol:

Indeed he was. Southerland is actually one of my favorite players in this draft that nobody (well, aside from us draft nerds) has heard of.

One of the best things I ever heard said about him was when Glenn Dorsey called him "that FB who doesnt quit", as in the guy just would never back off a block. When other FBs or TEs would commit to their first block and be done with it, Southerland would just keep finding more people to hit.

Plus he has very underrated hands, could be a nice option out of the backfield in the NFL.

On the flip side of the coin though, he was injured a bit in college, hence why I think he'll last until late or be a UDFA.

I think I like Southerland in the 7th for us better than the LSU FB in Round 6 in my sig!!! I will look further into it.

Here's my favorite Southerland block:

He's (of course) the upback who wastes 2 guys on the Thomas Brown touchdown.

My favorite Quinn Johnson video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLMppXE97kE

The commentators call him a Larry Csonka.

I can't see why Crowell would want anything more than a 1-year deal. That way if he has a good year, he hits UFA next year. And he knows the Bills' system, so the transition won't be as great, especially since the Bucs have scrapped their eponymously-named system.

That's one way to look at it but I think a guy would rather have long term security than a one year deal. That's why these guys always B word and moan about being franchised.