T.O. Vs Evans, it'll never happen

whycali

Hardy is ahead of schedule and will be ready by training camp. However with TO, Evans, Reed, Parrish, Johnson, and Jenkins, they might put him on the PUP list and keep him there when the season starts.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardy is ahead of schedule and will be ready by training camp. However with TO, Evans, Reed, Parrish, Johnson, and Jenkins, they might put him on the PUP list and keep him there when the season starts.

Seriously? That's pretty hard to believe. But, if it's true, you may be right.

Jenkins really isn't a WR, though. I think of him as Sam Aiken, who was a designated ST players. It's possible they keep them all.

Seriously? That's pretty hard to believe. But, if it's true, you may be right.

Jenkins really isn't a WR, though. I think of him as Sam Aiken, who was a designated ST players. It's possible they keep them all.

Hardy who was off crutches just three weeks after surgery as opposed to normal recoveries of 8-10 weeks is ahead of schedule.

Jauron didn’t want to go so far as to say Hardy is ahead of schedule, but right now the timetable is very promising for early August.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/james-hardy/

So what you are saying is that you think a late round draft pick (Johnson 22 years old) deserves a chance to maybe develop while we rot in the AFC cellar for a couple more years rather than make a move that helps now? I will go out on a limb and say that Owens at 35 will have a better season this year than any two Johnson ever has combined.

On paper there is no way Evans draws a single double coverage.

Although I feel you have a lot of hostility, I tend to agree with you. Hopefully I am mistaking it for pure passion. But I do agree it's time to win now and I have no concern with developing players if it means it could cost us wins.

Although I feel you have a lot of hostility, I tend to agree with you. Hopefully I am mistaking it for pure passion. But I do agree it's time to win now and I have no concern with developing players if it means it could cost us wins.

Just thinking the unheralded young guy with questionable talent can wait a little while we win some games.

Another thing Evans is going to miss over there this year is all of his former buddies on the other teams. Not only will he not draw double, he wont get the opponents best player on every play either.

I don't know if I grasp your opinion on Evans. Do you think he is an above average receiver/average/below average/ or elite (top 5-7). Personally I think he can be very good but isn't quite elite. I can argue he is in the top 10 of WRs in the league, but also could argue it the other way. My feelings are he is going to be above average this year (60 rec 800 yds 7 tds). I don't know he will ever live up to his contract, but it was a must sign given the position the team is in with the talent they have or could pursue.

I like how people think hardy, johnson, or parrish are the odd man out when we have a 28 year old special teamer by the name of justin jenkins....

just saying, you won't see hardy or johnson or parrish cut. Unless we get good trade value for one of them which I doubt anyone is looking into truly, then they will all be here

The Owens move is perfect. One year deal allows Johnson to develope some, and play. Hardy gets better and gets playing time when 100% healthy. Parish is an enigma. But could be a great situation type reciever. And with Greer gone and McKelvin probably playing starting CB, Parish maybe works more on becoming your punt returner/kick returner. Not to mention recievers get hurt just like any other position. If, god forbid. Owens gets hurt then its nice to know we atleast have some guys on the squad that might be able to step up.

I like how people think hardy, johnson, or parrish are the odd man out when we have a 28 year old special teamer by the name of justin jenkins....

just saying, you won't see hardy or johnson or parrish cut. Unless we get good trade value for one of them which I doubt anyone is looking into truly, then they will all be here

When I say odd man out I mean that they wont be throwing the ball to Parrish on third down anymore. They wont throw 3 straight fade patterns in the corner of the endzone for Hardy to get outworked by a smaller db and, Johnson (who will probably never develop, and the only reason we are saying his name at all is that he outplayed our 2nd round bust Hardy) wont be even a 3rd option on goal to go plays.

Players like Jenkins who make league minimum and play special teams dont need to worry about their jobs. Steve Tasker proved as long as you fire your body into any situation with reckless abandon on every play you dont need to catch a pass until you are 30.

I don't know if I grasp your opinion on Evans. Do you think he is an above average receiver/average/below average/ or elite (top 5-7). Personally I think he can be very good but isn't quite elite. I can argue he is in the top 10 of WRs in the league, but also could argue it the other way. My feelings are he is going to be above average this year (60 rec 800 yds 7 tds). I don't know he will ever live up to his contract, but it was a must sign given the position the team is in with the talent they have or could pursue.

I think Evans is one of Buffalos 4 greatest wrs in the last 30 years. That said, the AFC east has elite defensive backs and with a little help they can pin any single player to the mat. With a second threat on the other side of the field Evans will not disappear with the extra attention from the other team.

One of the first things I thought with the TO acquisition is that Hardy and Steve Johnson are going to just follow Owens around like puppies and watch every step. This interview with Hardy confirms it.

He says he won't be able to practice fully to the end of camp, and probably won't play full go until the last pre-season game. It's a pretty good interview, although he seems to blame politics on the team (meaning the veteran players ahead of him playing) for his slow start and not himself. He's pretty positive though. He seems like he is putting in the work.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/sports/local_sport...ew_200903082120

One of the first things I thought with the TO acquisition is that Hardy and Steve Johnson are going to just follow Owens around like puppies and watch every step. This interview with Hardy confirms it.

He says he won't be able to practice fully to the end of camp, and probably won't play full go until the last pre-season game. It's a pretty good interview, although he seems to blame politics on the team (meaning the veteran players ahead of him playing) for his slow start and not himself. He's pretty positive though. He seems like he is putting in the work.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/sports/local_sport...ew_200903082120

He kept talking about waiting his turn for playing time, BS, he must have thought it was the opponents defensive turn to out work him for the ball. If he catches balls Josh Reed sits period. There is no comparison on who the QB wants to throw the ball to, the 6'5" guy beats the 5'10" guy as a target every time. I really do hope he does learn a lot from T.O. so that the Bills can use him instead of wasting draft picks on skill guys when they need offensive linemen so badly.